• Status
    Not open for further replies.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'm not by any means saying the police department should not be held legally responsible. I am simply saying folks are wasting a huge opportunity by focusing solely on complaining on the individual officers. The spotlight of abuse of power allegations needs to fall on the democratic machine. The focus needs to be on the big picture. Just because people aren't likely to come forward with admissions of collusion doesn't mean it shouldn't be investigated IMHO.

Oh, we absolutely NEED to know who ordered it. There are a lot of links in the chain.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    Maryland Capitol Police Chief Wilson 410-767-6744

and Gov. Hogan’s Office 410-974-3901 don’t seem to have any knowledge of last nights arrest.

Perhaps the keyboard commandos here will stop clicking, which does little good, and reach out to both to demand their right to peaceful petition their government from the public sidewalk.

I phoned the governor's office demanding to know the reason for the arrests, The woman the answered called over to DSG to request the reason for the arrests. The story she was given was that ". . . they were protesting without a permit, blocking the sidewalks and refused to move when told to do so."

I told her that this smacks of selective enforcement of the laws and that it was not acceptable that certain groups are subject to suppression of 1st amendment rights based on their cause. I requested that Hogan investigate. She said she would document my request . . . yadda yadda.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I phoned the governor's office demanding to know the reason for the arrests, The woman the answered called over to DSG to request the reason for the arrests. The story she was given was that ". . . they were protesting without a permit, blocking the sidewalks and refused to move when told to do so."

I told her that this smacks of selective enforcement of the laws and that it was not acceptable that certain groups are subject to suppression of 1st amendment rights based on their cause. I requested that Hogan investigate. She said she would document my request . . . yadda yadda.

If that was true, why weren't all of the pp arrested? Good thing we have video, lots of it.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Oh boy! Suppression of speech. I hope that whoever ordered the arrest for the peaceful and lawful exercise of First Amendment rights will be the first named defendant among others in a 42 U.S.C. 1983 suit for injunctive relief and damages.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Everybody: Zoostation is right over the target in post 158 above, dropping truth bombs for us.

We shall stay focused on the folks who warp the system, not the folks tied to the system who just report for work every day.

The officer who was given the job of transporting me to the Booking Bunker—he and I chatted about the Super Bowl and had a few laughs about CryBrady Tom.

Ah, so as long as the officer speaks to me politely after arresting me for exercising my First Amendment Right, I should be alright with everything. I am sure you were polite as can be toward the officers too, so they should have all used their charging discretion and allowed you guys to continue on. Instead, they arrested you and then had to have a convention back at the station to figure out what to charge you with. I went through that 19 years ago when a MoCo officer wanted me and others to stop hunting on a farm off of Black Rock Road. The convention determined that we were not really breaking any laws, but one officer decided to charge all of us with discharging a firearm within 150 yards of a dwelling. The Assistant State's Attorney wanted us to do 40 hours of community service and promise not to hunt on the farm anymore in exchange for a Nolle. Told him we declined and wanted a trial instead. He was shocked that we would not accept his offer. Hell, being 28 years old, I was naive. I was willing to accept his offer, but my immigrant father told me NO because we had done nothing wrong, and to trial we went. We were all found Not Guilty. The arresting officer even had a smart comment for us as we were leaving the courtroom together. 19 years ago and I remember that like it was yesterday and they weren't actually violating my civil rights. I have smoke coming out of my ears from watching that video of the Patriot Picket last night, and while I should be working this morning, this takes precedence over work. This is entirely unacceptable from the person that gave the order all the way down to the person that effectuated the order. I don't care how polite they were. The MGA smiles as it takes away our 2nd Amendment Right, and now it and law enforcement are smiling while they take away our 1st Amendment Right. Would it be alright if law enforcement was knocking on the door to take away our 2nd Amendment Right and they were doing it with a smile and while talking to us about the Super Bowl, the weather, etc. while just doing their job?

Hell, the British soldiers were just doing what the King of England was telling them to do.

slybarman

low speed high drag 9-5er
    Feb 10, 2013
    I didn't expect any different answer, but hopefully if enough people call and raise a shit-storm they will realize they stepped in something stinky.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    IN an election year with an anti 2A governor? Don't count on him doing much...

Then he can count on NOT receiving my vote. While I cannot stomach voting for the other side, I cannot stomach voting for somebody that will allow our rights to be completely trampled. I understand the stance he has taken on the 2nd Amendment, which it not to push the boundaries of it, but when something like this happens regarding the First Amendment, I cannot understand how he would do nothing about it. So, on election day I will do nothing when it comes to voting for a Governor. Just skip right over that part of the ballot.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Gov. office called me back , said the two persons arrested were blocking/impeding sidewalk traffic . He said Gov. Hogan knew nothing about it .

# 410-974-3006 is the number to call

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Send these guys some e-mails and ask them to help. C4@wbal.com

C4 seems more interested in 2A than other shows. Odd, but true.

I contacted The Bruce Elliott Show, WCBM, last year about the gun grabbing in Annapolis. They refused to discuss anything firearms related.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Gov. office called me back , said the two persons arrested were blocking/impeding sidewalk traffic . He said Gov. Hogan knew nothing about it .

# 410-974-3006 is the number to call

Bull and every one knows it. Political hit.

Then he can count on NOT receiving my vote. While I cannot stomach voting for the other side, I cannot stomach voting for somebody that will allow our rights to be completely trampled. I understand the stance he has taken on the 2nd Amendment, which it not to push the boundaries of it, but when something like this happens regarding the First Amendment, I cannot understand how he would do nothing about it. So, on election day I will do nothing when it comes to voting for a Governor. Just skip right over that part of the ballot.

He has been pandering to moderate dems for 4 years by withholding his support for 2A advocates...I don't think he really cares what we think...in his eyes he needs their votes more than ours OR he feels we will vote for him regardless...lets seew how this plays out...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom