• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Del Ton Echo 316, new in box, $935.00 plus tax and MSP fee. One on the shelf, comes with a nice hard case.

Yup, you may find them a bit cheaper online, but that is before shipping and transfer fees.

I also have a S&W M&P 15 coming in with quad rails, but it is substantially more expensive.

Chevy9900

Mar 19, 2013
    I would tell you to look for a couple stripped lowers right now, get the paperwork done right now while Maryland makes up its mind on what they are going to do. I can't say that I would spend even 900 on a del-ton that's more like a $600 rifle. If you buy the lowers now either keep an eye out for palmetto state armory or the seekins lowers then you can keep an eye out on the web for some spikes tactical uppers. The craziness will finally calm down at some point and as long as you have the lowers already registered here in MD then you are good to go. Look online for an FFL that is willing to do transfers without tearing you a new one then sit back in by July MSP may have your paperwork back.

R1Peacock

Jan 8, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    In early December the price for a Bushmaster, Rock River, Spikes Tactical, etc. stripped lower was $150-$200. In the weeks following December 14th the price soared to $600 on average with a few even approaching $1000 (totally crazy). In recent weeks the price has come down again and you can likely get one in the $200 range. I just checked GunBroker and there are several in that range. Most dealers will charge $30-$50 for the transfer. It's easy to do it that way....

If you truly want a custom AR-15 I would build it yourself. Once you have the lower you can start looking at barrel configurations, stocks - along with which handguard you like. From there move on to sights and optics. In the end you can get a better rifle made doing it yourself. Most likely saving $$$$$ in the end as well.

RP

vballbach

Jan 16, 2013
    Odenton, MD
    Thanks for all the advices on here, I have decided to build my own. Waiting on the paper work for a strpipped lower paid $100 more than what it is going for right now. But hey, it wasn't some cheap'o brand.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Not a bad choice, and was fun for more to put together. I have under $1k in it and have had 0 problems. I'm using a PSA upper and lower, and Joebob's BCG for the main parts.

twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    I realize this is the worst possible time to try to build/buy an ar15, and to be honest, I never really had a desire to own one until the liberals decided to try to infringe on that freedom.

That being said, I'd like to purchase one before I no longer can legally. Even though I know very little about it, I'm leaning toward building one myself rather than buying. It seems more fun, and I figure that way I'll learn a lot more about it as I go.

Does anyone know what I could realistically look to spend in today's climate for decent quality parts to build it myself?

I'm also thinking of backordering a stripped lower now (since any available ones seem to be double or triple normal pricing), and while I'm waiting for the backorder to be filled I could gradually acquire all the other components. If I understand the proposed laws correctly, as long as I've got it ordered before 10/1/13, I should be ok.

Any and all advice on building my own would be greatly appreciated - whether it's links on this forum or elsewhere. Thanks!

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I realize this is the worst possible time to try to build/buy an ar15, and to be honest, I never really had a desire to own one until the liberals decided to try to infringe on that freedom.

That being said, I'd like to purchase one before I no longer can legally. Even though I know very little about it, I'm leaning toward building one myself rather than buying. It seems more fun, and I figure that way I'll learn a lot more about it as I go.

Does anyone know what I could realistically look to spend in today's climate for decent quality parts to build it myself?

I'm also thinking of backordering a stripped lower now (since any available ones seem to be double or triple normal pricing), and while I'm waiting for the backorder to be filled I could gradually acquire all the other components. If I understand the proposed laws correctly, as long as I've got it ordered before 10/1/13, I should be ok.

Any and all advice on building my own would be greatly appreciated - whether it's links on this forum or elsewhere. Thanks!

I was at Freedom Armory today to do some shooting and they had around eight M&P-15 Tactical on the wall that looked like they were for sale. I do not know what they were priced but a month ago they were $1600.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    On Target had two AR's when I was in there last Wed. Couldn't see the price on them tho.

twowheelsforever

Jun 18, 2009
    Thanks for the replies on places with with AR's in stock. I think I'm pretty committed to building one myself (unless someone wants to talk me out of it), so I'm primarily looking for info on the best way to build one under the current conditions.

Thanks again.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    I have managed to piece together an AR with a Seekins lower, PSA upper and BCG from JoeBobOutfitters for right at $1200 (includes Magpul furniture and a Diamond rear sight). Just keep scanning the threads here for equipment as it pops up. Also, the HBAR that Engage is building (someone referenced it earlier in the thread) is pretty badass, and I ordered one after building my own AR.

SnuffyJD

Feb 15, 2013
    Catonsville
    Accurate still has a few, just picked up a Troy Carbine from them today. On Target had a few by PSA hanging on the wall as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Mx121

Jan 26, 2013
    Severn
    Been watching gun broker on and off for the past two hours. Seems like most over $1,000 are not selling. Seeing a good amount going for under a 1,000. About time prices come back to reality.

bm3r

Mar 25, 2013
    Check out The Gun Shop on Eastern Avenue. Fair prices that arent gouged like another place near by.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom