• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Very well said! When I read their press release, I kept waiting for an actual apology, instead all we got was bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo. Probably because they're worried about a civil rights lawsuit, they never actually apologized or even assumed responsibility for the wrongful actions. What a crock!

JoeR

No one involved in this, no office responsible, is going to come anywhere close to admitting to having done something wrong. They know the potential for litigation over the horizon and are not going to compromise their prospects by saying something that could be construed as a confession of guilt.

This is also just Public Affairs 101.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Very well said! When I read their press release, I kept waiting for an actual apology, instead all we got was bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo. Probably because they're worried about a civil rights lawsuit, they never actually apologized or even assumed responsibility for the wrongful actions. What a crock!

JoeR

No one involved in this, no office responsible, is going to come anywhere close to admitting to having done something wrong. They know the potential for litigation over the horizon and are not going to compromise their prospects by saying something that could be construed as a confession of guilt.

Thanks, JoeR.

Sadly you're right, ComeGet.

I don't claim perfection myself. When I've messed up, I've ADMITTED IT, apologized for it, opened up my checkbook, and made it right. Anything short of that is chicken crap excuse-making.

Man up, admit your mistake, apologize for it, fix it, and go and sin no more.

It hurts, but it's supposed to, so you don't want to do it again.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Thanks, JoeR.

Sadly you're right, ComeGet.

I don't claim perfection myself. When I've messed up, I've ADMITTED IT, apologized for it, opened up my checkbook, and made it right. Anything short of that is chicken crap excuse-making.

Man up, admit your mistake, apologize for it, fix it, and go and sin no more.

It hurts, but it's supposed to, so you don't want to do it again.

Surely you jest. We're talking about the DemocRATs who put the MCP up to this.

And don't call me Shirley :cool:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    A couple more pics to round out the day.

DL reaching drivetime Baltimore on WCBM Talk Radio 680

Attachments

• 794C54E1-55DC-4339-AA39-D123861AB41C.jpg
      794C54E1-55DC-4339-AA39-D123861AB41C.jpg
      73.4 KB · Views: 447
    • 8678F9F2-6C9F-4A44-9EED-8E99412148F5.jpg
      8678F9F2-6C9F-4A44-9EED-8E99412148F5.jpg
      64.2 KB · Views: 449

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And now that I am current , the the pace momentarily slack :

Welcome Guests !

Many of you will have heard of the recent events , and are here to learn more . Feel free to read here on MD
    Shooters , and likewise the websites of other Maryland based groups such as MSI , MSRPA , 2A in Md , etc.

But any time you see someone with a sign , or Tee shirt , or hat , of Patriot Picket, or any of these other groups, just walk up , and talk with us . We're out and about to answer questions and have conversations. We are out there to converse with anyone wishing the best for Maryland , and willing to discuss.

Members of the media please quote us accurately, with a semblance of context .

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Good morning to all the guest and members, Bigfoot44 is right we are approachable and respectful. Please take time to study and learn about the rights we all are afforded , if this case bothers you in some way I ask you get involved or donate monies to the groups or orgs listed above .

Have a wonderful weekend and speak you mind it is your right .

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    If Saturday is your best day to “get active”, then you are in luck!

Again this morning (Saturday) February 10, State Senator Victor Ramirez (PG)—the unapologetic sponsor of the Bump Stock Ban and other 2A infringements—is staging a second Open House at the Bowie Panera Bread.

(Suspiciously, just minutes before DL and I were arrested...only one politician—Sen. Ramirez—detoured past our sign crew.)

The address is:

3931 Town Center Blvd
    Bowie MD. 20716

Make sure you use THIS address in your GPS because Bowie has two Panera’s

Who's in to join the Patriot Picket Welcome Wagon from 9:30am to 11:30am or any part thereof?

We have the signs, we just need you!

Now back to our regularly scheduled Jailbird Thread, already in progress...

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    States Attorney (or whomever serves this function in Annapolis) just saved the Capital Police and those that instructed them to make the arrest a lot of heartache in the court and media.

Hope this comes with an apology and a restatement from the DGS that peaceful protests that don't impede traffic are allowed on the sidewalk in front of Lawyer's Mall.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Just because the charges are dropped does not mean that civil rights were not violated or that a lawsuit still can't be brought. The dropping of the charges does nothing to save the city/state anything other than embarassment in front a judge if the charges had gone forward.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Note carefully that Miller's name is nowhere in that letter.

Read between the lines, gentlemen.

Because this came from the House Republican Caucus.....If the Senate Republican Caucus want to mention Miller, then they need to release a statement of their own.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    From Bryan's FB page

UPDATED

DGS Spox confirms charges to be dropped today.

Statement: "After a thorough review of all the evidence and supporting documentation, and after consulting with the Anne Arundel County States Attorney’s Office; the Maryland Capitol Police believes it is in the best interest of all parties involved not to pursue any criminal charges against Mr. Jeff Hulbert and Mr. Kevin Hulbert. Both defendants were charged on Monday, February 5, 2018. Today, MCP forwarded an official request to the states attorney’s office, asking that all the criminal charges in this case be dropped.

"The Maryland Capitol Police fully supports the 1st Amendment Rights of freedom of speech and the right to peacefully assemble. The department is committed to providing a safe environment for employees, visitors, and demonstrators that frequent state facilities, which is why the Maryland Capitol Police have the ability to determine times, locations, and venues in which these demonstrations may occur; particularly when it involves the safety of others. The Maryland Capitol Police work hard at facilitating an orderly environment that is safe and pleasant for all to express their 1st amendment rights.

The department will use this event to strengthen our community outreach training efforts and to further educate our officers and the general public, in order to clarify our "Demonstrating on Public Property" procedures so the policy is clear and understandable to the public for future demonstrations."

Does anyone else read this statement, and have the words "not disapproved" come to mind?

Same general mindset, same general arrogance.....

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    According to those in the know, this is far from over.

I would agree this is the case , if I was the one wrongfully arrested I would run it up the flagpole a bit more .

When your rights are stripped and stomped on like some vile representation I say discovery needs to be done on who ordered this debauchery and travesty of justice .

too late to say opps

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter

The act of writing the letter is an admission.

Here again, we need no admission...we've got video...the truth.

Truth trumps all. Video is irrevocable truth.

Truth drives accountability.

Given the circumstances and the truth as depicted by video, they need to abandon their PR tack. Man up. Own it. The longer they try to avoid and demur and deny and obfuscate, the uglier it is in court. That it's headed to court is not in doubt.

Neither is the outcome.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    ACLU has defended some pretty interesting people/groups, including NAMBLA.

I remember when the ACLU stepped up and defended a neo-Nazi group's 1A right to march in Skokie, Ill., a Chicago suburb with a large Jewish population.

Here is the ACLU position on the matter, in their own words:

https://www.aclu.org/other/aclu-history-taking-stand-free-speech-skokie

ACLU HISTORY: TAKING A STAND FOR FREE SPEECH IN SKOKIE

In 1978, the ACLU took a controversial stand for free speech by defending a neo-Nazi group that wanted to march through the Chicago suburb of Skokie, where many Holocaust survivors lived. The notoriety of the case caused some ACLU members to resign, but to many others the case has come to represent the ACLU's unwavering commitment to principle. In fact, many of the laws the ACLU cited to defend the group's right to free speech and assembly were the same laws it had invoked during the Civil Rights era, when Southern cities tried to shut down civil rights marches with similar claims about the violence and disruption the protests would cause. Although the ACLU prevailed in its free speech arguments, the neo-Nazi group never marched through Skokie, instead agreeing to stage a rally at Federal Plaza in downtown Chicago.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Surely you jest. We're talking about the DemocRATs who put the MCP up to this.

And don't call me Shirley :cool:

The act of writing the letter is an admission.

Here again, we need no admission...we've got video...the truth.

Truth trumps all. Video is irrevocable truth.

Truth drives accountability.

Given the circumstances and the truth as depicted by video, they need to abandon their PR tack. Man up. Own it. The longer they try to avoid and demur and deny and obfuscate, the uglier it is in court. That it's headed to court is not in doubt.

Neither is the outcome.
    h

I have grown weary over the years of not just hearing a continuous stream of non-apology apologies from wrongdoers, but also grown frustrated by the general failure of people on the receiving end to just accept them. Call them out for their shortcomings. Do not become complacent and allow the bar to be continually lowered. Push, push, push until true accountability is achieved.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom