• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    So my license arrrived on Monday and I'm wasting no time killing the credit cards and pissing the wife off.

I've got 7 guns on order from 3 different distributors.

Samco, Rguns and Classic.

Who will be the first one with a brown package on my front steps?

Oh the guns are Nagant revolvers, P64, CZ82, Yugo TT, and a Mauser rifle.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Probably because no vendors have them. Or it was just an oversight on his part. No self respecting C&R holder wouldn't have at least ONE Mosin in his collection. Or more depending on how big your house is. And he only listed 5 but said 7, they must be the 2 missing one's :)

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Probably because no vendors have them. Or it was just an oversight on his part. No self respecting C&R holder wouldn't have at least ONE Mosin in his collection. Or more depending on how big your house is. And he only listed 5 but said 7, they must be the 2 missing one's :)

Or multiples of the same gun.

My 2 sons listed what they want to inherit when I die so I ordered a couple extras.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Now I have a good example of me not being carried away when I get my C&R in. I have to subscribe to this post :)

I have to remind her that this is much less expensive than when we had a boat and much safer than our friends who have motorcycles.

vafish

Mar 13, 2012
    Commonwealth of Virginia
    Now I have a good example of me not being carried away when I get my C&R in. I have to subscribe to this post :)

I have to remind her that this is much less expensive than when we had a boat and much safer than our friends who have motorcycles.

She's not that mad. I sold 2 AR15s to fund my C&R habit for a while.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I'm still saying that. Lol

I can stop anytime I want to....

yellowsled, I'm thinking of ordering one of the cleaned up SKS's from Robertson Trading Post (My first C&R). Have you dealt with these folks? They have really good feedback on GunsAmerica.com.

I thought I'd ask for a 56 SKS with matching numbers, VG shape and cosmoline cleaned up($20). Am I missing anything here?

I'm guessing even with the cosmoline being cleaned up, I'm going to have to spend some time cleaning it.

:thumbsup: Thanks!

Last edited:

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    Get any of these sks's you can get your hands on. They will be dried up very soon. I sold a couple from my lot and my dads lot on here. Bang for the buck they are worth it. One guy committed to two of mine and I am hoping he follows through here soon. My Amex bill is coming in soon on my AR.

I would not pay for the cleanup as you will still be doing some work to get it in shoot able shape. $20 to wipe it down, no thanks.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    i just got mine in from robertsons, i was about to post it, yes, get one from them, they are about the best price of any you're gonna find any more, and they have fast service.

also i admit i went with the cosmo clean up, and i was actually pleasantly surprised, the gun is completely clean with a little oil on the metal, they actually did a great job. the only thing i had to clean was the gas tube, there was some stuck old crud in there, not cosmo that made the piston not move freely.

that was like 5 minutes to clean up, thats one of the great parts of hte SKS design is how easy it is to clean the gas system after shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom