• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marc357

Jan 27, 2008
    Woodbine, MD
    I really enjoyed the match, too- a big thanks to all who helped put it on, and to all the fine folks who donated to the prize table.

7.1 MOA for my .300 Mag to hit the 1-inch sticker at 18 yds. That was the only time I whipped out my 'Droid and used the "Shooter" program. My printed data cards start at 25 yds, which shows 4.2 MOA. The math gets really weird that close :-)

Congrats to all!

EVERYONE who attended:
    1: I'm relatively sure that they learned something new about themselves, their gun, their partner- or all of the above. ;)

2: Probably made a dumb mistake at some point that they will not repeat. :innocent0

3: And I guarantee every one of us learned more, and had more fun, than than everyone who DIDN'T COME :D

I know, I know- there were limited slots on this PARTICULAR match, and all who wanted to shoot could not be accommodated.... but the Mayberry Tactical Matches are almost never completely full, and there are alot of other matches one can go to- rifle, pistol, shotgun, or all three...... GET OUT THERE AND DO IT :party29:

Ramrod197

Jun 30, 2009
    WOW. What a great time we had .Tom you guys did a great job putting this shoot on. What a good mix of fun a mind work to get thru it.Thanks for all your hard work, and thanks for the sponsors, You gave great stuff. It was nice meeting all the other shooters and guys that help put it on

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    7.1 MOA for my .300 Mag to hit the 1-inch sticker at 18 yds. That was the only time I whipped out my 'Droid and used the "Shooter" program. My printed data cards start at 25 yds, which shows 4.2 MOA. The math gets really weird that close :-)

Marc-
    Your Droid program was/is smarter than I am. I also had a card w/ a 25yd hold and tried to do the math off that. The key factor that close is the height of the scope off the center of bore. You probably have a 2.0" height, whereas mine is 2.5" (AR's typically run 2.4-2.6"). I need to set that shot up again just to prove to myself I can do it. As I said, I thought that was the toughest shoot of the day for the craziness of the math. If you hit it, VERY nice work.

Tom-
    Those photos are great. Thanks. I'm going to forward them to a bunch of old US Army buddies - maybe I can convince one or two to grab a rifle and get out and shoot!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    thanks to all who set this up, arranged the prizes, RO'd the event and cooked! All i can say is i will do better next time, plenty of practice needed! I did letters to all the prize suppliers and they will go out in tomorrow's mail.

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Anyone know what kind of rig Matt, the co-winner, was running? I forgot to asked but it was bad-@$$!

I think he was running Tom Jr's AR-10

Yes that was my Predator Custom Shop AR10. Matt was shooting, I let him shoot for the comp. That thing is bad-@$$, maybe one day I will get to shoot it in a match.:innocent0
    And to answer the video question, yes video was taken of all the teams but I am having issues getting it up.. ha ha not like that. I might just put it on youtube and link to each team. Any help would be great.

trebark

Hiding in plain sight
    Aug 3, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    Yes that was my Predator Custom Shop AR10. Matt was shooting, I let him shoot for the comp. That thing is bad-@$$, maybe one day I will get to shoot it in a match.:innocent0
    And to answer the video question, yes video was taken of all the teams but I am having issues getting it up.. ha ha not like that. I might just put it on youtube and link to each team. Any help would be great.

What kind of help do you need with videos? Although I don't have any video editing software, i do have a youtube account and would gladly post videos.

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Speaking of Mayberry videos and YouTube, you guys should post the video from the Carbine Match. That is a very well done video - the snow adds a special dimension - and is a great piece of marketing. Lots of guys will see it and come out for the next one.

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    Speaking of Mayberry videos and YouTube, you guys should post the video from the Carbine Match. That is a very well done video - the snow adds a special dimension - and is a great piece of marketing. Lots of guys will see it and come out for the next one.

There's a video? Put it up!!

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

There's a video? Put it up!!

Huuuuhhhh?......a well done video?.....Who's holding out on us?....... Why hasn't it been posted long ago?......

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Here is a pic of the winning team and their rifles:
    Brock on right: American Precision Arms/Patriot Arms 7mm-08. Trued Rem. 700 Short action, Maners T4A stock with Badger M5 bottom Metal, 25" 1-9.25" Rock Creek fluted Barrel, Premier Retical Lupy 3.5-10 FF, Mountain Shooter sling, Hand loads with Horandy 162 A-max.
    Matt on left: Predator Custom Shop AR10 308, Armalite upper, lower, BCG, and Adjustable gas block system. Magpul PRS stock and Miad pistol grip. Jard adjustable trigger. Rock Creek Heavy Barrel 20" 1:11.25 threaded w YHM Phantom suppressor. Nightforce 3.5-15x50 MLR ZS MRAD HS. Factory GMM 168's. Mountain Shooter sling
    camra032-1.jpg

Feb 21, 2011
    WV
    Tom thanks for putting this on. I understand how much work goes into such an event. Thanks to all who helped RO, Cook, or just reset targets. Thanks to all the prize table sponsors.
    We had a great time. :)

Brock

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom