• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mgaither0

Mar 10, 2013
    Can anyone steer me towards a shop where I can get an AR? obviously they are very hard to come by now but I'm hoping to buy one and not trying to get totally raped on the price. I've found some online for around $900.00 after transfers and all im looking at close to a 1k. Now these have short barrels upgraded but stocks, some even triggers. I honestly dont care though. I would be happy with the A2 style if the price is good or the more m4 style as long as its not a crazy price. Brand isn't very important to me just mil specs. If anyone knows where I can go let me know. I'd really like to spend under $800 but let me know. thanks

Echo

Troublemaker
    Oct 31, 2012
    Annapolis
    I think the best you'll do right now is $1400 -/+$200. The classifieds here have some for around that price.

elmerjr128

Mar 15, 2011
    Just build your own. I'm in the process of building one with a Seekins lower and a BCM upper and total cost is right around $1k.

You could easily spend less than $800 using lesser parts.

Mt. Airy IWLA

Mar 29, 2011
    Westminster
    Was at Southern MD Friend of NRA Banquet last weekend and they auctioned off two AR's. One was a DPMS that sold for $2,000 and the other was a Smith M&P tactical that sold for $2,300. Stripped polymer lowers were selling for $300. I realize the purpose of these auctions is to raise money for youth shooting sports, but those prices are crazy!

mgaither0

Mar 10, 2013
    Was at Southern MD Friend of NRA Banquet last weekend and they auctioned off two AR's. One was a DPMS that sold for $2,000 and the other was a Smith M&P tactical that sold for $2,300. Stripped polymer lowers were selling for $300. I realize the purpose of these auctions is to raise money for youth shooting sports, but those prices are crazy!

yeah those prices are beyond retarded. I'm kind of hoping to wait and see if everything blows over and these potential gun bans go away and then buy one when the prices drop but if they go through I am going to be kicking myself in the ass. I've thought about building my own and I've found complete lowers that are polymer for around $250 but then the uppers are like $500-750. I dont want a polymer lower I want metal. I'd rather have a good old fashion A2. Iron sights. old school butt stock.

a stripped lower for 300 is just stupid. Obviously prices have gone wild with the potential ban. I was just wondering if someone had an old school A2 style as they usually sell much cheaper

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I was at the Philadelphia gun show March 9 and there was one vendor selling NIB Colt LE6920's for $1500. He still had about 8 on hand when I wandered by at 11:30. He said he started the day with about 15-20, and that other vendors bought several of them to resell. This was at least $500 less than what I think I saw 6920's going for at the Nation's Gun Show in Chantilly what, a month-and-a-half ago? Maybe prices have peaked since the federal outlook is becoming a little more clear. 30 round PMags in Philly were running around $30, which was down from around $40 in Chantilly.

mgaither0

Mar 10, 2013
    yeah i was kind of thinking the same thing. I've been pricing online for about 4 weeks now and been seeing a drop in prices also. Still can't find any ammo anywhere and when u can its like $2 a round for anything. Total BS!

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Hafers near Hagerstown had 3 or 4 ARs the other day...prices from $1500-$2500. There is a place in western Md called Kerr Bros guns who had ATI polymer stripped lowers for $95.00. Owners name is Jeff...super great guy to deal with.

cyclrcr

Pronounced as cycleracer
    Oct 24, 2008
    Joppa
    The gun store in Essex had two dpms's for 850, but I think one guy that was there was toying with getting the one. Don't know if the other is available still.

uneven

Front and Center
    Dec 21, 2012
    Im selling a near complete one and a lot of ammo for it in classifieds for cheap if that helps. For a finished one in shop, 1600+ seems to be the cheapest.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    If you are looking for a mythical HBAR (Cash & Carry), you're probably in the $2,200 and up range.

If you play the BassPro lottery, you might be able to pick up a Bushmaster for $989 in a week or in one, two or three months (or maybe never).

If you check out that funky link entitled "Search" you may even find an IP or 2 with AR's in stock. (Hint Shooter's Discount had some a week or so ago).

mgaither0

Mar 10, 2013
    I can definitely get them online for $900 plus transfers so I would hope some of the local guys would have something around this price if not better an I could do a local buy. You said shooters discount had some? I've bought from them before. bought my sig 226 from him so I would definitely buy there again. I'm not familiar with the gun store in Essex? is that the actual name? If anyone else has any leads for me let me know.

Feb 28, 2013
    It's called The Gun Shop. It's on Eastern Ave, westbound side just before 702. They're are a member here, under the "Industry Partners" section.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I can definitely get them online for $900 plus transfers so I would hope some of the local guys would have something around this price if not better an I could do a local buy. You said shooters discount had some? I've bought from them before. bought my sig 226 from him so I would definitely buy there again. I'm not familiar with the gun store in Essex? is that the actual name? If anyone else has any leads for me let me know.

There are plenty of places advertising ARs at that price it doesn't mean you will get one. If you throw one in your shopping cart likely it will say something like, "On Order - we will notify you when they ship".

And then you wait.

The only other possibility is you stumble upon one, with dumb luck. It happens. Most retailers are keeping their prices within reason, but those who have highly sought after models like Colt, are asking a pretty penny for them. Honestly, I would do the same. It is what the market bears. No one is forcing you to buy anything at that price.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I kinda think if you need to buy and make sure you have by Oct.1
    GET MOVING.
    Perhaps you want an AK also?
    Just pay up and get the paperwork done.
    YOU ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics