• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Just got off the phone with Robertsons looking for a SKS. The salesman said all they had "left" were the gooey guns. Didn't have any cleaned ones available. So that's what I bought.

Is there any ammo left around for them?

a_randy_sewer

Prius-driving-gun-owner
    Nov 18, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Just got off the phone with Robertsons looking for a SKS. The salesman said all they had "left" were the gooey guns. Didn't have any cleaned ones available. So that's what I bought.

Someone had 380 rounds in the classifieds a moment ago.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County

Big Dog Outfitters in Dahlgren, VA, had some Tulammo when I was in there today. It was $10 for a box of 20. I saw the same thing in a pawn shop in Fredericksburg this morning. I'm afraid that the days of cheap ammo are either behind us, or stored in the basements of a few people.

Last edited:

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Probably because no vendors have them. Or it was just an oversight on his part. No self respecting C&R holder wouldn't have at least ONE Mosin in his collection. Or more depending on how big your house is. And he only listed 5 but said 7, they must be the 2 missing one's :)

Uh Oh, I don't have a Mosin in my collection...........:sad20:

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    I hope you have better luck with Rguns than I've had. I ordered 4 Russian AK-47 mags from them on Christmas day which they claimed were in stock and I haven't heard squat from them even after several emails.

There web site does say they are running 4 weeks behind.

I figured I wasn't going to call/email/inquire until after the end of the month.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    AIM and SOG definitely win as far as timely C&R deliveries are concerned. I ordered 2 Mosins from AIM on Monday that will arrive Thursday. Ordered a Yugo SKS from SOG yesterday that I'll bet arrives by Monday.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Well Classic won the Race

Got them home, cleaned off a little cosmoline and here they are:

IMAG0173_zps3c3e2824.jpg

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    In any case, you got three of my favorite C&R handguns all at once! The best part is, the cost of your C&R was probably more than paid off just with there not being a transfer fee on one of them.

No doubt it paid for itself already. But it is costing me plenty.

And I have 4 more guns on order and will probably pick up another p64 from a buddy on Friday.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    Probably because no vendors have them. Or it was just an oversight on his part. No self respecting C&R holder wouldn't have at least ONE Mosin in his collection. Or more depending on how big your house is. And he only listed 5 but said 7, they must be the 2 missing one's :)

Dear Dr. Phil; I have been collecting firearms for a year now and have over 25 various handguns and rifles. Unfortunately, I never felt the urge to buy one of those inexpensive Mosin Nagant rifles that everyone talks about. Now, all my fellow C & R license holders don't think I respect myself. Even though I'm buying guns at the rate of 1 every 2 weeks I'm beginning to feel inadequate and my wife says my performance in bed is that of a 60 year old. Even though I'm 60 yrs old it still hurts. What's wrong with me? Am I turning gay??
    Please help,
    An Apparently Non-self-respecting gun collector

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom