• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    I have contacted Fox45 and FoxNews with information and requesting that they cover this story. Fox45 is having a meeting where I am told this will be considered for coverage.

My physical disabilities make it very difficult for me to participate in the demonstrations but my heart is there with the demonstrators for they speak for me, too.

The gentlemen that were illegally detained would appear to have an excellent case for a lawsuit and should also seek damages for personal injury because the cops used the cuffs in a way they would cause injury!

Although I cannot picket, I can raise hell on the computer and telephone. I will be ringing some phones today!

Thank you. I realize that not everyone can get out to picket, but if you pull your 2A weight by writing the legiscritters, that is useful too!

light12pdr

MDS Supporter
    Nov 6, 2015
    From the ACLU pdf on free speech at
    https://www.aclu.org/sites/default/files/field_pdf_file/kyr_protests.pdf

"Do I have a right to picket on public sidewalks? Yes, and this is also an activity for which a permit is not required. However, picketing must be done in an orderly, non-disruptive fashion so that pedestrians can pass by and entrances to buildings are not blocked."

Clearly, they were orderly and non disruptive. I didn't any pedestrians having a problem passing by, and certainly there were no entrances blocked.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Respectfully, do you think the governor gets notified of every arrest on state house grounds?

No, but it is hard to miss 6 cop cars with sirens screeching to a halt 100 feet from your house!

I called him and invited him to lawyers mall at 7pm next Monday.

FMD

Just received this response from Delegate Eric Bromwell's office. After reading back through the thread it's the same response Boondock Saint received.

"Hello [FMD] and thank you for the email. We were made aware of this situation through some social media posts last night. While I am still waiting to get the full story, apparently the issue has something to do with the sidewalks being blocked by some members of the protest. I am not condoning their arrest in any way, simply relaying the information that was thus far garnered from the situation. We will continue to keep a close eye on the situation and try to figure out exactly what the charges were.

Obviously, the right to freedom of speech is at the cornerstone of American democracy, no matter what one’s political affiliation. Any time there is a possibility that this right was infringed upon, it is a serious matter. Thank you for voicing your concerns and please stay tuned as I am sure that there will be more information on this incident as the day proceeds. Please let me know if we can ever be of assistance to you in any way."

Brian Powell

Delegate Eric M. Bromwell
    Vice-Chairman
    Health and Government Operations Committee
    6 Bladen Street, Room 241
    Annapolis, MD 21401
    (410) 841.3766

Last edited:

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Should we obtain a permit for next Monday? Cuz when all of us show up, the sidewalk will surely be blocked, & I'm willing to bet the PD will be out in force as well.

NO! Just keep moving on the sidewalk. It is called picket for a reason! Please come join us.

Firedog1979

Be part of the solution!
    Mar 19, 2017
    Maryland
    Got a reply....
    392e5a12f8bb8f9f05e8ad5cb88b2885.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• IMG_2067.jpg
      IMG_2067.jpg
      44.3 KB · Views: 586

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    What is interesting us that the legislators can go through the "coward" tube underground if they are so offended by free speech.

We are aware of the Tantrum Tunnel from the legislator offices to the Statehouse.

We have people to help us flush ‘em out! Just ask Bikebreath!

Attachments

• F2131740-372E-4B98-BF95-51E0C7D22F52.jpg
      F2131740-372E-4B98-BF95-51E0C7D22F52.jpg
      121.6 KB · Views: 588

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Ha ha hot topic for sure.
    How many arrests have been made at that location for similar charges, and who. Not the moms I’m sure.
    I just found out that in MA possession of a stock is a life sentence and now MD will not allow use of the 1st ! Scary to the common citizen / taxpayer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom