• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Maybe MSI could….

Once upon a time . whenever an issue arose there , VCDL officers would schedule an appointment with the respective Chief , and engage in polite conversation , as their Plan A . It usually worked , and rarely required Plan B .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Once upon a time . whenever an issue arose there , VCDL officers would schedule an appointment with the respective Chief , and engage in polite conversation , as their Plan A . It usually worked , and rarely required Plan B .
    Then a page from their playbook may be in order.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    How can we possibly make them aware? Reach out to sheriff's offices?
    One thing we can do is inform any LOE's we know what is happening and they should expect to see more CC and OC by law abiding citizens, be sure to provide some references they can check. Once the grass roots LEO's learn what is going on they will spread the word to their buddies and enough of them will be asking their bosses for verification that it will most likely get a response.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Yes of course. But she’s my wife and they’re my children and it’s my household.

How it is established in my house, if I’m around she is submissive to my roll as the head of the household and she refers to them as my children when we are talking to each other or friends etc. that goes for the children's discipline too, I’m around I’m lining them in. When I’m off at work she assumes the position and TCOB of her children. Until they get unruly then dad has to step in.
    And his wife gave him permission to say that. :rofl:

(I know I’m late to the party, but just got a chance to catch up on my reading.)

Last edited:

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    It all goes back to Her Baron von Flush and we all know with him being a very anti 2A AG he will not put out any guidance or guidelines until he is forced to
    do so. It might just take a couple of 1983 cases to force him to act along with the MGA but then with him leaving at the end of the year,he does not give a hoot as he is also
    seeing his pride and joy of infinfringment of our 2A rights being dissembled before his very eyes and their is nothing he can do to stop it so he will try to throw all kinds of roadblocks in our path while he can...

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Corporal Jenkins. Perfect gentleman. Told me that at the time of the traffic stop, the consensus amongst ALL officers on scene was that I was wrong. When they found me to be correct, they had an "Ah..." moment. He did not set by idly and wait for things to happen, he reached out to the A.A.G's office and found that I had already contacted them, and to the A.G. for Worcester County. He informed me that A.A.G. Bowen did, in fact, reach out to the Gun Center and correct them as to manner of carry. Corporal Jenkins told me he was amazed at the speed at which this is all taking place, that notices/bulletins are now going out Statewide to all the agencies throughout Maryland. I told him that A.G Brian Frosh, well-known anti-gunner, should have released bulletins immediately after the Bruen decision, as he knew there would be an onslaught of Wear and Carry applications and that Open Carry would become more prevailant than before. He also said that the broadcast on 102.9FM The Vault was probably due to a call from the Worcester County A.G. I told him that I reached out to OCPD Records to get copies of the body-worn camera and dash camera(if available) video,not as a tool for any type of litigation, but to make sure I didn't make an ass of myself and to spread the word on how one might handle a similar situation. He assured me that I handled the situation perfectly and he was sorry we had to meet under such circumstances, although, he was glad that we had the opportunity to meet to clarify some things, not only for his department, but for departments across the State.
    I told Corporal Jenkins that if/when we meet again, presumably under more favorable conditions, his beverage of choice is on me. He accepted my offer and told me to call him next time I'm down the ocean.

I spoke to Records this morning, and they are processing my request. Stay tuned.

Now carry on with the thread derailment.:)
    My suggestion when and if beverage moment happens, please tell officer that all officers that he knows should be just a cordial. As well as not to shoot someone for exercising their right. That will be a great step on the other end. We defend the police more than the other side, but not respected the same.

spank308

Jul 24, 2012
    Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear badges. Kudos to the OCPD for being professional, and despite not believing you were correct, taking the time to make sure
    My suggestion when and if beverage moment happens, please tell officer that all officers that he knows should be just a cordial. As well as not to shoot someone for exercising their right. That will be a great step on the other end. We defend the police more than the other side, but not respected the same.
    Not all heroes wear capes. Some wear badges. Kudos to the OCPD for being professional, and despite not believing you were correct, taking the time to make sure.
    I’m a bit confused. The speed of what,Wear and carry? Bruin has nothing to do with the stop. I’m a bit slow, did wear and carry just pass In Md?

scottyfz6

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2018
    Well I have been in ocean City for the last 4 days, carrying every day. Yesterday I walked from 16th street all the way down to inlet. Being warm I had a un buttoned shirt on, the way home was into the wind. My shirt was pretty much blown behind me the whole way back. I had my sig 365 iwb, no one looked funny and the one cop I saw during the whole walk did not even notice.

Not eventful in any way.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Well I have been in ocean City for the last 4 days, carrying every day. Yesterday I walked from 16th street all the way down to inlet. Being warm I had a un buttoned shirt on, the way home was into the wind. My shirt was pretty much blown behind me the whole way back. I had my sig 365 iwb, no one looked funny and the one cop I saw during the whole walk did not even notice.

Not eventful in any way.

Maybe they thought it was just a walkie talkie or some cell phone leather?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I might OC in OC.
    Do it!

Untitled.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member