• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • well im leaving the great state of the bullet button and heading east on the 27th. im from michigan,got a job for the last five years in ca,then relocating to pax for the duration.
    questions, i have a few norinco nhm-91s(long barrel aks) are they legal in md without registration? and is max mag capacity 20rounds for all detatchable mags? is there any ranges with 600+ yard capacity here? do you have wild pigs, or am i stuck filtering the neighbors cat heard? and last but not least whitetail deer right? bear? cuz im hungry for some vennison!

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    More deer than you could kill in a lifetime, unless of course you're driving on Rt 50 between Annapolis and Bowie where the deer strikes make that road look like something from The Killing Fields.

Welcome aboard!

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome. You cannot purchase any mags over 20 rounds in MD, but you CAN possess them. Just go over to VA and get yourself some 30 rounders for your AR. Registration of your firearms is voluntary.
    Others will come along to answer your other questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md
    Don't need to register your firearms. You can only buy sell trade or otherwise transfer 20 round mags or less inside of Md. It is perfectly legal to obtain them outside of our boarders and bring higher capacity into the state. Just don't give them to anyone while you are here. What part of Md will you be staying?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      40.9 KB · Views: 422

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Man! Leaving one communist state for another. That's sad. The only 600yd ranges I know of in Maryland are at Ft. Meade and Ft. Hill. There are good ranges within about 2-2.5 hrs. from where I live in central Md.. Quantico Va. , New Holland Pa. and Bridgeville Delaware. Lots of deer but hard to find a decent place to hunt. I stopped hunting public land because of too many stupid people there. No hogs but some limited Black Bear hunting. Anyways, welcome.

well i will try and find a place close to pax river naval air station, maybe as far out as mechanicsville or st somthing acrossed the bridge. but i think i dont want to deal with the bridges traffic on the daily. actually insight on where i should live would be great! safe non ghetto areas preffered, no neighbors is best.

the 600yard isnt manditory, i will just sell my bench guns. i dont like too much public land drama either. i was living smack dab in the middle of the desert, so tasty animals and rain are what i really crave!
    i do want to thank you all for welcoming me and answering my questions.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Welcome to the forum from a Southern Marland Native. AKA SMIB!

To answer a few of your questions. No public/club ranges over 100 yards in Southern Maryland. Yes we have plenty of Deer and lots of public hunting land.

Send me a PM when you get into town for a tour.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT]

kohburn

Resident MacGyver
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2008
    PAX NAS / CP MCAS
    well i will try and find a place close to pax river naval air station, maybe as far out as mechanicsville or st somthing acrossed the bridge. but i think i dont want to deal with the bridges traffic on the daily. actually insight on where i should live would be great! safe non ghetto areas preffered, no neighbors is best.

the vasy majority of the time the "bridge traffic" is on 235 before you get to rt 4 and clears up once you get past the merge.

I've been doing it since 2004 with no regrets. I get to see some pretty amazing sunrises and sunsets during my daily commute.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville if you shop carefully you can find a home within 1/2hr of Pax where you can shoot in the yard. I have had a 30cal Browning on my back deck. Well settle in with some sweet lemonade (official beverage) and enjoy the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom