• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I can't find it now but MSP issued a guidance a while back addressing this. The upshot was that even if you have the >10 round magazines shipped out of state to pick up, you're still purchasing while in Maryland and thus, breaking the law. I might have read it wrong, but that's what I understood.

Here you go:

https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216228&d=1508193978

It has to do with transfers by dealers, of >10 magazines out of state, and not with the actual purchase in state. Completely different question which we really don't want asked of MSP to get their "opinion".

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015

bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    If I buy the hi-cap assault clips online while vacationing in London and have them shipped to Delaware.....will they send the bobbies after me? :D

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Excellent. Thank you. I was misremembering the doc.

No, and we don't need anyone sending the AG a request for an opinion either. :innocent0

You're quite welcome, it was searchable under "MSP advisory" for future reference.

magnumpi

Jan 16, 2013
    Westminster MD
    What would happen if you used your out of state shipping address as your billing address instead of your actual MD billing address? They don't use your address when they run the credit card do they? Just a thought

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    What would happen if you used your out of state shipping address as your billing address instead of your actual MD billing address? They don't use your address when they run the credit card do they? Just a thought

Running billing address on CC is an option that most online vendors use.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    What?!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Why is this so surprising to people?

When people steal your identity or CC info, they generally do not send stolen items (gift cards, etc) to your home address. They send it to some other address, where they pick it up. ok, occasionally they do send it to your house and pick it up from your porch. :whoa: But more likely they send it to a vacant property. Billing address not equal to shipping address is one flag for fraud. Its not necessarily the only flag, and they will not necessarily deny it. Sometimes they flag the transaction and call you (BTDT).

Yes, when they run your CC on the internet, they do check records like address and zip code, not just the CC #.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Credit card transaction would fail, as most if not all online transactions require your billing zip code to verify the credit card.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I have 3 kids who live in other states. I've never had an issue with buying things on line and have it shipped to their address. I have never had a transaction denied because of the shipping address being different than my billing address. We're talking hundreds of packages.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    I have 3 kids who live in other states. I've never had an issue with buying things on line and have it shipped to their address. I have never had a transaction denied because of the shipping address being different than my billing address. We're talking hundreds of packages.

I would imagine that would be a huge issue around Christmas time if shipping address had to be the same as billing.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

My card sends a fraud alert when I do such. All I have to do is confirm the transaction. Another bank card I no longer use would refuse shipments to other addresses.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Midway works fine and you don't have to change your billing address. Just made an order myself and picked up at my friends house out of state.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom