• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • barcuna

Aug 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Peacemaker National F class Only 600 yard rifle match,
    Saturday, June 23. 2012. Check in at office 8:00am, Match 9:00am
    Registration will open at www.peacemakernational.com at 9:00am, Wednesday, June 9

Very Important Information to consider before registering for this match.

1-All competitors will be expected to have proper elevation data for 600 yards.
    All shots fired will be at 600 yards. Any shots leaving the range over the backstop, either from overshooting or from skipping rounds off the deck, will result in an immediate disqualification from the entire competition.

2-In lieu of proper elevation data, competitor will provide manufacturer and weight of the bullet (not the loaded round) and muzzle velocity of ammunition being used Range officers will assist in calculating proper elevation settings in this case.

3-Competitors rifle must be of a caliber and design capable of 600 yard shots and have a target grade scope, with target adjustment knobs for elevation and windage. Hunting type scopes with slotted type adjustments will NOT be acceptable for this competition.

In other words:

If you use a coin or screwdriver to adjust your scope, it will not be acceptable
    If you can adjust your scope with your fingers, you are good to go.

$30 members, $45 non members for all three matches

Match 1-Unlimited sighters, 20 record rounds, 20 minute time limit.
    Match 2-2 sighters, 20 record rounds, 15 minute time limit
    Match 3-2 sighters, 20 record rounds, 15 minute time limit

Awards for High TR, High Open, High Junior (with at least five competitors in class)

OBI, ECI, chamber flags, etc. will be required in all rifles not on the line.

Space permitting, infiltration shooting system will be used.

Open class maximum of .35 caliber,
    TR class restricted to .223 or .308 caliber only.

Kongsberg electronic scoring system will be used. No pit duty or pullers required.

All NRA highpower/F class rules and range commands will be used.

For complete rules:
    Go to www.nra.org, "Competitive Shooting" tab, "Rules, registration and results" tab, "Official rule book" tab, "High power rifle "tab. Section 22, F-class rifle rules.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Hmmm......I just MIGHT be up for something like this. Need to shoot sum MOA @ 600 yrds to be competitive?

However...I've never shot passed 400 yrds and only shot a box or so once haha. Need to read up on this first..

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Scoring ring sizes of F-Class targets.
    600 Yard Target -
    NRA No. MR-1FC
    Aiming Black (inches)
    X ring . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3.00
    10 ring . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.00
    9 ring . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12.00
    8 ring . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18.00
    7 ring . . . . . . . . . . . . 24.00
    6 ring . . . . . . . . . . . . 36.00
    Rings in white (inches)
    5 ring . . . . . . .48.00

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    600 Yard Target -
    NRA No. MR-1FC
    Aiming Black (inches)
    Rings in white (inches)

Haha..I'm outta my league. I've got a stock Remington 700 and shooting off the shelf ammo. Maybe in a few years...

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Bridgeville Del, New Holland Pa and sometimes at Quantico Va.

Haha..I'm outta my league. I've got a stock Remington 700 and shooting off the shelf ammo. Maybe in a few years...

I shot my first year and a half with a stock Rem 700 with a sporter barrel while I saved money to upgrade. I didn't do very well but I learned a ton and got lots of practice.

Weber

USMC
    Oct 12, 2009
    Elkton, MD
    Great, do you have a link to anything upcoming at those locations?

I really would like to get into this.

I would most likely like to shoot my MA-TEN 308. It has a hunting rifle scope, but is adjusted with fingertips not tools or coin. Does that fit this type of shoot.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    Great, do you have a link to anything upcoming at those locations?

I really would like to get into this.

I would most likely like to shoot my MA-TEN 308. It has a hunting rifle scope, but is adjusted with fingertips not tools or coin. Does that fit this type of shoot.

Keep an eye on this forum. Most are posted here.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    It is still trigger time and a good time to get pointers and look at other folks set up.

I know around what my dope should be, but shooting .5 MOA at 600 yards, probably wont happen with my current set up and more importantly, my ability.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i haven't done f-class, but do a lot of idpa/uspsa competitions, really just to get practice and trigger time for upcoming events.

for $45 you will get use of a 600yd range, surely will get good pointers from fellow competitors, and take that first step in competitions. well worth the price of admission.

i just use the factory federal 168g match loads in my lr-308 and have done sub-moa out to 600 yds without too much trouble. sure a remmy 700 would do at least as well.

herr.baer

Maryland Escapee
    Dec 27, 2007
    Tennessee
    I know around what my dope should be, but shooting .5 MOA at 600 yards, probably wont happen with my current set up and more importantly, my ability.

At first it isn't about winning. It is about learning the basics and getting more info. There is no better time to start. Trust me. Go shoot and have a good time. Ask lots of questions and do better next time.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    i haven't done f-class, but do a lot of idpa/uspsa competitions, really just to get practice and trigger time for upcoming events.

for $45 you will get use of a 600yd range, surely will get good pointers from fellow competitors, and take that first step in competitions. well worth the price of admission.

i just use the factory federal 168g match loads in my lr-308 and have done sub-moa out to 600 yds without too much trouble. sure a remmy 700 would do at least as well.

I've never shot that far, EVER. I'm shooting the 175 gr FGMM and managed to shoot .69MOA at 400 yards...but everyone gets lucky once! But your right, $45 for a days worth of learning shooting is better than the $60 I just spent at 340 defense haha.

At first it isn't about winning. It is about learning the basics and getting more info. There is no better time to start. Trust me. Go shoot and have a good time. Ask lots of questions and do better next time.

So what do I need to bring with me? I have a 6-9" bipod, rear bag and that is about it. No way of calling wind and a free app on my phone that tells me I need 63.6 clicks out to 600 yards.

How many rounds do I need to bring? Guess I will be laying on the grass, no shooters mat? Anything else I need?

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    I've never shot that far, EVER. I'm shooting the 175 gr FGMM and managed to shoot .69MOA at 400 yards...but everyone gets lucky once! But your right, $45 for a days worth of learning shooting is better than the $60 I just spent at 340 defense haha.

So what do I need to bring with me? I have a 6-9" bipod, rear bag and that is about it. No way of calling wind and a free app on my phone that tells me I need 63.6 clicks out to 600 yards.

How many rounds do I need to bring? Guess I will be laying on the grass, no shooters mat? Anything else I need?

Sounds like you are off to a good start. I used one of my backpacking sleeping pads for the longest time; then Midway had a sale on their nicest shooting mat.

Just watch the wind and use up your unlimited sighters. That's all I ever did.

Prior to my first modified F-class match at QMCB, I had only shot at 100 yds. I used JBM Online for data and confirmed that with other shooters on the line (another nice thing about shooting a 308....) Dialed up, closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. To my amazement I actually hit paper :D

Be safe, keep off your neighbor's target and no one will hate you.

ETA: If by "clicks" you mean 1/4 minutes, you should be on paper. I looked up my data and I have 16 MOA recorded for my 175 grain load.

tech24

HP rifle shooter
    Dec 15, 2011
    Frederick, MD
    600 Yard Target -
    NRA No. MR-1FC
    Aiming Black (inches)
    Rings in white (inches)

These will have no meaning sort of since we will be shooting at a black dot due to electronic scoring system. I'm hoping someone will mark a small dot in white or something for a more precise dot to aim at. But doesn't change anything same dimensions apply as far as grouping goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom