• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    G19 Front Slide Serrations. Cut then textured, giving the metal that grip-tape feel and added "stick". Custom serrations can be done in any pattern.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      85.1 KB · Views: 566

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Niiice! Price?

Does this suggest that you can stipple frames with yer magic machine too?

JB

Front serrations on the glock run around $80, and can be customized to your liking (spacing, #of lines, no logo, texture or not, etc.) we have straight and slants queued up and ready at the moment.

In theory yes on the frames, however every polymer reacts differently and settings have to be fine tuned for each item. So in short, not at the moment lol.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Can you do an mp5? Thinking in the cutout for the stock arm, one line of text on top of the other. Would have to be real small. There are google images of it, I believe tarheel state firearms does it this way but I'd rather stay with an ip...

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    Can you do an mp5? Thinking in the cutout for the stock arm, one line of text on top of the other. Would have to be real small. There are google images of it, I believe tarheel state firearms does it this way but I'd rather stay with an ip...

Nate did mine like that. He even blackened the engraving using the laser.

Really nice job.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Nate did mine like that. He even blackened the engraving using the laser.

Really nice job.

I was going to ask about the blackened engraved areas, I was curious if it was color filled black.

The laser itself blackened the engraved areas? Wow that's pretty cool:cool:

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I was going to ask about the blackened engraved areas, I was curious if it was color filled black.

That's awesome if the laser can do that.

When he did my SBR lower for me, Nate hit the NFA text with some Aluma-black and it matches the rest of the receiver about perfectly.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium

That's awesome if the laser can do that.

When he did my SBR lower for me, Nate hit the NFA text with some Aluma-black and it matches the rest of the receiver about perfectly.

On the steel MP5 lower, he did it with the laser. Waves a majic wand, said an incantation and in the final pass the engraving turned black. Did it with my SBS receiver as well.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    So that still didn't answer my question lol. What do I need to bring when I go down the engage to get my lower engraved? Tax stamp? Trust?

I didnt bring anything when I got my SBR lowers engraved. It doesn't matter what you are getting engraved. Maybe you just want your trust name, city and state on your lower just for giggles. It doesn't have to be an official SBR because you can get whatever you want engraved on just about anything. Just make sure you know what you want engraved. If its text I would type it up and bring the paper with what you want engraved with you so you can double/triple check the spelling before he hits the 'GO' button.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    So that still didn't answer my question lol. What do I need to bring when I go down the engage to get my lower engraved? Tax stamp? Trust?

I took the lower itself, and because I was getting an image done along with the text, I took a USB thumb drive with a vector file of the image on it. If you're just getting text done, Nate will set it up for you when you get there.

My lower was fully built, including the buffer tube and all, and while it fit on the workspace just fine, it probably would have been easier if it was just the stripped lower.

It *might* be worth it to have a copy of your trust, just to make extra, extra sure that everything is spelled the same on the lower as it is on the trust. Mine is simple and easy, so I didn't bother, but if yours is complex you'll want to make extra sure it's the same.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    It *might* be worth it to have a copy of your trust, just to make extra, extra sure that everything is spelled the same on the lower as it is on the trust. Mine is simple and easy, so I didn't bother, but if yours is complex you'll want to make extra sure it's the same.

Yup. All that's completely necessary is the lower, but having the info in writing can't hurt, but totally up to you.

Steel will blacken with the laser. Aluminum may or may not, but tends to just gray then not take to alumablack.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Lower finally showed up at the FFL!! Nate and I have some fun engraving plans for a close friend of mine who recently retired after his 20 years in the Marine corps.
    I should have the lower finished up this weekend and be on my journey from PA to the shop Tues/Wed.

I would love some more ideas from you guys. What would you have engraved for Mr. Gunny Sgt? Without giving away too many details, the real estate on the blank side is spoken for. (top secret until finished)

Any other real estate is open, front of the mag well, under manufacturer logo, above trigger pin, buffer tube, dust cover....anywhere Nate can blast the laser at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom