• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    I work with a guy from New York. He still has a house there. We both thought I was joking when I said magazines would be limited to 5 rounds. Sadly it seems I wasn't that far off.

Jibriel

Nov 7, 2012
    Howard County
    I wish these people would just be honest and say, "We want to reduce the maximum capacity of magazines from 10 to 7, not because it will make people safer, but because it will inconvenience gun owners and manufacturers,"

5cary

MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    One of the things that worries me most is that I can see both Cuomo and Owe'Malley is a competition for the best "record on gun control". Both have 2016 WH aspirations.

I would not put one-upmanship above MD's dear leader. Actually, hearing his proposals on outright AWB and fingerprinting, etc. I think he may already be there.

Dec 31, 2012
    7 round limit but everyone can carry their ruger lcp or equivalent? Compromise? sure....

I'd actually be ok with some limitations if I could carry in MD without a draconian G+S.

SSDD

Dec 18, 2012
    Hanover, MD
    I didn't see it in the article- Are they saying it has left committee or they have a working draft or what?

I think you raise a great point about one-upmanship. What else is the motivator for the laws they are drafting at this point? It's obviously not about using facts and empirical data to come up with a solution that has any chance of affecting what they are hoping to.

Dec 31, 2012
    One of the things that worries me most is that I can see both Cuomo and Owe'Malley is a competition for the best "record on gun control". Both have 2016 WH aspirations.

I would not put one-upmanship above MD's dear leader. Actually, hearing his proposals on outright AWB and fingerprinting, etc. I think he may already be there.

This is what I believe is happening. At some point they will decide who is top and who is bottom and then layout their plans for national office.
    Right now they're jockeying for position relative to each other and waiting to see what Hillary Clinton is up to.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV

The way the debt keeps going up, there is going to be much bigger issues going down the road. Sad thing is we throw the British out over a 3% tax increase to bail out a company:mad54:. We already went over the cliff, i'm just waiting to hit bottom, and by then we will be under armed to protect our selfs, cause it looks like Chinas bank is starting to have issues.

Dec 31, 2012
    The way the debt keeps going up, there is going to be much bigger issues going down the road. Sad thing is we throw the British out over a 3% tax increase to bail out a company:mad54:. We already went over the cliff, i'm just waiting to hit bottom, and by then we will be under armed to protect our selfs, cause it looks like Chinas bank is starting to have issues.

It's a long way down..... the bigger they are and all that

5cary

MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    So 3 bullets huh?? What is that going to solve??

Nothing. At all. Ask the woman in GA who shot an intruder 5x. He still got up and ran away.

Hypothetically, with 3 bullets and two perps, she may have been dead. And her kids.

Facts and common sense appear to be getting us nowhere. This is about political posturing. Defending 2A is becoming less of a choice and more of a responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom