• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Should we obtain a permit for next Monday? Cuz when all of us show up, the sidewalk will surely be blocked, & I'm willing to bet the PD will be out in force as well.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Gov. office called me back , said the two persons arrested were blocking/impeding sidewalk traffic . He said Gov. Hogan knew nothing about it .

# 410-974-3006 is the number to call

Too bad the video says otherwise......

Gov. office called me back , said the two persons arrested were blocking/impeding sidewalk traffic . He said Gov. Hogan knew nothing about it .

Unless the officer saw with his own eyes or witnesses are willing to testify under oath that those arrested were not allowing people to pass on the sidewalk it was an illegal arrest. You guys need people with cameras videoing your protests from start to finish...

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    From Delegate Bromwell's office:

Hello [redacted] and thank you for the email. We were made aware of this situation through some social media posts last night. While I am still waiting to get the full story, apparently the issue has something to do with the sidewalks being blocked by some members of the protest. I am not condoning their arrest in any way, simply relaying the information that was thus far garnered from the situation. We will continue to keep a close eye on the situation and try to figure out exactly what the charges were.

Obviously, the right to freedom of speech is at the cornerstone of American democracy, no matter what one’s political affiliation. Any time there is a possibility that this right was infringed upon, it is a serious matter. Thank you for voicing your concerns and please stay tuned as I am sure that there will be more information on this incident as the day proceeds. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance to you in any way.

Brian Powell

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

Who called and complained?
    Does anyone have the scanner feed archive to see how the call was dispatched?
    I cant get the capital police on broadcastify.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I told the Governor's spokesman that he needed to let the Gov. know what happened and to watch the video . Also Hogan needed to step up to the plate and condemn the actions to reduce our first amendment rights .

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I think that we should be emphasizing the fact that the police told them to move off of the sidewalk and to move onto the grounds of the statehouse. The PP were in an unwinnable situation. Stay on the sidewalk and get arrested or follow the instructions of the police and face arrest for not having a permit. These guy didn't have an alternative. Follow the police instruction and face arrest or stay at their present location and also face arrest.

I've already sent an email to Kathy Szlega. I'm sure she will return my email or call me. I know she's a friend of the PP and she will do what she can.
    I am also going to send the same email to Andy Harris, he should get riled up over this happening too.
    Just spoke with Justin Ready's office and told them about the above bolded

If you have not already seen it, go to Bryan P. Sears' Facebook page. There are photos and video of the incident, and there is a video of Senator Michael Hough and Mike Miller talking about the matter. Kudos to Hough.

To say I am not happy, would be an understatement. If Hogan does not come up with a response to this matter, I will have to abstain from voting in the next Governor election should he be running. Cannot let something like this slide at the voting booth.
    Cast a vote for Estes Kefauver. Or Eugene Debs

Bull and every one knows it. Political hit.
    100% right.

I am working now to re-arrange my schedule to be there Monday night.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Unless the officer saw with his own eyes or witnesses are willing to testify under oath that those arrested were not allowing people to pass on the sidewalk it was an illegal arrest. You guys need people with cameras videoing your protests from start to finish...

Are you volunteering?

Dan_G

Feb 20, 2013
    Frederick ,MD
    I got a reply from my delegate
    edb4abf7c371e63be6983002d3dc7852.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

I would have asked what is he going to do about it now that he finally knows?

markgrutz

Feb 1, 2011
    Ellicott City, MD
    Miller denied any knowledge of or involvement in the arrests, telling reporters, “I don’t know a thing about it, honestly and truly.”

I caught this in a post the Mr.Ed put up way back, but hasn't it been fairly well documented in human lie detecting that when someone ends their statement with "honestly" and "truly" that is a good indicator that the speaker is trying to convince people that the LIE they are telling is really the truth? Obviously I don't know the science, and I may be wrong, but I see a handful of articles that seem to confirm this theory. So perhaps he does know exactly where the order came from, his office?!?

I am going to try to get out of work next Monday and be there, but I can't promise that yet.

Mark

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I would have asked what is he going to do about it now that he finally knows?

The spokesperson told me he would inform the Gov. I did Thank Him for calling me back .
    Without skipping a beat he told me no political person put the police up to the arrest .
    I ask him how would he know ?

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Who said that they should all be arrested? That would be a great fire mission to go onto their FB. After all, Democrats set the precedent that Hogan can't delete from his FB.

I was there for it. Was truly an assault on rights granted by our constitution.

I called the governor to complain about trampling of first amendment rights. You can too. His phone number is 410-974-3901.

While I was telling his aide about our now infringed first amendment right to peaceably assemble in public spaces, I asked him to extend a cordial invitation to Mr. Hogan to make the 150 foot walk from the governor's mansion to the public sidewalk adjacent to lawyers mall next Monday night at 7 pm to join us for the next Patriot Picket!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The spokesperson told me he would inform the Gov. I did Thank Him for calling me back .
    Without skipping a beat he told me no political person put the police up to the arrest .
    I ask him how would he know ?

Right?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads