• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Does anyone have any land to ride quads at, that would be interested in hosting a day of riding? I have a quad but I really didn't want to go through the registration that's needed to ride public land.

I have to do some work to mine before I'd be able to go but it was just a thought.

ktm rider

Feb 21, 2011
    Undisclosed and Secure
    Well, there are plenty of places to ride, However not al lof them are what some people would call 'legal'.
    We are however trying to open these trails to the public. I fyou would like to have a very nice place to ride for years to come in the western Md. area please join here:

http://mdohvalliance.org/

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Well, there are plenty of places to ride, However not al lof them are what some people would call 'legal'.

We are however trying to open these trails to the public. I fyou would like to have a very nice place to ride for years to come in the western Md. area please join here:

http://mdohvalliance.org/

Is this going to be something where you will have to register your quad and have it insured?

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Wolf Den Riding an Hunt Club. Kitzmiller Md. It's in Garret Co. and it's private. They are on facebook. They offer daily and yearly membership.

I'll look into it. I'd have to get more people to go with me if I am going to drive that far though lol

Thanks for the info

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I have some land that was logged a couple years ago in York Co. Some trees still standing and a lot of grass and brush growing up. Id LIKE to see the brush dug up by a Quad or 2 as long as they have good noise suppression and I wasn't held liable if you broke your neck or anything else.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    I have some land that was logged a couple years ago in York Co. Some trees still standing and a lot of grass and brush growing up. Id LIKE to see the brush dug up by a Quad or 2 as long as they have good noise suppression and I wasn't held liable if you broke your neck or anything else.

I would definitely sign a waiver and give it to you. But unfortunately my quad is kind of loud. Not crazy loud but louder than stock.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Do you know if the ohv sticker requires the title? The quad was given to me about 6 years ago by a good friend / neighbor, if it was I probably good get it or have him purchase the sticker.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!

I have a house in Adams county and a muffled Polaris. I'd be happy to help!

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Do you know if the ohv sticker requires the title? The quad was given to me about 6 years ago by a good friend / neighbor, if it was I probably good get it or have him purchase the sticker.

PA doesn't require a Title, but the VIN has to be verified and you have to swear to owning it. Plus Insurance.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    PA doesn't require a Title, but the VIN has to be verified and you have to swear to owning it. Plus Insurance.

That's good to know. Thanks I may look into that. If that everyone I ride with rides public land in Pa anyways

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    I have a house in Adams county and a muffled Polaris. I'd be happy to help!

When you're out this way come by and look it over. MAYBE if one of our legal eagles here would post a generic release of responsibility for me to print and you to sign...........

Might be a good idea to work it around deer season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom