• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I am curious if this guy was carrying in his pocket and no safety on? I mean one in the chamber and no safety.. This carelessness is not good. He should lose his right to carry. Could have easily killed an innocent bystander
    Your post...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm wondering how the gun went off in the first place.
    Was it holstered?
    Was it just shoved in his pants?
    Was he being stupid and showing it off in public?
    What ever he did, I'm sure he engaged that trigger in some way. This Crap makes me want to effing scream. Equipment and "Real training" have to be top notch.
    You can bet one thing for sure, If this guy was permitted to carry we are never going to hear the end of it in the news.
    For the record County Executive Steuart Pittman is a Effing Idiot. If he is in your district, Vote his ass out.
    From being there when it happened and talking to folks. It appears that he was not of age to own a handgun or get a permit. He was finger fvcking the trigger while it was in his pocket and it went off and struck the stuffing machine at the Build-A-Bear kiosk in the food court.
    We were close to the food court but didn't hear the shot, but we saw the first group of kids/people scatter/run from the food court. Then everyone else started to run because the first group was running. My wife asked what happened of several people and they said "I don't know, but everyone else is running so I am too."
    I walkd up to the food court and there were people standing around, ordering food, eating food, almost like nothing happened. I asked a guy standing there what happened and he said it sounded like someone dropped a large glass vase. Police and security were there, they looked for stuff, didn't find anything, sent people on their way. My wife and I went back to shopping, and about 20 minutes later AACO SO started walking through the mall telling people they needed to leave.
    We left the building but the parking lot was a mess (Think leaving after a concert), so we went for a walk around the outside of the mall. Saw a bunch of AACO PD, a few AACO SO, and a bunch of DNR all tac'd up. DNR was preventing traffic from entering the mall parking lots, but very few AACO pd doing traffic control. We finally were able to get in the truck and leave about 90 minutes later.

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    WBAL parrots Pittman's irresponsible rhetoric based on no facts where he vilifies thousands of good honest concealed carriers for something that seems to have been done by a totally illegal underaged gun carrier.

The story doesn't ask any questions, or present any evidence other than a cut and paste of what a politician said. Nothing in this resembles any actual journalism.

https://www.wbal.com/article/585851...w-for-shooting-incident-in-arundel-mills-mall

The president and general manager of WBAL is Dan Joerres djoerres@hearst.com

The news director is Jeff Wade. jrwade@hearst.com (Jeff took his email address off the website contact page because he doesn't like feedback. You have to dig to find it but I had it saved from before he decided that he wanted to isolate in a little bubble. Lucky!)

If you would like to ask Stewart Pittman why he made such inflamitory and deragatory statements you can reach out to his office here. spittman@aacounty.org

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    There is a difference between an accident and an incident. An accident is unavoidable. It is impossible for a firearm to accidentally fire. A fact 2A advocates preach to the liberal media daily. Only negligence of the firearm’s operator will cause it to discharge unintentionally. Yes, that individual should have their permit revoked. (Assuming they even have one.) Not forever, but allowed to reapply after retraining through the NRAs pistol course on the responsible use of a firearm. The MD class is crap “because” the anti 2A side won’t listen to a damn thing the 2A side recommends. WE WANT SAFETY TOO. It shouldn’t be this hard. You CAN have guns AND safety.

Sent from my iPhone using

You're assuming he was a legal firearms owner/carrier. The pics from security show different.
    I guess the reporter got it wrong then or was told the wrong info by police? She states and this is verbatim: "the man invoved in this incident...police say he has not been arrested...not in custody...because no criminal intent was found"

If it were a person not legal to own/carry...Why wouldn't they be arrested (or did the reporter get it wrong?). (hence the assumption is this person was lawfully carrying)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    So, if I understand it correctly, this kid did a food court pop and walked out...Scott free and nobody can (or wants to) find him or cares who he is?

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Besides reckless endangerment? Unlawful discharge of a firearm perhaps, unlawful discharge of a firearm within city limits...perhaps?
    I wouldn’t be so quick to endorse criminal charges on others. Shit happens and karma is real.

Just very glad no one was hurt or worse.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    The news report doesn’t jive with your statement. They know who it is and don’t have charges they can charge him with.

This is a pet peeve of mine and I try to educate when the opportunity arises because it is so often misused.

Jive: (pretty sure we weren't looking to get down and boogie)
    1. a lively style of dance popular especially in the 1940s and 1950s, performed to swing music or rock and roll.
    2. a form of slang associated with black American jazz musicians.

Jibe: (this is the one you want)
    1. be in accord : AGREE — usually used with a story that doesn't jibe with the facts.

Gibe:
    1. to utter taunting words.
    2. to deride or tease with taunting words - boxers gibing each other before a fight.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    This is a pet peeve of mine and I try to educate when the opportunity arises because it is so often misused.

Jive: (pretty sure we weren't looking to get down and boogie)
    1. a lively style of dance popular especially in the 1940s and 1950s, performed to swing music or rock and roll.
    2. a form of slang associated with black American jazz musicians.

Jibe: (this is the one you want)
    1. be in accord : AGREE — usually used with a story that doesn't jibe with the facts.

Gibe:
    1. to utter taunting words.
    2. to deride or tease with taunting words - boxers gibing each other before a fight.

You jiving me sucka?

Jive talking

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    Perhaps I can help. I speak jive.

Attachments

• e55b7b4d-7386-455c-985b-18f6d1543811_screenshot.jpg
      e55b7b4d-7386-455c-985b-18f6d1543811_screenshot.jpg
      21.1 KB · Views: 53
    Oh it's a good bet that they are going to do everything they can do to nullify as much of the Supreme Court ruling as they can. Don't be surprised when they violate the ruling. I thoroughly expect them to make the process so cumbersome and so expensive that many people will no longer apply and when renewals come due for those who have already received their permit many will not apply for a renewal. I can thoroughly see them requiring the training annually but limiting the cost to around $35 per person so that few if any trainers would actually hold the classes. Or make the training or even three times as long so that you would have to take time away from work to be able to attend. They're going to come up with a bunch of really creative ways to infringe upon your right to carry as much as they can. They will enact the same sorts of laws that the state of New York has forcing businesses to opt in to allowing carry on their private property and they will ban Terry on all sorts of public property. It's going to be a real excrement show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom