• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Really? The reports I've been reading are that part of the MD transportation law has *not* been tested, and that the solution is to carry a range bag with you.

While that may be true, has not been tested; it is to my knowledge from reading the bill, that the provisions to the annotated code do not affect regulated firearms or newly deemed "assault weapons" owned or purchased before Oct. 1, the effectively become grandfathered in. However, as I understand it, if a person moves into the state of Maryland, they must first register the regulated arm(s) or "assault weapons" (if they so happen to fall in that category) before being permitted to transport them according to state code.

A non-regulated firearm however can be transported inside and outside of the state after Oct. 1 just the same as it can today.

Perhaps someone else could chime in on this.

Bean Guy

Apr 4, 2013
    Eldersburg
    Glad to live in Carroll County. Be interesting to see if/when this gets tested. Still a nice FU to the liberal dems and OweMalley in particular.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I kinda knew that was the answer already... here is a interesting one...

How great would it be if the county Sherriff could do transfers. Then at least AR's and AK's can be transferred in the state. lol

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I kinda knew that was the answer already... here is a interesting one...

How great would it be if the county Sherriff could do transfers. Then at least AR's and AK's can be transferred in the state. lol

That would be interesting indeed, though I'm not sure how that could be done and also be in compliance with MFSA. If not in the state, then within the county from a county resident to a county resident.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    It was a good evening. It was nice to have the government officials on our side this time. And while mostly symbolic, it does send the message to the State. If most of the State's counties do this, it would be another example that MoM's 80% were made up. Every bit helps in the long run.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I was there until a little after 9:00 pm. I was sitting in the row behind Lou, 3rd seat in. I was wearing my Presidents Hundred shirt and one of the ladies out front saw it, she told me that her husband used to go to the National Matches at Camp Perry years ago. They got a good laugh when I commented that the woman who was speaking must have voted for "Zero". When asked who "Zero" was, I replied "ZeroBama and ZeroMalley".

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I just sent a copy of the Carrol County resolution to Washington County Commissioner Terry Baker. I talked with Terry baker, Jeff Cline and Ruth Calaham last night at the Republican Club meeting and they said they are ready to go with it. That was 3 of 5 commissioners, they said the other 2 would be on board too. :D Hopefully Washington County can be added to the list soon. :thumbsup:

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    I just sent a copy of the Carrol County resolution to Washington County Commissioner Terry Baker. I talked with Terry baker, Jeff Cline and Ruth Calaham last night at the Republican Club meeting and they said they are ready to go with it. That was 3 of 5 commissioners, they said the other 2 would be on board too. :D Hopefully Washington County can be added to the list soon. :thumbsup:

So it began, so it continues. Good work, keep us updated! :thumbsup:

If Garret, Allegheny, and the Eastern Shore Counties, even Harford too for that matter ... this could get interesting. It'd be the greater land mass versus the population dense areas.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    The B SUN once again didn't disappoint as it lived up to it's wonderfully biased reporting. Did anyone think it would be otherwise???

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Perfect!!!! Now if the other counties would just follow....
    Cecil and Harford counties took similar moves before Carroll county did. I'm glad to see support from local leadership but unless they join the impending NRA lawsuit (like Sheriffs in NY, CT and CO have done) this is really a hollow gesture. They will still enforce these laws even though they have declared them unconstitutional

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom