• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    that was a lotta fun! my second year, did stock and open auto, with absolutely perfect weather yesterday. excellent again in all aspects, but really did miss the polish plate rack!

i'm not aware of anything else like it in the area, guess that's why they said it was the biggest steel match in the usa (measured by # of gun shot).

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Awesome pics on page 2 sorry I missed it but my daughter was receiving an academic scholarship award from Dr. Ben Carson and his wife so that was more important this weekend. Look forward to meeting some of you if your heading to York 3Man 3Gun next weekend.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    OMG! Having never seen a course or competed like this... how much ammo do you use? How close are you to the targets? It sure does look like fun!

Can total novices try out?

Sure, come on out. This year, they did put a 90 second time limit on it, though. They announced there were 580 shooters, with more new shooters than any other match before this one.

Shooting sports are getting popular.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    Sure, come on out. This year, they did put a 90 second time limit on it, though. They announced there were 580 shooters, with more new shooters than any other match before this one.

Shooting sports are getting popular.

I think the time limit is fine. You don't want to waste all your ammo on one stage. I was able to get in Sunday AM. Had a great time and plan on returning next year hopefully. The weather really was unbelievably good and everything ran smoothly as others have already mentioned. Since I had such a great time, I plan on signing up for York too.

Was only able to talk to Mike Sunday before safety briefing. Hope to meet more of you at the next event. I need to purchase some MDShooters swag so it is easier for us to find and meet each other.

Thank you to Dave, Mike and others for making me aware of this event and helping me get in. :thumbsup:

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    It turned out to be a beautiful day yesterday. I had some mental errors but overall did fine. I ran into Guderian before the PM session and also saw davsco. I was also fortunate enough to be squadded with BenL and a couple of other friends which made it even more enjoyable. It really helped to have friends around on stage 3 when I decided to stop shooting for some reason with 2 targets still standing :o. Video below of me shooting the Predator Tactical Scarab in .40 yesterday in Stock Auto. As far as round count I ended up shooting 234 rounds for the session.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom