• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Ee
    Can anyone steer me towards a shop where I can get an AR? obviously they are very hard to come by now but I'm hoping to buy one and not trying to get totally raped on the price. I've found some online for around $900.00 after transfers and all im looking at close to a 1k. Now these have short barrels upgraded but stocks, some even triggers. I honestly dont care though. I would be happy with the A2 style if the price is good or the more m4 style as long as its not a crazy price. Brand isn't very important to me just mil specs. If anyone knows where I can go let me know. I'd really like to spend under $800 but let me know. thanks

The only place I seen any come in was at Freedom Armory in Glen Rock PA

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Ee
    Can anyone steer me towards a shop where I can get an AR? obviously they are very hard to come by now but I'm hoping to buy one and not trying to get totally raped on the price. I've found some online for around $900.00 after transfers and all im looking at close to a 1k. Now these have short barrels upgraded but stocks, some even triggers. I honestly dont care though. I would be happy with the A2 style if the price is good or the more m4 style as long as its not a crazy price. Brand isn't very important to me just mil specs. If anyone knows where I can go let me know. I'd really like to spend under $800 but let me know. thanks

The only place I seen any come in was at Freedom Armory in Glen Rock PA. But they were M&P - 15's for $1600.

You should have jumped on the $900.00 AR's you found. You are dreaming at $800.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    yeah those prices are beyond retarded. I'm kind of hoping to wait and see if everything blows over and these potential gun bans go away and then buy one when the prices drop but if they go through I am going to be kicking myself in the ass. I've thought about building my own and I've found complete lowers that are polymer for around $250 but then the uppers are like $500-750. I dont want a polymer lower I want metal. I'd rather have a good old fashion A2. Iron sights. old school butt stock.

a stripped lower for 300 is just stupid. Obviously prices have gone wild with the potential ban. I was just wondering if someone had an old school A2 style as they usually sell much cheaper

Don't hold your breath

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Gunbroker. Set a max price and be patient. It may take a month, but you will get one.

At the height of the scare I scored a Stag 2 for 1200 bucks. Look for the ads below the featured section. Find one with no picture, no fanfare, etc. People tend to ignore those.

The problem is, you may end up winning two guns, if you bid on more than one at a time. The Stag mentioned above was actually never purchased, I negotiated with the seller to re-list it to get more money. I paid his listing fee and we both walked away happy. :o

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    i picked up a Del-ton at Freedom Armory a few weeks ago for $1200. cheapest i found that i didn't have to build myself. if you do some shopping around you can find the parts to build one at your target price (probably) but you still have to wait for your BGC to take delivery of the stripped lower. i have seen AR's on the shelves at the following places
    Freedom Armory
    Freestate gun range
    Gun Connection
    Mallin's Rod and Gun supply
    prices range from $1199 to $2700 (and up for tricked out units)

fatalsports

Mar 4, 2012
    I was lucky enough to pick up one of the Colt 6920s at Bass Pro for $1299 + Tax...now just waiting the 4-5 weeks.

I'm not a huge fan of non-handgun caliber carbines...just because I shoot at On Target mostly and can't use anything else there.

I'd possibly sell the 6920 once it's in my hands for what I paid if I decided not to keep it.

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32

Check Gun Broker, ARs prices are beginning to decline. The S&W M&P 300 Whisper is going around $1,150, which is retail price, but hard to find ammo.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331726847
    Seller SportsmansSupply from Butler, PA has many ARs selling 10 to 15% over retail.
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331360628
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=331581453
    Remember - If gun comes with 30rd magazine, not to worry, you are buying the gun and will not receive the magazine. Ask seller not to ship magazine or change if option available, or your FFL will remove magazine, and ONLY give you the gun.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    for 1400 you should get it...its impossible to find it. and get one before the MD state legislation bans it, then it doesn t matter if you can buy it for a dollar...

mgaither0

Mar 10, 2013
    Let me reiterate. Just build your own.

I think this is the way I'm going to go now. Just trying to see if anyone has a lower in stock. Either stripped or complete or semi complete. Depends on the price but looking for a lower. How much are the fees usually?

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Keep an eye on The Depot forum and the "In Stock Lower Receiver thread" on arfcom. If there's a lower in stock, it'll be posted there. For a forged aluminum lower, you're looking at $120 on the lower end up to $200+. Poly should be $100 or less but you get what you pay for. Transfer fees should be between $50 and $75.

All in all, you're looking at between $200 and $275 after fees.

Btre

Sep 8, 2012
    Finding an AR isn't terribly hard to find - you have have checking the different gun stores in the area - friend of mine p/u an AR about a week ago at 2a sales in Jessup - you just have to be lucky enough to be there at the right time - based on current market conditions there price was very fair

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Yeah Gun Connection seems to always have at least one whenever I go.

Gun shop had 2 complete lowers when I went a few days ago.

Freestate on rt.43 actually had like 5 or 6 AR's, mostly Bushmasters, one NFA and some other one that was on consignment. This was last Sunday though and I don't remember the prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom