• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

FMD

Just received this email response from Delegate Cluster:

[FMD],

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have been waiting to get a response from Department of General Services with their explanation and cause of the request to move.

I am a strong supporter of the first and second amendments and was very disturbed by the response I received from DGS explaining the cause of the arrest.

These gentleman have been protesting in the same location for the past 3 years without incident. It brings in to question why after the amount of time, suddenly it is not permitted.

I support the right to bear arms and the right and freedom of speech. If they decide to return on Monday night I will be standing beside them in support.

Thank you again for contacting me to voice your concern about this issue."

Sincerely
    Joe Cluster
    Delegate Joe Cluster
    Proudly representing
    the 8th Legislative District,
    Baltimore County
    410-841-3526
    Joe.Cluster@house.state.md.us

Another reminder for the 176 guests visiting this page right now...
    This has been going on for years and all of Maryland's politicians have been OK with it until this past Monday.
    This is a picture of Jeff Hulbert (arrested) and AG Brian Frosh c.2016. He is at the same spot, doing the same thing he did Monday night. What changed to warrant his arrest?

Attachments

• frosh pp.jpg
      frosh pp.jpg
      95.9 KB · Views: 471

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Just received this email response from Delegate Cluster:

[FMD],

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I have been waiting to get a response from Department of General Services with their explanation and cause of the request to move.

I am a strong supporter of the first and second amendments and was very disturbed by the response I received from DGS explaining the cause of the arrest.

These gentleman have been protesting in the same location for the past 3 years without incident. It brings in to question why after the amount of time, suddenly it is not permitted.

I support the right to bear arms and the right and freedom of speech. If they decide to return on Monday night I will be standing beside them in support.

Thank you again for contacting me to voice your concern about this issue."

Sincerely
    Joe Cluster
    Delegate Joe Cluster
    Proudly representing
    the 8th Legislative District,
    Baltimore County
    410-841-3526
    Joe.Cluster@house.state.md.us

It appears you and I are all over the 8th. :D

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    I sent a note to the ACLU of MD via FB and received this reply.

“None of us were there last night, so did not see this demonstration, but the arrests, and [Department of General Services] DGS’s statement, look like additional evidence that DGS has no idea what the First Amendment means,” said David Rocah, senior staff attorney for the ACLU of Maryland.

Replied: "FYI, The Patriot Pickets will be out in force on Monday 2/12/18 at 7PM."

Maybe they will have someone there to witness.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Do not lose track of the "worried about traffic and safety" excuse. This is paramount. To come in ex post facto from the arrest laying down this BS excuse, especially when it was never an issue in the past. To not be concerned about public safety from the start, reminding demonstrators about the issue, they just went with the "for your safety we are going to remove you from the scene" tactic.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    “None of us were there last night, so did not see this demonstration, but the arrests, and [Department of General Services] DGS’s statement, look like additional evidence that DGS has no idea what the First Amendment means,” said David Rocah, senior staff attorney for the ACLU of Maryland.

Well on Monday they're going to find out.

mickeyk9

Member Lives Matter
    Aug 18, 2011
    quantum spins
    I'm sorry that I have been so slow to catch up today with all of my favorite people here--people who don't walk away when I am in handcuffs, people who sit by that triple-locked door until I am let go, people who want to know if I'm all right, if I am in pain, if I need something, if I need a hug, or a beer, or both. I love you guys.

And I love you too, Mrs.Rab1515 and all you other great gals who are piling in on this quest to do something greater than ourselves.

We have a Monday coming up that is calling all of us, pulling at us, hovering over us and tugging at us to gather on some Bricks where no one should be on a chain like a dog because the heart wants freedom, liberty, and pursuit of happiness.

We have a Monday coming up like no other Monday. Are you in? I know you must be in, because last Monday my head was bowed and I only saw my shoes. Next Monday, my head will be up.... and I need to see you.

Are you in? My heart says you are, but do you know it yet?
    Can't access the water cooler to sign up, but I'm in. I heard about this on WCBM this morning and it's front page on their website.

I've been a member here for a long time, but lurked for most of that time and I've never been active on many of the issues due to my employment. But that changes today.

FMD

Email response from Sen. Kathy Klausmeier:

"Good morning [FMD],

Thanks for your email yesterday. I apologize for the delay in response. Yesterday was quite a busy day.

I understand your frustration, and the frustrations of Patriot Picket. They’ve been outside the State House for years, and at least from my understanding, there’s never been an issue. They couldn’t have been nicer when I interact with them.

No one should be arrested/cited for exercising their First Amendment rights. Monday night’s incident was troubling, and the matter is being looked into. I do not have any direct authority over the DGS Police, but I have asked them to keep me updated on any developments that occur in the case.

Thanks again, and keep in touch. If I can ever help you, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Senator Klausmeier"

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    For those wanting to make signs, I'm going to wait on our leadership to advise us on the best narrowly focused message we want to send. This will probably manifest itself by either a post from them or their carefully chosen signs for the event.

We don't want to dilute the message or send mixed messages. This is a 1A issue this time out.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Do not lose track of the "worried about traffic and safety" excuse. This is paramount. To come in ex post facto from the arrest laying down this BS excuse, especially when it was never an issue in the past. To not be concerned about public safety from the start, reminding demonstrators about the issue, they just went with the "for your safety we are going to remove you from the scene" tactic.

+1. ALL PARTIES INVOLVED need to face the consequences.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

And I'll add, not to mention while people were being arrested over a period of minutes, creating a much bigger potential driver "distraction," I didn't see anyone directing traffic or worried about it at all on the video.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Can't access the water cooler to sign up, but I'm in. I heard about this on WCBM this morning and it's front page on their website.

I've been a member here for a long time, but lurked for most of that time and I've never been active on many of the issues due to my employment. But that changes today.

Your on the list now.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    For those wanting to make signs, I'm going to wait on our leadership to advise us on the best narrowly focused message we want to send. This will probably manifest itself by either a post from them or their carefully chosen signs for the event.

We don't want to dilute the message or send mixed messages. This is a 1A issue this time out.

I will wait as well. I'm leaning towards: ANNAPOLIS FEARS FREE SPEECH
    But, I'll wait so we can be unified on 1A.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom