• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gak

Apr 7, 2013
    Gun Connection on rt40 had 1 dpms ar 15 HBar as of 4/6. if its still there im not sure. They wanted 1000. for it.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    I dont see why anybody would want an AR assault rifle. You do not need those ultra high super capacity bullet clip magazine thingys. They are only intended to be fun and accurate to shoot and they are too good a firearm to be defending yourself, family and property with just to be seized if you actually have to use it.

I think what you need is more than one AR. The only thing better than one is many of the things you like and enjoy. :party29:

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Buy a lower now and then just wait for the kit prices to fall back down.

Bollinger Gunsmithing [a site sponsor] does cheap transfers [they are in Northern Carroll].

They also have lowers in stock for $200 out the door, which is not a terrible price these days.

$800 isn't going to happen unless you build it yourself. You can still find a good $1000 these days.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena

Bollinger Gunsmithing [a site sponsor] does cheap transfers [they are in Northern Carroll].

They also have lowers in stock for $200 out the door, which is not a terrible price these days.

$800 isn't going to happen unless you build it yourself. You can still find a good $1000 these days.

What is the make of the lowers?

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

I was thinking about Bollinger Gunsmithing the other day. I guess they will be hurting big time because 90% of what they do is building AR's.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Have a bad experience with them merlin? On another note though,From what i hear, the general consensus is they are quite over priced.

He is impressed with his gunsmith work that for sure. But don't get me wrong it seems that he does good work. A very nice guy. But he is like the person that has a house for sale and can't come to grips that their house is not worth as much as it once was.

But I never had any problems with him. Really never did business with him because his prices were no deal at all. I stopped by his farm where his shop is located and talk with him about what he did there. He seems to do good work from what I could tell from what he showed me.

He has an FFL but he can't sell any guns at a deal price because he does not have any buying power. Selling guns really isn't his thing and the distributors charge him allot.

But what I meant was, I assume this new SB-281 will hurt him because it seems when I talked to him that building AR's for people was 90% of his business. After October 1st (unless something either changes or is placed on hold for whatever reason), there will not be anyone in MD that he can build an AR for. Back when I talked to him you could not find any AR's anywhere. I have seen about 20 for sale since then for $1600 - $1900.

I can tell you that after the Sh$t hit the fan in Dec, I called to see what he would charge me to build an AR for me. I thought what his wife told me was very ridicules. She told me I would be charged $2500, but I had to give him the entire $2500 up front to get a place in line. Then I was told it may be 6 months to a year before they could get to it.

I think he is working without any capital at all and has no money to buy or place parts on order to build a gun. I can understand a deposit of some sort. Even a 50% deposit would be fair in this case. But to ask 100% of the $2500 price he wants to charge? Crazy.

I would not be surprised if he gets a hand full of people that paid 100% and the last few will on the list do not get their gun because he can't get parts of something, and then can't pay the money back or at least right away because he spent it on gun parts.

Maybe I'm completely wrong. But when I was told this business plan if I wanted an AR, it just did not past the sniff test to me. So I backed way up from it and now I really do not have any desire to go back for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom