• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    "Turn the intensity down on the luminated reticle."

When shooting for accuracy and group using a dot sight I turn down the intensity until I just see the target dot through the red (or green) dot. Depends on lighting and the scope but sometimes it works...

"IMNSHO, those multi-dot scopes aren't that 'great' for anything.
    For a 'battle rifle', or one used in close quarters shooting, they MAY be o.k., however, you start shooting distance(s), and they become more of a liability than an asset."

In three gun and multigun matches the dot sights are very fast up close. For distance I turn the dot off and use the iron sights. Hits are consistent clear out to 160 yards. On pistol, they actually help with consistency in a game like bullseye since the sight and target are in the same focal plane, especially with older eyes. I actually prefer irons on most of my guns.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    I had to go back and check on his scope. It's an AimSports. It's sort of like this with the red crosshairs and not the red dot. At 50 yards it just washes out the 1" circle on the target.

51qLfg0O00L._SX342_.jpg

"IMNSHO, those multi-dot scopes aren't that 'great' for anything.
    For a 'battle rifle', or one used in close quarters shooting, they MAY be o.k., however, you start shooting distance(s), and they become more of a liability than an asset."

In three gun and multigun matches the dot sights are very fast up close. For distance I turn the dot off and use the iron sights. Hits are consistent clear out to 160 yards. On pistol, they actually help with consistency in a game like bullseye since the sight and target are in the same focal plane, especially with older eyes. I actually prefer irons on most of my guns.

Just for clarification, the 'multi-dot' scope that I was saying "aren't that great" were like the one that SOMDSHOOT posted (above).

Single red dot scopes, or the red or green dot scopes are very good, IMNSHO.

Having more dots in the scope (to me) can tend to cover up the target and make sighting more difficult.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    That's true, no problemo, it can be a very busy sight picture.

But what I have experienced, even with a good dot, just doesn't help at longer distance. Light level conflicts, dot color reception by the shooter's eye and all that other stuff lends to developing a preference. Only way to know is to try it.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That is the same scope as the NCStar version. Same description, and both are called P4 Sniper in the description.

CHEAP assed POS. That is why it washes out.

But what do you expect for an illuminated, "tactical" scope for about $50 - $60???????

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I have one of those. It worked better for me if I leave the bag unzipped. Once I hit 20 rounds, the bag sagged too much and it stopped working properly.

Thanks Jim,
    I am jut trying to find something to keep the brass from my buddies 223 flying off of our shooting bench on to the ground. I have a briefcase that I keep thousands of targets in and our stapler and I simply set that up on the edge of the table to keep the brass from flying on the cow pasture grass. The bag should be alot better of course.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    That is the same scope as the NCStar version. Same description, and both are called P4 Sniper in the description.

CHEAP assed POS. That is why it washes out.

But what do you expect for an illuminated, "tactical" scope for about $50 - $60???????

I'll assume so. But please sure to understand I said it is similar to this scope. It is not identical. The reticle is the same I believe though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom