• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Ah the Polish plate rack brings back fond memories. Some folks had that thing really spinning. With the wall to wall steel you'd think you can't miss...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    they say no shotties this year. was fun shooting them last year. especially those saiga's wow did they lay down some rounds.

ctucker1405

Dec 27, 2010
    Owings Mills, MD
    Buddy and I are thinking about attending, but this would be the 1st competition for either of us. Good idea or should we start with a smaller match? Looks really fun, may even attend even if we don't shoot.

What are the target distances?

VWTurbo

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2010
    Perry Hall
    anyone that has done this before, I am trying to figure out if I want to shoot stock auto, on sat/sun 9 & 2, how much is it? would it be considered 2 or 4 guns? not real clear.

mwelliott

May 17, 2006
    Columbia
    anyone that has done this before, I am trying to figure out if I want to shoot stock auto, on sat/sun 9 & 2, how much is it? would it be considered 2 or 4 guns? not real clear.

As far as I know each time slot is considered 1 gun. If you were to shoot 2 slots it would be $90. BTW all of the 9AM Saturday slots are full if you were thinking about trying to shoot in one of those.

Mike

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Buddy and I are thinking about attending, but this would be the 1st competition for either of us.

What are the target distances?

it is a totally fun event. and a good starter match, because a) there is no running or movement, b) no drawing from holster, c) you can just lay your spare mags on table in front of you, d) not a lot of strategy needed. did i say it is a bunch of fun...

distances are roughly 10 - 25 yards. sometimes you're shooting full size poppers and sometimes pretty small pieces of steel.

saturday morn already filled??? sure hope my app is included in that!!!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    every time slot counts as a gun. not sure how they handle if you shoot stock auto twice, if first round counts, 2nd round counts, or best of 2.

Hog Sniper

Ultimate Member
    Nov 16, 2008
    The PSA Shootout is a great event..Been there a few times shooting a revolver.....LOTS of reloads!!! (Smith 625)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    This Sunday!!!! Can't wait!!!!

I'm signed up for Sun AM and PM. Hope to see you there. Not sure if any room is left but you will definitely have fun, so sign up if you can.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Don't forget there is a rimfire only side match this year. 70 pieces of steel can be shot pistol or rifle or 2 man teams of a pistol and rifle. Both stock and open. Can be shot anytime from 9AM to 6 PM $5 per run or 3 for $10. Likely some kind of time limit.
    Max 10 per pistol mag and 25 per rifle mag.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Ugh so many matches and not enough time, gonna look into the 26th if I can swing it. Daughter is getting honored for a Dr. Ben Carson academic scholarship on the 29th, York Izaak Walton Fun shoot the 28th plus SLCFSA on the 28th, work the 27th. Looks interesting though and I wanna try to make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom