• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yakfish

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 27, 2017
    True. But if I'm sitting at my computer WHILE IN MD, and hit 'buy', I'm purchasing while in MD. Even if they are shipped from somewhere out of state to some where else for pickup.
    Which IS illegal, correct?

It's ironic that your screen name is "freebird" when you're trying sooooooo incredibly hard to find every possible, imaginable, inconceivable, absurd way to make yourselfnot free.

That's funny to me. In a really sad way.

clingy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 12, 2017
    Use a phone on airplane mode , connected to WiFi through a VPN to the state you are shipping to.

Came here to say this. However, best to use a non-US VPN (like Swiss-based ProtonVPN) so your data can’t be requested with a search warrant if it came to that.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    True. But if I'm sitting at my computer WHILE IN MD, and hit 'buy', I'm purchasing while in MD. Even if they are shipped from somewhere out of state to some where else for pickup.

No, it is not. The purchase is made at the store. If the store is outside of Maryland and you ship the mags to an address outside of Maryland, it is perfectly legal.

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    Besides CheaperthanDirt, is there a list somewhere of vendors willing to ship to VA despite MD billing address? CTD is out of 33rd glock mags.

Thanks!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    No, it is not. The purchase is made at the store. If the store is outside of Maryland and you ship the mags to an address outside of Maryland, it is perfectly legal.

What are you basing that on? Do you have some determining and authoritative documented decision that states that? If so, please share.

I find it hard to believe that MSP looks at >10 round mags bought separately from those bought with a firearm, and they have clearly stated that the latter being ordered while in Maryland and then sent out of state for pickup is a no-no.

Yep, I could be wrong about that but I have yet to see anything to convince me differently. I would be happy for you to provide that.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    It's ironic that your screen name is "freebird" when you're trying sooooooo incredibly hard to find every possible, imaginable, inconceivable, absurd way to make yourselfnot free.

Won't you fly high, freebird ?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

You're sending your money to them. The deal can't be 'consummated' until your money arrives there. The purchase(in my eyes) is made out of state. It's the same as driving out of state to make the purchase. You are merely taking the place of an electric wire or postal deliverer. No need to over-think it.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    The key point here is actual PHYSICAL transfer of the magazine(s). Nothing happens until YOU take PHYSICAL possession of it. As long as you are across this "Free State's" communist state's line when it's done; you are GTG

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    So I guess I can't buy 10, 30 round AR mags online for my brother and have them shipped to his home in PA for his birthday. Being as it's illegal to purchase those magazines in Maryland???

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013

I was asking a question about a law, written by our elected officials.

Specifically, FSA2013 states:
    "A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm."

I'm glad you know the legal definition of 'purchase'.

But it's certainly not clear to me.

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013
    You're sending your money to them. The deal can't be 'consummated' until your money arrives there. The purchase(in my eyes) is made out of state. It's the same as driving out of state to make the purchase. You are merely taking the place of an electric wire or postal deliverer. No need to over-think it.

That's a reasonable opinion.

IMO, we need to know the laws that restrict us in order to fight them. Details matter. And if we can't discuss here, then where? (Comment not directed at you :))

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was asking a question about a law, written by our elected officials.

Specifically, FSA2013 states:
    "A person may not manufacture, sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer a detachable magazine that has a capacity of more than 10 rounds of ammunition for a firearm."

I'm glad you know the legal definition of 'purchase'.

But it's certainly not clear to me.

Since this is a Maryland law, that can only pertain to actions taken while in the state of Maryland. Maryland law cannot prevent actions which take place outside of the state of Maryland. That is unenforceable.

If Maryland says their tops speed limit is 65 mph but you're in Nevada and the speed limit is 85 mph, does that mean your speed limit is still 65 mph?

FGT1958

Since this is a Maryland law, that can only pertain to actions taken while in the state of Maryland. Maryland law cannot prevent actions which take place outside of the state of Maryland. That is unenforceable.

If Maryland says their tops speed limit is 65 mph but you're in Nevada and the speed limit is 85 mph, does that mean your speed limit is still 65 mph?

Yup! If you are driving your car by computer while sitting in Maryland!! :lol2::D

freebird

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 11, 2013

Yes, that's clear and understood. But not my question at all.
    Obviously there's some that believe strongly that 'purchasing' while physically located in MD, but connected electronically to a store out of state, is NOT illegal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JBIRD EST.1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom