• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    I'm shooting Sunday afternoon. I've got a bunch of ammo to make...

I will be shooting Sunday afternoon as well. I am really looking forward to this low-stress match. I also think I will reload off my belt this year... no use trying the table when I have programmed myself to go to the belt.

Mike

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    either one will be Stock Auto. only other option for a semi is Open Auto.

then they have stock and open revolver divisions.

yep bring plenty of mags, especially because they say mags can only be loaded to 10 rounds, even in Open division.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    either one will be Stock Auto. only other option for a semi is Open Auto.

then they have stock and open revolver divisions.

yep bring plenty of mags, especially because they say mags can only be loaded to 10 rounds, even in Open division.

thanks for the info...hope I can make it, looks like a blast

Oh and whats the ammo requirment anything special? Or power factor stuff? Or a link for this info would be good too. I didn't see anything but the form

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    oh yeah i see OP was in Feb...thats probably good so my wife doesn't kill me when a box of magazines arrives after I told her no more gun stuff for a while. But I've been saying that for years...lol

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    any ammo from walmart 9mm or more powerful, should be fine. do yourself a favor and don't buy the super cheap crap. you would save a few bucks and your gun would jam a lot, seen this happen way too much. but any name brand (federal, winchester, remington) inexpensive fmj ammo will work.

i believe they are full, but people always cancel last minute so i would recommend you call and get on wait list. frankly if you don't live too far away, i'd risk just showing up. the signup was a few months ago so i'd say decent chance of a few no-shows, especially considering the weather is looking cold/cool and good chance of rain.

you will not be disappointed, this was the 2nd funnest match i did last year. the funnest was down in florida, uspsa style (running and shooting) but all steel.

Guderian

Mar 31, 2011
    any ammo from walmart 9mm or more powerful, should be fine. do yourself a favor and don't buy the super cheap crap. you would save a few bucks and your gun would jam a lot, seen this happen way too much. but any name brand (federal, winchester, remington) inexpensive fmj ammo will work.

i believe they are full, but people always cancel last minute so i would recommend you call and get on wait list. frankly if you don't live too far away, i'd risk just showing up. the signup was a few months ago so i'd say decent chance of a few no-shows, especially considering the weather is looking cold/cool and good chance of rain.

you will not be disappointed, this was the 2nd funnest match i did last year. the funnest was down in florida, uspsa style (running and shooting) but all steel.

I emailed Mr. Lutz. Hopefully there are some cancellations Sunday. :)

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Great time and great weather.
    Stages 1-3
    :party29:

Attachments

• Stage 1.jpg
      Stage 1.jpg
      143.5 KB · Views: 73
    • Stage 2.jpg
      Stage 2.jpg
      136.1 KB · Views: 74
    • Stage 3.jpg
      Stage 3.jpg
      123.1 KB · Views: 70

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    OMG! Having never seen a course or competed like this... how much ammo do you use? How close are you to the targets? It sure does look like fun!

Can total novices try out?

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    OMG! Having never seen a course or competed like this... how much ammo do you use? How close are you to the targets? It sure does look like fun!

Can total novices try out?

Ammo - depends on how good you are.
    Varies, 20-50 feet +/-.
    Its a blast!
    Yes, novices are welcome.
    Next match is next year.

I believe that today's announcement was that this match is the largest steel match in the USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom