• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    I guess the reporter got it wrong then or was told the wrong info by police? She states and this is verbatim: "the man invoved in this incident...police say he has not been arrested...not in custody...because no criminal intent was found"

If it were a person not legal to own/carry...Why wouldn't they be arrested (or did the reporter get it wrong?). (hence the assumption is this person was lawfully carrying)
    I will default to "the reporter was wrong".

Over the past few years that hasn't let me down much. Journalism is dead. News just quotes people they like anymore. They don't do any actual journalism. Or fact checking.

And criminal intent is not required for charges here. The Marine who got nabbed for carrying with a permit in Baltimore City didn't have criminal intent. In fact he had intent to STOP a criminal. He is facing a multi count inditement right now.

Alec Baldwin didn't have any criminal intent. He killed a woman through gross negligence. Didn't mean to. Still did it. If he wasn't Alec Baldwin he'd already be in jail and everyone knows it.

I'm not saying this kid should be charged. I wasn't there. I have no idea what happened. I don't know if he has a permit. I don't know if it was his fault (but I'd be shocked if it wasn't). So I am not pressing for charges.

What I am saying is that this was in Maryland. Like the 4th most gun hating state in the Union. Gun laws and prosecutions are absurd in Maryland. Maryland seems to exist to villify the honest masses.

So when there is a a shot fired in a crowd and police, county, and state all seem to be brushing the facts under the rug and are just making political statements.... I start asking more questions. Because none of this seems normal.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County

Over the past few years that hasn't let me down much. Journalism is dead. News just quotes people they like anymore. They don't do any actual journalism. Or fact checking.

And criminal intent is not required for charges here. The Marine who got nabbed for carrying with a permit in Baltimore City didn't have criminal intent. In fact he had intent to STOP a criminal. He is facing a multi count inditement right now.

Alec Baldwin didn't have any criminal intent. He killed a woman through gross negligence. Didn't mean to. Still did it. If he wasn't Alec Baldwin he'd already be in jail and everyone knows it.

I'm not saying this kid should be charged. I wasn't there. I have no idea what happened. I don't know if he has a permit. I don't know if it was his fault (but I'd be shocked if it wasn't). So I am not pressing for charges.

What I am saying is that this was in Maryland. Like the 4th most gun hating state in the Union. Gun laws and prosecutions are absurd in Maryland. Maryland seems to exist to villify the honest masses.

So when there is a a shot fired in a crowd and police, county, and state all seem to be brushing the facts under the rug and are just making political statements.... I start asking more questions. Because none of this seems normal.

Agree 100%...worth repeating.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

Sum Ting Wong approves of this post.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    New photo of who the police are looking for for the negligent discharge. Not the same as the pictures posted earlier
    99FD784F-FFA5-40EC-9E16-AD3C8F559DBF.jpeg

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    Looks like those initial (non-AACO PD) pics may have been incorrectly attributed, wherever they had been before they were found and posted here.

Just by chance, I was reading an article that was posted on Sep28, and it has those same four photos:

According to the attribution in that article, and some quick internet checking, the four side-by-side pictures of a kid at the mall entrance seem to be of the 20 year-old killer from the 2016 shooting at the Cascade Mall in Burlington, WA.

*Edited first line, for clarity

Last edited:

Spaceballs

Sep 7, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    New photo of who the police are looking for for the negligent discharge. Not the same as the pictures posted earlier View attachment 382549
    What this tells us is that the police don't have an identity of the shooter yet. If they did they would say "Someone tell Joe Smith we are looking for him" rather than "Any of y'all know this dude?"

That means the police and Stewart Pittman have no idea if this guy has a carry permit or if he was illegally carrying the gun.

And Pittman didn't hesitate for a second to make political statements about it with half ass facts.

Politicians should be immediately disqualified from office for this crap.

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    I wouldn’t be so quick to endorse criminal charges on others. Shit happens and karma is real.

Just very glad no one was hurt or worse.
    Ummm... where in my post am I endorsing anything as opposed to providing a possible answer to the poster in post #8? But...your well reasoned and thoughtful response is, as always, appreciated.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    If they find him they should make him take a double 16 hour firearm safety class, with the instructor that was the only one in the class that knew how to handle a pistol, just before he popped one off. That way they can compare notes.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Ummm... where in my post am I endorsing anything as opposed to providing a possible answer to the poster in post #8? But...your well reasoned and thoughtful response is, as always, appreciated.
    Not pointing fingers at anyone, just saying I’m not perfect and have made mistakes myself. Acknowledging stuff happens and learning from our mistakes is how we avoid repeating them, myself included.

safegunners

Aug 21, 2016
    Smithsburg MD
    I love how the news media is already jumping to conclusions about wear and carry permits causing incidents like this. My suspicions is that the suspect does not have a permit ... (I may be wrong).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom