• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddestruel

Jun 23, 2015
    Dump the Bruen case on a thursday or friday, its less controversial and will fizzle over a weekend news cycle.

EPA comes out on a tuesday..... then dump the dobbs case thursday or friday before the 4th of july weekend 5 days later the summer news cycle in in play and nobody gets back into watching News/TV until after Labor day.

Last edited:

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    For all the sturm und drang over Dobbs, I suspect NYSRPA will have the greater impact. We may be looking at a Brown vs Board of Education moment that will reverberate through American politics for the next forty years.
    Dobbs will dominate the news cycle though. More Americans have strong feelings about abortion than they do 2A; at least on the left side. It's a good thing in that the NYSRPA case will get less negative air time. However I worry the dems will use Dobbs to beat their drum into the elections on a court packing platform.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Last year they continued to release opinions into July and issued orders July 2nd.

I think at this point, with how the Dobbs leak has changed the way the court works, all bets are off the table as to the release dates. Most people [including me] thought the leak would force the court to issue Dobbs immediately. Now, who knows, maybe in July as the last opinion as a final FU.

The usual rumors of vote changing and horse trading are floating around the internet. For the record, no one has offered me anything to change my vote.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Last year they continued to release opinions into July and issued orders July 2nd.

I think at this point, with how the Dobbs leak has changed the way the court works, all bets are off the table as to the release dates. Most people [including me] thought the leak would force the court to issue Dobbs immediately. Now, who knows, maybe in July as the last opinion as a final FU.

The usual rumors of vote changing and horse trading are floating around the internet. For the record, no one has offered me anything to change my vote.
    I believe its way more likely they will stick with the votes and most of the jist of the leak there is no way any of them want to set the precedent that the intimidation can work, no way. If they do the republic is officially over.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD

Please explain how the Dobbs leak has changed the way the court works?

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Please explain how the Dobbs leak has changed the way the court works?
    For example, Justices are not sharing information and drafts freely, slowing them down. Clerks are being asked for phone records, affidavits, and have hired attorneys.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    C
    Dump the Bruen case on a thursday or friday, its less controversial and will fizzle over a weekend news cycle.

EPA comes out on a tuesday..... then dump the dobbs case thursday or friday before the 4th of july weekend 5 days later the summer news cycle in in play and nobody gets back into watching News/TV until after Labor day.
    Cases are usually released on Monday and Wednesday’s unless their is a holiday on Monday. Then it’s. Tuesday Thursday release.

We have three release days at most left this term.

June 23rd, June 27th, and June 29th.

June 23rd is last conference day so orders will be released on the 27th.

13 cases left, 5 major cases. Dobbs will probably be on the last day. Bruen Will either be the 23rd or the 27th.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Awaiting opinion count (If my math is right)
    November - 1 (NY)
    December - 2 (Dobbs v Jackson - Abortion)
    January - 1
    February - 2 (WV v EPA - Chevron overreach - similar to bump stock)
    March - 2
    April - 5 (Kennedy v Bremerton), (Biden v Texas)
    -----------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom