• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008
    When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
    When the government fears the people, there is liberty.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Ask yourself what condition we live in today, as the people of Maryland and other liberal states watch what is happening right now in New York. If we were free men, it should be the legislators in New York who are trembling at the passage of this legislation, and the legislators of Maryland who wouldn't DARE consider similar action.

Is that what's happening. Nope. Not at all. The politicians are more brazen than ever. They are PROUD of what they've done. Instead, it's the so-called "citizens" of these states who are cowering in fear.

Gun owners like to claim that their firearms are what protect the citizens of this country against tyrannical government. Let's pull aside the idealistic blinders and get real for a second...that's a load of horsesh*t.

If it was true, New York would be a war-zone right now. It's not.

If it was true, the people shouting "MOLON LABE" and "Cold Dead Hands" would be loading up and getting ready to "make good". They're not.

Instead they're either hiding or selling off their so-called "assault weapons", downgrading to 7-round magazines (if they can find any), and most importantly, trying to delude themselves into thinking that their 6-shooter and a 12-gauge is all the firepower they need to start a revolution against a police department and military that has automatic weapons, armored vehicles, trained snipers, tanks, missiles, and robots in the skies.

Of course, you could debate whether an AR-15 and 1000 rounds of ammo was enough, but with enough people and the right tactics, it MIGHT be possible to get something done.

Which brings us to the disturbing truth that delusional gun owners will go to absurd lengths to neurotically ignore.

It doesn't matter how many guns people have...they have lost the resolve to use them.

This pretty much relegates the Second Amendment to the status of a legal relic.

The principle underlying the Second Amendment was that an armed populace could directly resist the imposition of unjust laws by any government, through force of arms, if necessary. It remains intact only by virtue of the fact that an armed populace can likewise resist its own disarming.

But a gun isn't the only thing a man needs to formulate resistance. He also needs the resolve to use that gun. And the State of New York has made it clear by passing their new gun-control laws that they do not believe their citizens still have that resolve.

The Second was written in a time of people like Patrick Henry, who said, "Give me Liberty or Give me Death". People like Thomas Jefferson who said that the price of liberty is eternal vigilance. People like Benjamin Franklin who believed that those who would sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.

Those men are long gone. In its place, we have become a nation of people either too defeated to stand up for what's right, too distracted to care, or too stupid to know better.

Sure, there are still plenty of people shouting "MOLON LABE" and "Cold Dead Hands"...until someone puts a gun in their face. Then we see what our true character is. We have the resolve to squawk a lot, but we don't have the resolve to do anything the politicians will care about.

And they are starting to catch on. They are starting to realize that we have already lost our status as "citizens" and have become "subjects". The only difference is how much they allow us to delude ourselves into thinking that we still have any freedom, and how quickly they can dispel us of that delusion without upsetting us too much at once.

As youv'e seen in New York, they believe they can move pretty brazenly now.

The Second Amendment may as well already be void, because these legislators have made it clear that they don't respect the armed populace. No matter how many guns they have, people don't have the balls to do anything with them except bury them in the ground or "lose them in a boating accident".

The idea that being armed protects us against tyranny...they pretty much scoff at that, because if there was any truth to that at all, at the bare minimum, you would expect the "MOLON LABE" loudmouths to finally take a stand. They didn't. Instead, they squawked a lot, then they did what cowards do...they shut the hell up and acquiesced.

We write to the legislators...they open the letter, read the word "gun", and throw it away. They don't care what you have to say. You can threaten to vote them out...they know you can't. They just promise free sh!t to the poor and they will have more than enough greedy votes to outweigh the few thinking people in their district. You show up to testify against a law and they sit there and smile through their teeth, then they do what they want to do anyway.

The politicians don't HAVE to listen to your opinion. They already know that we don't have enough votes to overpower the ignorant masses and we don't have enough balls to actually do what we CLAIM our 2nd Amendment rights exist for.

That's why the Founders decided to arm the populace in the first place...so that even if politicians were too absorbed in their own dogma and personal interests to listen to the people, they would still be AFRAID enough of them to respect their rights.

But Cuomo isn't afraid of us. O'Malley isn't afraid of us. Obama isn't afraid of us.

Instead, we're afraid of them. And no matter how valiant a showing we make, they still know that.

We're an empty shadow of the rugged, independent men our "forefathers" were, dependent on gubment cheese, educated by a watered-down liberal "teach to the test" system, and more than willing to let the governments do whatever they want to us as long as they do it slowly and supply us with enough beer and football and t*tties that we don't notice it.

RLBosley

In Christ Alone
    Dec 14, 2012
    Middle River
    No one wants to fire the first shot.

Honestly I hope it is never fired. Hopefully we can reverse this through court. Remember the boxes:

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. Please use in that order."

DOM

Nov 19, 2012
    The reality is that people will put up with a whole lot until a certain point. Many have families, wife, children who depend on them. What is the point of having kids if they can't grow up in a free country? How far would one have to be pushed to break? Some don't really even care as long as they have their bread and circuses.

What that tipping point is, we don't know.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    So do we know what's going on up there? Did it get to the Assembly today? Will anyone be able to challenge it? I heard rumors on comments from the article the NRA posted to facebook about it that some have already filed class-action law suits.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    A. I am glad New York did this first, not MD
    B. I am glad New York reached so far
    C. I cannot wait for this to go to SCOTUS

It is going to suck in live in NY for a bit but I really feel like this went sooo far, that by the time the SCOTUS is through with it, Heller is going to have a sibling in the "Huge Win" column.

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012

It is going to suck in live in NY for a bit but I really feel like this went sooo far, that by the time the SCOTUS is through with it, Heller is going to have a sibling in the "Huge Win" column.

Here's hopin'.

randian

Jan 13, 2012
    Since this will have to go through and lose (you know any challenge will lose) in NY courts before getting to Federal courts, the lower courts can stall this for years before it gets to SCOTUS. Plenty of time for Obama's SCOTUS Deathwatch.

Mr H

Banana'd

Ancillary benefit???

If Cuomo couldn't be elected Dog Catcher...

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD

I think it will withstand SCOTUS especially by the time it gets there.

MD will follow suit if we cant get everyone off their asses and go to Annapolis for the hearings. Maybe that wont even do it.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Not ALL of NY is pleased ...

This guy represents Putnam County. They turned down the request to publish gun owners names in the PoS newspaper.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    It will likely move through the Courts faster than normal, hopefully they can get an injunction since this requires citizens to sell their personal property or become a criminal overnight.

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I didnt see ANY anti-gun control rallies or protests in NY. I heard one NY delegate say he received 430 emails like it was a big deal...I would have expected ten times that much, at least.

We need to be ready to show ourselves in Annapolis when the time is right, to peacefully protest, bring family and friends, signs, bull horns, and let our Representatives know that they are "infringing on our second ammendment rights" and going against the oath they took when sworn in.

If we dont stand up for our 2A rights, no one else will, and then it will be too late, like today in New York.

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    Over on AR15.com there is page after page of New Yorkers trying to make sense out of the new law. There are some that want to leave the State, others that are upset about not being able to take possession of purchases they have recently made, others that are trying to figure out if the weapons they own are allowed under the new law, if they can use certain magazines that the own, who, what and when things need to be registered. It is a panic situation that is confusing and frustrating. Those that aren't packing up to head to another state are doing their best to understand and comply with "the law".

On the other side of the tracks, the criminals are smokin a blunt and drinkin a 40 and could give two shits about the new law.

saln

Dec 28, 2008
    I posted this on another site, just my opinion.

I hold a fond disdain for what I say below.

All gun owners in NY should get together and do a group relocate, that published list can be used two ways. Now is not the time to be selfish, join up and just dam well get out. Wouldn't be long before all the sleepers get killed off. That should help thin the anti flock, screw up bloomies homicide rate and send a inteligible message even a two year old can get.

Let NY go its own way, to fester in a most morbid culdren of liberal sesspool filth.

I reckon this is becoming a matter of attrition, how fast do the guns go away verses how fast do the sleepers wake up, or, get knocked off for their tennis shoes and flat screens. It could work to the advantage of restoring the country you know, but not if its drug out. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Given the economy and other indicators, I suspect it will be a touch bigger than "equal"...

I can just see the wheels turning in the "elements" minds.

Smart money is on states that remain commited to the 2nd.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    No one wants to fire the first shot.

Honestly I hope it is never fired. Hopefully we can reverse this through court. Remember the boxes:

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. Please use in that order."

That cartridge box has been getting smaller and smaller since 1934.

I make my stand at confiscation. We'll see how things go. Seems to me like being forced to dispose of something is basically voluntary confiscation with the incentive of jail for those who don't go along.

Edit: I'm glad I wasn't in LA during Katrina. I would not have allowed anything of mine to be taken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom