• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Thanks Lou-
    I seem to recall you will not be there on Sunday, but maybe Tom Jr. talked you into ROing?

:lol2:No. I gotta' work for a living too so I'll be working at the Upper Marlboro show this weekend. Sounds as though this match is going to be real fun and wish I was RO'ing instead of working a show.

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    stage timing not entire match. but be prepared to hustle in between. side pistol match might not happen this weekend due to pistol range has 4" of water on it.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    stage timing not entire match. but be prepared to hustle in between. side pistol match might not happen this weekend due to pistol range has 4" of water on it.

Range condition report as of 15:15 02/18.

Ed Shell was leaving as I drove in and upon speaking with him the rifle range out to 600 yards was kinda' muddy but not too bad as he said his truck wouldn't have had a problem down to 600 and back though he walked it. The handgun range for 50% of it had a couple of inches of wet, compressed ice/slush/snow. At the target backers the water and ice measured up to 3 inches; again, that is at the target backers only. The remaining 50% was grass but will turn muddy with somewhat extensive use.

Tom, don't be a wimp, run that handgun range:D If the snow on the handgun range should freeze up during Saturday night into Sunday morning, my suggestion would be to bring and wear your ice skates:lol2:, j/k, if it's iced over, then you may want to consider not entertaining the thought of the handgun range because (to the best of my memory) below freezing temps are called for during the overnight before the match. If everyone brings their ice skates and wants to shoot the handgun portion, we can create another facet of shooting, sorta' like the Olympic biathlon but with ice skates and handguns. Remember, you heard it here first:)

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    ....Tom, don't be a wimp, run that handgun range:D If the snow on the handgun range should freeze up during Saturday night into Sunday morning, my suggestion would be to bring and wear your ice skates:lol2:, j/k, if it's iced over, then you may want to consider not entertaining the thought of the handgun range because (to the best of my memory) below freezing temps are called for during the overnight before the match. If everyone brings their ice skates and wants to shoot the handgun portion, we can create another facet of shooting, sorta' like the Olympic biathlon but with ice skates and handguns. Remember, you heard it here first:)
    I don't see this as anything a big bag of kitty litter (or crampons) can't fix...
    If this wind keeps up, I might be in trouble - I can't multiple my wind values for that big a number ! ;)

Thanks for the sitrep Lou!
    They just multiplied their 15 mph data by 4x to shoot 60+ MPH breezes at the Allegheny Sniper Challenge last year.

I thought the wind was going to take us off the hill. :drunk: :D

As Lou posted, the rifle side wasn't too bad Friday, some soft spots in the usual places, but it certainly felt like it would hold the truck. I'll have the ATV to service targets tomorrow anyway, which has a relatively light footprint.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I don't see this as anything a big bag of kitty litter (or crampons) can't fix...They just multiplied their 15 mph data by 4x to shoot 60+ MPH breezes at the Allegheny Sniper Challenge last year.

I thought the wind was going to take us off the hill. :drunk: :D

As Lou posted, the rifle side wasn't too bad Friday, some soft spots in the usual places, but it certainly felt like it would hold the truck. I'll have the ATV to service targets tomorrow anyway, which has a relatively light footprint.

That must be one GREAT BIG BAG of kitty litter you have in mind:lol2: Just trailer your Zambino to the range and smooth out the ice surface for the competitors to skate from station to station across the course.

Last edited:

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    I agree with the above posts-

AWESOME match Mayberry guys! Thanks to all the crew there, especially TOM's Sr & Jr and the two STEVE's.

It was an honor to compete with such a group of talented shooters; Matt and I were thrilled to finish in the top five. We trained our butts off to get ready for this one, as it was our first precision tactical match.

I will also say that the prize table was amazing. My teams - Trebark Sr and Jr - won nearly $1300 of gear... Matt a $750 McRee stock, Oliver a $250 Manners stock, Trevor a $200 discount to a Wilson Combat upper and me a $50 T.A.B. Gear belt. Tom Jr went well beyond the call of duty in setting up that table.

Finally, 8.5 MOA. That is my come-up to shoot that 18yd "dime" target. I shot 6.0, and of course missed. That might have been the toughest stage of the day!

trebark

Hiding in plain sight
    Aug 3, 2009
    Falls Church, VA
    I agree with the above posts-

AWESOME match Mayberry guys! Thanks to all the crew there, especially TOM's Sr & Jr and the two STEVE's.

It was an honor to compete with such a group of talented shooters; Matt and I were thrilled to finish in the top five. We trained our butts off to get ready for this one, as it was our first precision tactical match.

I will also say that the prize table was amazing. My teams - Trebark Sr and Jr - won nearly $1300 of gear... Matt a $750 McRee stock, Oliver a $250 Manners stock, Trevor a $200 discount to a Wilson Combat upper and me a $50 T.A.B. Gear belt. Tom Jr went well beyond the call of duty in setting up that table.

Finally, 8.5 MOA. That is my come-up to shoot that 18yd "dime" target. I shot 6.0, and of course missed. That might have been the toughest stage of the day!

How Team Trebark didn't win best dressed I'll never know!

Awesome match everyone! thanks for putting on a great event.

trp7

Apr 3, 2009
    Here are the scores, more to come later.
    1st Brock & Matt 485
    2nd Brian & Gary 471
    3rd Ed & Laura 442
    4th Marc & Michael 410
    5th James & Matt 371
    6th Rod & John 370
    7th Paul & David 360
    8th Oliver & Trevor 335
    9th David & Todd 325
    10th Scott & Ken 255
    I huge to thanks to all the sponsors who generously contributed to the prize table. These guy's went well beyond what I expected. I am personly very thankful to all.
    McRee’s Multi Services
    1000yards@mcreesprecision.net
    Badger Ordance
    info@badgerordance.com
    Predator Custom Shop
    sales@predatorcustomshop.com
    Wilson Combat
    http://www.wilsoncombat.com/info_contact_us.htm
    Tab Gear
    http://www.riflesonly.com/contact.html
    Rite In The Rain
    http://www.riteintherain.com/default.aspx