• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What type of tree stand(s) and blinds do you use?

• Ladder stand(can be a home made)

Votes: 71 61.2%
    • Lock-on stands

Votes: 16 13.8%
    • Elevated box blinds

Votes: 24 20.7%
    • Ground blinds(home made, hub blinds, box, etc)

Votes: 50 43.1%
    • Climbing stands

Votes: 53 45.7%
    • Daughter's bedroom window

Votes: 15 12.9%
    • Other

Votes: 17 14.7%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I've used the mirrored Ghostblind in the past. Works far better for firearms than for archery. Mine may have a broadhead-shaped hole along the top margin of one of the recesses to attest to that.

Last edited:

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Mountain and hills hunter here. Ladder stands and ground blind on an elavated spot. Next to or on top of the big round hay bales. I always wanted to get one of those round hay bale blinds also.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    I hunt mostly out of hang on and ladder stands My most comfortable ladder stand is a 2 man Hawk Denali I got at Cabela's several years ago.
    I also hit other because I've killed 3 deer shooting out of the barn window.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Once upon a time my uncle and I used to do 2 man drives and chase deer down on foot, but that was a looong time ago lol

I use to hunt out of a tree lounge climber, best stand I ever had, some shyt stole it and my legs are bad now

I have a great ladder stand in a great spot but I probably can’t get there or up there

So

The boys just made me a ground blind on top of the hill above my ladder stand and they cleared a path to it so I will try that this year

We shall see

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Everyone gets mad when I call them strap-on stands for some reason....

I mean, mine don't lock on. They strap on. Just sayin.... :lol2:

I hunt exclusively from strap-ons.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Need to add "Bar" Beer obviously not poured until guns are empty.

Attachments

• tempImagebd3ydV.png
      tempImagebd3ydV.png
      758.7 KB · Views: 31

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    For the first 30 years of my hunting life, I mostly hunted from hang-ons and ladders with the occasional climber and ground tent.

The last decade or so, I've mostly hunted from the ground, open air, back to a tree, uprooted tree roots, ditch bank, etc. One highlight was killing 3 deer in 2 years with a handgun sitting amongst the branches of a fallen tree, knocked down by superstorm Sandy many years ago.

jmiller320

Ultimate Member
    Aug 7, 2008
    Havre de Grace
    When I used to hunt, I used screw in steps and a strap on platform. I liked to get up about 30 feet in a tree. When I hunted the farm in Bedford County PA we built stands using 16 foot 4X4's with a 4X4 platform mounted on top and a homemade 2X4 ladder. Some were built for bowhunting with shorter rails and the ones for rifle had higher railings.

Pale Ryder

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Millersville
    Only from the ground. Whether that is just a seat on the ground, a natural blind, or pop up, depends on the AO. Not afraid of heights just never tried a tree stand. Most, 99% of my hunting takes place on public land, so I like to stay mobile. Mid day I might decide to hunt a different area 1/4-1/2 mile away or still hunt.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    For the climber API grand stand magnum for 24 years but shot shoulder have had me in ladders for the last couple seasons. Millennium is my favorite on of those

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I started saddle hunting a couple years ago and now use that method the majority of the time. I do have a couple double ladder stands up that I will jump in if I am short on time or taking my youngest son.
    I forgot about saddles, as well as a couple other methods. Glad I added "Other" to the poll. :)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ladder stands in WV.

At my house either a ground blind or my back deck. I prefer the back deck over the ground blind lol.
    I used to use a climber, a ladder stand, and the deck in my mother's back yard in Olney. :thumbsup:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For the climber API grand stand magnum for 24 years but shot shoulder have had me in ladders for the last couple seasons. Millennium is my favorite on of those
    I used an API for years. Best climber ever. It was made special by them for Cabella's. It's actually still around. I'm using a Sniper now. It is about 10 lbs lighter than my API was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom