• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If it was a cop. That would be in news article. ND/AD by officers automatically generate notifications and OIA investigations. Unless it's mechanical failure the officer would be charged administratively and would likely loose a lot of leave in lieu of a monetary fine.
    You missed the sarcasm.

LoneWolf123

MDS Supporter
    Jul 17, 2022
    Maryland
    If this dude had a HGP I say….

He’s has some explaining to do

Followed by:

One accidental discharge….

How many folks were shot in Baltimore in the last 48 hours by actual criminals?

———————-

If my understanding is correct of this situation AND the dude has a HGP, there is a valuable lesson to be taught here.

If you do an office pop; make sure you stick around, and man up to the mistake.

————————

Maybe I missed it in the thread but I am going to assume, until otherwise proven wrong, the guy wasn’t legally carrying due to the fact he left, has not been identified, or contacted the police to explain.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    What I was saying is shouldnt the gun be safe in some type of holster? Carrying in a holster and not handling it then how the heck did it fire? Must have been loose in their pocket and chambered and no safety on if it shot. Was it in his pocket loose and he dug down in his pocket or whatever. Sure would like to know the circumstances for sure

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    Assuming the guy was legally carrying...

One: He should NOT lose his right to carry. Rights matter and should not be easily removed.

Two: He does need to be held liable. Probably financially. Poor bastard is gonna lose a lot of money.

Three: I sadly expect to see more of this. Maryland does not have a strong gun culture and a lot of new permit holders have very limited experience with firearms.

Four: I wouldn't be surprised if we see problems related to gear. Weak belts. Nylon holsters. Dropped guns may become fairly commonplace until folks general knowledge levels up.

Five: I'd sure like to hear that trainers are doing useful training and not just checking boxes. Equipment is really important. Safe handling is important. Just plain familiarity with a chosen weapon is important. And a strong push for practice in safe environments is important. 25 rounds at a target? Probably less important.

After a few months, maybe a year or two, I expect that things will normalize, and folks will learn to respect and properly handle their sidearms. There will be growing pains. Hopefully no one gets hurt too badly.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Please People , for your own sakes . be safe and reasonably proficient , with useful skills and important knowledge you seek from competent instructors of your choosing , or knowledgeable mentors .

Please use safe , and reasonably suitable gear , that is available in all price ranges , and doesn't have to be Gucci gear , or the latest internet fad .

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So, one nitwit negligently discharges a gun and now all lawful citizens should be banned from carrying? How about we ban all politicians from talking because one said something stupid.
    The difference is that MOST politicians say something stupid

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Stew

Latest threads

Top Bottom