• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    Every day is an opinion day on this forum.

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I think it’ll be like Delaware tried with state parks … all are off limits. delSC finally overruled and said only minimal / specific restrictions, not the whole of every park.

nyc and other big cities will probably go so far as to say no. On any mass transit. Then go with years of litigation through the same courts that got us to this point.

they’ve said as much, for their plans of resistance.

in any place, where two or more people gather…
    Hopefully that happens with Maryland too. Can't carry on state lands unless you are hunting, or the action is open and unloaded or cased.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I should not be restricted from having a legal item in my possession based on a place I am allowed to be. I agree with gun free zones in as much as they should be secure to not allow any guns in and have armed security.

I should be allowed in any .gov building in areasthat the general public can go. If i have to go in a secure area i am ok with surrendering my fire arm, i don't like it but if they prevent everyone from carrying with security and armed personnel i guess i would live with it.

Places should be required to have storage for fire arms like PA does so you don't have to leave it in your car

Nobody

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I'm most concerned about how they will write about special places (metro, stadiums, etc). Hopefully they write stricter and not looser. MD would love them to be vague.
    Strict Scrutiny is what you are looking for.

No need to be specific other then that.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Opinions are like sphincters, everybody got one!
    From Wiki, so verify on your own...

"How many sphincters do we have in the human body?

There are over 40 different sphincters in the human body; some of these sphincters are microscopic in size. Many sphincters are used every day in the normal course of digestion."

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

There are over 40 different sphincters in the human body; some of these sphincters are microscopic in size. Many sphincters are used every day in the normal course of digestion."

That's great!

I can have more opinions!!!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Strict Scrutiny is what you are looking for.

No need to be specific other then that.

I always caution with what the 5th Circuit did in Mance v. Barr, where they applied strict scrutiny and still decided an infringement isn’t an infringement.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I always caution with what the 5th Circuit did in Mance v. Barr, where they applied strict scrutiny and still decided an infringement isn’t an infringement.

That's why some of us are still pessimistic. We've seen how philosophically anti-2A lower courts have twisted Scalia's "the right is not unlimited" language in Heller to mean "the authority to regulate the right is essentially unlimited as long as public safety is the stated intent".

And then those courts completely defer to State assertions that a particular law will improve public safety without demanding any evidence other than the State's word. The shining example of this was the District Court decision against MSI's lawsuit against FSA2013. The judge simply accepted MD's assertions without question. I remember reading her decision and wondering why she even bothered to show up for court, because the decision was clearly made before any evidence was presented.

Last edited:
    That's why some of us are still pessimistic. We've seen how philosophically anti-2A lower courts have twisted Scalia's "the right is not unlimited" language in Heller to mean "the authority to regulate the right is essentially unlimited as long as public safety is the stated intent". And then those courts completely defer to State assertions that a particular law will affect public safety without demanding any evidence other than the State's word. The shining example of this was the District Court decision against MSI's lawsuit against FSA2013. The judge simply accepted MD's assertions without question.

If you go back and look at the history of the supreme Court's rulings on second amendment cases you'll find that the court either refused to hear the case or rule against the Constitution more than twice as often as they ruled for it. No one should be optimistic about this and if it happens to fall in our favor then it's a happy surprise.

But in this case even if the court does rule in favor of the Constitution you can bet your butt that states that heavily infringe like Maryland will pass heavily regulated rules for those who apply for a concealed weapon permit. I'm told that some of that has already been discussed like requiring retraining yearly or twice a year at the permit holders expense and time. They will try to make it so expensive and time consuming that most people won't bother with it. I suspect they're also going to implement some sort of bond or insurance requirement that will be cost prohibitive as well.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If the state constitution prohibited senators and delegates from running for reelection if they sponsored laws that were later declared unconstitutional we wouldn’t have very much of this crap

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012

This might be one of my all time favorite posts on the entire internet.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    Metro in DC is a GFZ.
    Wife considered us taking the metro to Virginia to attend an event
    Me: No, metro is a disarmed victim zone
    Her: What's that?
    Me: Citizens aren't allowed to have the means to defend themselves against a criminal attack
    Her: Oh, hell no. We'll drive.
    Me: :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom