• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    The Board of Commissioners voted unanimously in favor if their Resolution declaring Carroll County a Second Amendment Sanctuary County. This Resolution has full support of both the Sheriff and State's Attorney. Hopefully this sets an example for other counties to follow. Bold and courageous, thanks to all who made it out tonight.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369277720742.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1369277720742.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 438

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I was in the audience. Being from Howard county, it is refreshing and encouraging to see a county gov't with the integrity and courage to stand up against the Maryland Firearm Suppression Act of 2013. I can only hope they are contagious.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    What exactly does this mean? I am confused.. Do they NOT have to follow the law that was just signed? or?????:confused:

It DOES NOT mean that Carroll County will not follow the Maryland Firearm Safety Act of 2013. All County branches of government will protect citizens rights if they are infringed unlawfully or unconstitutionally by affect of the new law. The County explicitly asks that no one intentionally defy the new law after October 1st because both the Sheriff and State's Attorney will already be walking a fine line by proclamation of this Resolution.

I will post images of the Resolution document in a few minutes.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It basically means the county is not going to provide any resources to enforce SB281. Carroll county deputies will not be breaking down your door looking for "banned weapons" or checking your serial numbers at the range. You still must obey the law. They are just stating that the Maryland State Safety Act of 2013 (or what ever it's called) is a violation of the Second Amendment and the state will have to enforce it. SCMIIW.

Commit a real crime in Carroll County and the Sheriff's Deputies will nail you to a wall.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    It basically means the county is not going to provide any resources to enforce SB281. Carroll county deputies will not be breaking down your door looking for "banned weapons" or checking your serial numbers at the range. You still must obey the law. They are just stating that the Maryland State Safety Act of 2013 (or what ever it's called) is a violation of the Second Amendment and the state will have to enforce it. SCMIIW.

Commit a real crime in Carroll County and the Sheriff's Deputies will nail you to a wall.
    What does SCMIIW stand for? I did a search but failed.

Cheers for Carroll County and the Commissioners!!!

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Waiting for Blaine Young now....

EDIT

Reserve resources are citizen "deputies" or whatever you want to call them correct?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Oh, I was thinking that Carroll County gun dealers would be able to sell 20 round mags. Sounds like that's not the case. This sucks.:sad20:

Last edited:

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Waiting for Blaine Young now....

EDIT

Reserve resources are citizen "deputies" or whatever you want to call them correct?

Yes. But not implemented, so we don't really know what it would mean. Still to be researched by the Sheriff...who is leaving office next year.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Yes. But not implemented, so we don't really know what it would mean. Still to be researched by the Sheriff...who is leaving office next year.

Correct, though Chris Fiora was also in attendance, he is running for Sheriff in e next election. I'll bring this up at his fundraiser in June, I'd be interested in his response or plans of implementation.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Nice sentiment, but can't imagine it'll do too much.

I'd be nice to know if I can drive north to PA following federal guidelines and not have the county sherriff give me grief without having to find out the closest gun range in Littlestown, if you know what I mean.

I get that the Staties are still liable to give me trouble. Oh well, I'll just make sure the Fuze is set to record to internal memory.

Multifaceted

Jerk of all Trades
    Jan 10, 2013
    Adams County, PA
    Nice sentiment, but can't imagine it'll do too much.

I'd be nice to know if I can drive north to PA following federal guidelines and not have the county sherriff give me grief without having to find out the closest gun range in Littlestown, if you know what I mean.

I get that the Staties are still liable to give me trouble. Oh well, I'll just make sure the Fuze is set to record to internal memory.

Sure, there's some skepticism about this being only "symbolic". Better than rolling over and doing nothing at all.

You can already drive out of state with both regulated and non-regulated firearms providing that you owned them — or purchased them prior to Oct. 1

The idea of this is to protect lawful gun owners from overreach of statute by way of the new law. If a citizen is to become subject to having his or her rights infringed upon, as outlined in the Resolution, then the county will back said persons and come to their aid.

I agree, it is nice to know., but it is not a fix. Overall, I am pleased.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    You can already drive out of state with both regulated and non-regulated firearms providing that you owned them — or purchased them prior to Oct. 1

Really? The reports I've been reading are that part of the MD transportation law has *not* been tested, and that the solution is to carry a range bag with you.

Sort of suspect when you have 3 cats in the back, but I suppose the solution is "I'm going to the range, and my wife's going to drop the cats off at my parents'" (As of note, that'd hold up in court, as there's a range a few miles from my parents' house.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom