• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    AR with pistol brace and 7.5" barrel in 300BO, subsonic, suppressed.
    Red dot or Eotech sight.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    No need, I have the .22 tubed SMLE with an '07 sword bayonet if i need "Quiet". (19 dB firing signature, I checked)!

If the apparition of my bald headed, fat arse charging you clad only in a Budgie Smuggler led by this don't make you "flee in terror" you're too dumb to survive anyway.:eek:
    That looks like a weapon of war! Ladies, Gentleman, (and variations there upon) of the jury, clearly the defendant, "BFMIN the Bloodthirsty," had been training to KILL!!!! with military equipment!

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Yeah, well better hung for a sheep than a lamb I guess.
    "OBJECTION! Prejudicial Characterizing of the accused"!
    He was using a weapon cosmetically similar to a Weapon of war, but tell me, Councillor. Which military fielded the alleged "weapon of war" in .22 Rimfire? Please ennumerate. Was the smaller, quieter, less powerful & restricted entirely for training, version with its 1/5th" diameter breech, chamber & bore capable of taking the much larger bottleneck design, or was it not?

"BFMIN the Bloodthirsty,, I may well nick that for future forum handles though.

Last edited:

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I owned a Rossi .357 lever gun. Several problems with it. If the .38 Special rounds were too short, it would double feed. It would not cycle any JHPs.

With what you've listed. another AR in 9mm would make for a decent house gun. Subsonic rounds are really quiet out of a 16" barrel, like .22 LR quiet. You've got the capacity and the manual of arms down, too.

Keltecs are not hard use rifles, they're just handy if you have pistol mags that fit the magazine release in the grip.

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    "I owned a Rossi .357 lever gun. Several problems with it. If the .38 Special rounds were too short, it would double feed. It would not cycle any JHPs."
    That specifically would be my concern.
    A defensive rifle must be, above any ocher considerable standard ,UTTERLY reliable.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Yeah, well better hung for a sheep than a lamb I guess.
    "OBJECTION! Prejudicial Characterizing of the accused"!
    He was using a weapon cosmetically similar to a Weapon of war, but tell me, Councillor. Which military fielded the alleged "weapon of war" in .22 Rimfire? Please ennumerate. Was the smaller, quieter, less powerful & restricted entirely for training, version with its 1/5th" diameter breech, chamber & bore capable of taking the much larger bottleneck design, or was it not?

"BFMIN the Bloodthirsty,, I may well nick that for future forum handles though.
    As long as you NEVER explain or show pics of a “Budgie Smuggler”. I’m certain I don’t want to know for sure.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Plus if decibel is a concern, the Witt Machine Sound Mitigation Equipment does not require a tax stamp and is found to be quite effective.

This is interesting. Might get one just to see how well it works

Cool_Moo5e

Sep 4, 2023
    Harford
    223/556 AR15 with the 16" barrel and a flashlight, low recoil, more rounds ready to go and you don't have to think about anything but acquiring the target and shooting, is it loud? yes, but that should be the alarm for your neighbors to call 911 so you can keep defending yourself if there is more than 1.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    There’s a lot of things about a firearm you may not notice in a fight for your life. Trigger, weight or even moa. There are some things though that will help give you an edge. If you can afford it use a suppressor on your house gun. One shot and done an open muzzle AR in the house won’t be the worse thing that could’ve happened but if it ends up being a few spaced out shots the can is going to make a big difference. It also helps calm down recoil , not as much as a good brake but you definitely don’t want a brake on a house gun. My wife’s 9mm pistol shoots subs with a can. She is not a shooter by any means so a shootable , comfortable gun she could practice with without getting rattled is huge.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    "I owned a Rossi .357 lever gun. Several problems with it. If the .38 Special rounds were too short, it would double feed. It would not cycle any JHPs."
    That specifically would be my concern.
    A defensive rifle must be, above any ocher considerable standard ,UTTERLY reliable.
    Yes, theres's a reason they're priced the way they are. Don't get me wrong, with ammunition they like they will run all day. But I wouldn't use one for HD. I have yet to fire my Marlin .357 yet, but I'll test it out next year when I have more .38 Special ammo. Buuuuut, it was $1200.

And just for fun, there's a guy who made speed loaders for lever guns, they look and acted very similar to tube shotgun speedloaders without needing a special adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom