• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Cecil and Harford counties took similar moves before Carroll county did. I'm glad to see support from local leadership but unless they join the impending NRA lawsuit (like Sheriffs in NY, CT and CO have done) this is really a hollow gesture. They will still enforce these laws even though they have declared them unconstitutional

Was not aware of Harford until now, good deal. :thumbsup:

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Cecil and Harford took cues from Curroll Cownty Commissioner Rothschild. And no Carroll will not enforce this. We have Rothschild and hopefully Fiero to lead the way.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Cecil and Harford took cues from Curroll Cownty Commissioner Rothschild. And no Carroll will not enforce this. We have Rothschild and hopefully Fiero to lead the way.

Chris should buy a Fiero, lol...

wvN4oLd.jpg

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Fiero in a Fiero waiting in line to vote for Fiero.....

If I got drunk I would watch the $hit outta that movie.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    So basicially, this is just paper with words on it. No real action was taken. We still have to do exactly what Annapolis says and abide by the laws they force on us.

Reminds me of the U.N. and all their worthless resolutions that do nothing. Symbolism doesn't strike unjust laws from the books. I guess this made some people feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm proposing a resolution that says I should make $2 millions dollars. I hope it passes. I still won't make $2 million dollars but the resolution was a nice gesture. I'm tired of politicians that just talk and talk with no real, tangible ACTION to be seen. I've seen this when I called my representatives and spoke to their "aids", of course, about he 90 wait times for regulated firearm purchases. I'm sure they sent a stern letter to Owe'Mally's lackey that runs the Maryland State Police. I'm also sure that same lackey crumpled it up and threw it in the trash and continued on status quo.

I'll vote for anyone that values real actions and not just resolutions and words that don't do a darn thing other than allow them to pat themselves on the back.

Scarab

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    So basicially, this is just paper with words on it. No real action was taken. We still have to do exactly what Annapolis says and abide by the laws they force on us.

Reminds me of the U.N. and all their worthless resolutions that do nothing. Symbolism doesn't strike unjust laws from the books. I guess this made some people feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I'm proposing a resolution that says I should make $2 millions dollars. I hope it passes. I still won't make $2 million dollars but the resolution was a nice gesture. I'm tired of politicians that just talk and talk with no real, tangible ACTION to be seen. I've seen this when I called my representatives and spoke to their "aids", of course, about he 90 wait times for regulated firearm purchases. I'm sure they sent a stern letter to Owe'Mally's lackey that runs the Maryland State Police. I'm also sure that same lackey crumpled it up and threw it in the trash and continued on status quo.

I'll vote for anyone that values real actions and not just resolutions and words that don't do a darn thing other than allow them to pat themselves on the back.

Scarab

Then start stepping backward my friend. Don't stop until you get to Article 2 in the Declaration of Rights in Maryland's Constitution. It tells you everything you need to know about SB281, the Carroll Commissioner's resolution, etc. - most of them are just paper with words on them.;)

Mattjtowne

NRA Life supporter
    Feb 10, 2013
    Glad to see some steps for the positive!!

Would love to see more counties stepping up against this state.

Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    Then start stepping backward my friend. Don't stop until you get to Article 2 in the Declaration of Rights in Maryland's Constitution. It tells you everything you need to know about SB281, the Carroll Commissioner's resolution, etc. - most of them are just paper with words on them.;)

We just don't have LEADERS anymore. Just talkers. No do'ers. A real LEADER would take it to the people and have rallies and LEAD those that seek change. Our politicians just talk and don't lead at all. Frankly, that's the norm. It's a common man or woman that typically picks up the mantle of LEADERSHIP and charges forward while the politicians, our "noble" class, sit back and watch, wait and talk some more. I would LOVE to see a politican ALSO be a LEADER. Probably not going to happen.

Scarab

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    We just don't have LEADERS anymore. Just talkers. No do'ers. A real LEADER would take it to the people and have rallies and LEAD those that seek change. Our politicians just talk and don't lead at all. Frankly, that's the norm. It's a common man or woman that typically picks up the mantle of LEADERSHIP and charges forward while the politicians, our "noble" class, sit back and watch, wait and talk some more. I would LOVE to see a politican ALSO be a LEADER. Probably not going to happen.

Scarab

Ironically, the convicted serious criminals are the quasi-leaders when it comes to gun control. Although the laws constitutionally apply to them while they are serving their sentence, they no longer constitutionally apply after their sentence has been served - unless that sentence was death. So, many of them just ignore the laws after they regain their freedom because there is no constitutionally supported legal basis that supports the application of any laws that extend past their criminal sentence.

Now, apply that to people who have never been convicted of any serious crimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom