• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    Do you have an image on file for the Join or Die icon? I think it'd be a great choice to Americanize my M85...

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Big shout out to Nate and the team at Engage. Nice meeting you all!

Had two SBRs that needed engraving. I was in and out in 20 mins! Looks great.

Awesome shop and a great selection. Worth the trip, even with Friday traffic.

Wongler

Nov 6, 2013
    Carlisle, PA
    Big Thanks To Nate and the Engage Family. Just got 5 knives engraved for my wedding and a lower for myself.

Took about an hour for 5 knives and the lower. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. PLUS seeing that laser work, was pretty trick!

K3silk

Jul 16, 2008
    Rockville
    Now that was a cool idea for a wedding. Good sh*t
    Big Thanks To Nate and the Engage Family. Just got 5 knives engraved for my wedding and a lower for myself.

Took about an hour for 5 knives and the lower. I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. PLUS seeing that laser work, was pretty trick!

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    In a single pass on aluminum, though I typically take it a bit deeper. It'll cut through the side of a mag well on an AR lower w/ enough passes.

Hey Nate, based on yer bulldog pic earlier in this thread - can you potentially do checkering with this engraver? If so, what are the limitations? Metal only? Polymer? Wood?

TIA,

--JB

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Hey Nate, based on yer bulldog pic earlier in this thread - can you potentially do checkering with this engraver? If so, what are the limitations? Metal only? Polymer? Wood?

TIA,

--JB

Metal is easiest. Polymer is doable typically, but takes a little messing with. Wood is hit or miss, typically on the miss side, and has to be a hard wood.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Still gawking at my engraved tools, that machine is awesome!!!

Attachments

• 20160323_154600.jpg
      20160323_154600.jpg
      137.2 KB · Views: 520

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    No. I brought in my 300 Blk that Nate checked the suppressor alignment on my Phantom 762 LTA. :thumbsup:

I was standing right there! Nice, I was wearing the Engage hat with black jacket and khaki pants. We need shirts with our screen names embroidered on them, for gun shop visits and other shooting events!!:D

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was standing right there! Nice, I was wearing the Engage hat with black jacket and khaki pants. We need shirts with our screen names embroidered on them, for gun shop visits and other shooting events!!:D

:thumbsup:It was great ALMOST meeting you! I blame Nate for not into-ing us. :D

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB

This is exactly why I'm sure a lot of folks have actually met me and don't remember/know it. :D

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Nate, I just talked to you on the phone about engraving a lower for me, and an ACS-L stock. Thanks for the help, and I'll see you on Tuesday!

Now I just need to finalize the graphic...

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Late to the party but what about Zippo lighters? Need to engrave a medium quantity. Plenty of engraving places around but I'd rather support a 2a friendly business!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    It's been said before, but this machine is SO cool. I want one to play with.

Nate was awesome today when I came in to get some engraving done for an SBR lower. I brought the image file, he did some quick setup, and then five minutes later it was done.

Nate, thanks a ton for your help today. I'll be back for sure.

Here's what it looks like:

IMG_0145.jpg

I flipped the snake around from the Gadsden flag, because I want those fangs pointed at the other guy, not at me! :P
    The name of my NFA trust is engraved above the image (but I blanked part of it for this...) and Nate was kind enough to hit it with some Aluma-Black so it blends in just about perfectly with the rest of the receiver.

In all seriousness, if anyone wants the image file that I provided to Nate for this, let me know.

I repeat - this machine is SO cool, and everyone should go see it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom