• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    1st off, where are you located? 2nd, in my opinion, and the statements on the 96-1, which have helped me get Saigas as unregulated, find the PDF, print it out, and take it to some FFLs who will be honest and be able to get you a Saiga or Vepr, which in my opinion should be unregulated. The Veprs I saw do not have a pistol grip, no flash hider or brake, no bayonet lug, and do not accept high capacity mags. It is missing the evil assaulty features. The Saigas and Veprs "should" be legal for a 19 year old to purchase yourself. Just don't shoot your eye out.

1st off, where are you located? 2nd, in my opinion, and the statements on the 96-1, which have helped me get Saigas as unregulated, find the PDF, print it out, and take it to some FFLs who will be honest and be able to get you a Saiga or Vepr, which in my opinion should be unregulated. The Veprs I saw do not have a pistol grip, no flash hider or brake, no bayonet lug, and do not accept high capacity mags. It is missing the evil assaulty features. The Saigas and Veprs "should" be legal for a 19 year old to purchase yourself. Just don't shoot your eye out.

I have modified 2 veprs for my roomate and his brother to take standard AK mags. All you need is a small grinder from harbor freight for about $11.

Too make the Vepr importable, they make the mag release lever slightly taller, where it won't fit a standard AK mag. All you need to do is grind a few millimeters off at a time, checking the fit after every grind. Once your satisfied with the fit, paint over the grind marks. then install the bullet guide. that's all.

here is a video of the procedure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCeddb4Fx4A

Last edited:

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I have modified 2 veprs for my roomate and his brother to take standard AK mags. All you need is a small grinder from harbor freight for about $11.

Too make the Vepr importable, they make the mag release lever slightly taller, where it won't fit a standard AK mag. All you need to do is grind a few millimeters off at a time, checking the fit after every grind. Once your satisfied with the fit, paint over the grind marks. then install the bullet guide. that's all.

here is a video of the procedure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCeddb4Fx4A

I understand they along with Saigas, can be modified to accept standard AK mags. I am saying it is one of the importable "sporter" characteristics that can help you buy one legally unregulated.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    I am not too worried about Obama (I am worried more on Mitt considering that he was a co-signer for the 94-04 assault weapons ban.)
    :mad54:
    and this is why we have all kinds of BS gun control in this state.

Not worried about Obama? Yet he is the ONE who called for a new AWB - and HE's the one that put TWO ANTI-2nd Admendment Supreame Court Justices on the bench!

Then you blame Mitt for the AWB and called him a "Co-Signer" - What a crock of BS! Mitt was NOT in elected office in 1994!

Pull your head out of your 3rd point of contact and get your facts straight. Voting for Dems keeps getting us MORE AND MORE gun control.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    :mad54:
    and this is why we have all kinds of BS gun control in this state.

Not worried about Obama? Yet he is the ONE who called for a new AWB - and HE's the one that put TWO ANTI-2nd Admendment Supreame Court Justices on the bench!

Then you blame Mitt for the AWB and called him a "Co-Signer" - What a crock of BS! Mitt was NOT in elected office in 1994!

Pull your head out of your 3rd point of contact and get your facts straight. Voting for Dems keeps getting us MORE AND MORE gun control.

Yeah, anyone else think that his comments seemed a little odd for a 19 year old? When I was 19 I didn't know much about politics or the specifics of gun and I especially wouldn't come to a gun friendly website and spout of negatives about the republican party within the first few posts.

Also find it odd that he has parents that are anti gun yet he has personal experience modifying at least two weapons but yet has no knowledge of gun laws in maryland. I would definately take notice before offering any advice to this fella.

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    Yeah, anyone else think that his comments seemed a little odd for a 19 year old? When I was 19 I didn't know much about politics or the specifics of gun and I especially wouldn't come to a gun friendly website and spout of negatives about the republican party within the first few posts.

Also find it odd that he has parents that are anti gun yet he has personal experience modifying at least two weapons but yet has no knowledge of gun laws in maryland. I would definately take notice before offering any advice to this fella.

I would describe my parents as being Kennedy Democrats. Liberals. They bought me my fist rifle and allowed them at home but then I had to pay for things myself. By 19 I had learned the GCA of '68 and NY's laws on self defense and I was getting a pistol permit.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    I would describe my parents as being Kennedy Democrats. Liberals. They bought me my fist rifle and allowed them at home but then I had to pay for things myself. By 19 I had learned the GCA of '68 and NY's laws on self defense and I was getting a pistol permit.

Don't have a problem with democrats. You learned because your parents bought you a rifle and introduced you to the sport. This guy has anti gun parents but yet knows all about guns and is an amateur gunsmith. Just thought that his comments in the order that they were placed seemed rather troll-ish.

Edit: And looking at this thread that he created http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=93633 I really believe it now.

Don't have a problem with democrats. You learned because your parents bought you a rifle and introduced you to the sport. This guy has anti gun parents but yet knows all about guns and is an amateur gunsmith. Just thought that his comments in the order that they were placed seemed rather troll-ish.

Edit: And looking at this thread that he created http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=93633 I really believe it now.

Well, sportstud, I have had a hard time believing Romney being pro-gun. I made the mistake of saying he co signed the FEDERAL awb. I was wrong. It was the Massachusetts awb which he signed (which won't expire there). Also when I made the remark of saying I didn't give too much concern about Obama. That was before I found out about his statements following the debate. Now I've become uneasy with him, all the more to rush buying a VEPR.

Not try to act like a troll, just looking for advice. It happens that I like to read to be an informed person in society. I am not sure what you were doing when you were 19...

As for the article I posted, I found it amusing to how we all panicked in 08' over Obama, and it turns out nothing happen... yet. Congress is still bitching over how many vacation days to take. If you read the article, which you most likely didn't, you understand that Obama had indirectly opposed himself.... kind of ironic.

As for my "amateur gunsmith" skills, I wouldn't even call it that. Just use a few cheap tools for easy mods I learned online. Nothing complex. I used to live in Chantily, Virginia, which is why I had poor knowledge of this states gun laws. Now I go to college at UMD off campus. No ulterior motives here.

Heres some food for thought: In July 2004, then-Governor Romney signed legislation into law that made Massachusetts' assault weapons ban permanent and not reliant on a federal ban that expired at the end of 2004. The state issued a press release at the time, in which Romney described assault weapons as "instruments of destruction with the sole purpose of hunting down and killing people."

here is a link to the press release where I got it from right here (read first and second paragraph):http://web.archive.org/web/20040804033123/http:/www.mass.gov/portal/govPR.jsp?gov_pr=gov_pr_040701_assault_weapons_ban.xml

I am not bashing on the republican party in any of my reply's or posts. What I am concluding to is that we have no real pro gun candidate. Who the HELL can I vote for this November?

FYI: My weapons background knowledge comes from my HS friends parents, who were avid shooters because my parents refused to take me to the range themselves (for the obvious reasons that you know). So I went to ranges with my buddie's dad, and learned about firearm mechanisms from him.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Fellers lets try not to turn this thing political. Anyways his argument holds water. I first "found" guns when I was about 16 and studying auto mechanics in high school. The machinery and knowledge necessary to make them function intrigued me. By 17 I could explain what MOA and match ammo was. Now I can do a buncha other stuff concerning firearms.

Fellers lets try not to turn this thing political. Anyways his argument holds water. I first "found" guns when I was about 16 and studying auto mechanics in high school. The machinery and knowledge necessary to make them function intrigued me. By 17 I could explain what MOA and match ammo was. Now I can do a buncha other stuff concerning firearms.

Well we have something in common, I also am into mechanics too. Not a pro, just shadetree stuff. Also alarms/remote start and car audio.

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    .It was the Massachusetts awb which he signed (which won't expire there).
    MA already had an AWB the bill he signed just reiterated it while giving gun owners some other relief.

As for the article I posted, I found it amusing to how we all panicked in 08' over Obama, and it turns out nothing happen... yet.
    If you call Fast & Furious (and the other 2 gun runnig program) "Nothing" (and they DID try to use the 'US guns in Mexico so we need another AWB' ploy. Also the appointment of 2 anti-gun justices on the Supream Court. If he makes a 3rd appoinment I predict Heller & McDonald will be overturned or weakened in future cases.

Heres some food for thought: In July 2004, then-Governor Romney signed legislation into law that made Massachusetts' assault weapons ban permanent and not reliant on a federal ban that expired at the end of 2004.
    Here is moe food for thought:

Romney was in a VERY blue state and the law made permanent what MA had already passed.
    Romney has also stated he IS NOT interested in a Federal AWB (unlike Obama) as current Federal laws are enough.
    Romeny is infinately more likely to put pro-2nd admendment Justices on the Supreame Court - that alone makes voting for Romnehy an imperitive for Gun Owners.

MA already had an AWB the bill he signed just reiterated it while giving gun owners some other relief.

If you call Fast & Furious (and the other 2 gun runnig program) "Nothing" (and they DID try to use the 'US guns in Mexico so we need another AWB' ploy. Also the appointment of 2 anti-gun justices on the Supream Court. If he makes a 3rd appoinment I predict Heller & McDonald will be overturned or weakened in future cases.

Here is moe food for thought:

Romney was in a VERY blue state and the law made permanent what MA had already passed.
    Romney has also stated he IS NOT interested in a Federal AWB (unlike Obama) as current Federal laws are enough.
    Romney is infinitely more likely to put pro-2nd amendment Justices on the Supreme Court - that alone makes voting for Romney an imperative for Gun Owners.

So how many pro gun justices are in?

The MA awb is the same federal awb. just that it won't expire, according to the PR.

as for the article, I can remember everyone saying that we would lose our guns if he got elected. No gun fed gun restrictions happened (unless I am missing something here. Did Obama give a crap or was he waiting to pounce on his second term.... probably

one thing that has been bothering me with Romney is that he called assault weapons (liked my precious AK) "are only used to hunt down and kill people." Has he changed his mind since 8 years ago? or is it rhetoric? IDK.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Give it up. You wont change anyone minds here.

Romney (despite his previous record) is PRO 2A so dont question it. It was in a Democratic state so he HAD to pass laws.

Meanwhile...another candidate was in a Democratic state...vetoed just under 1,000 bills....and was elected to a second term.

But dont focus on that...focus on how much Romney is Pro-2A...you know cause the NRA says so...and stuff.

Romney flipped-floppity like a pancake.

I will submit that he's likely the "better" 2A candidate...however his track record sucks. And that means more to me then recent statements during an election term.

Dispite the fin foil....Obummer hasnt done anything to change our current 2A status. He has had plenty of national news events to do it and hasnt.

Oh sorry...off track...Romney 2012 or you lose you guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tharper429

Latest threads

Top Bottom