• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Shooting / hunting partner #2 thinks highly of his USP .45 . Using it ( stock) , to me it is perfectly adaquate .

I'm happy , that he's happy , but as good as it was , it wasn't Extra Special enough for the $$ to me .

But I do love my old school SIG , and it Was worth the $$ to me .

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    I am not a fan of H&K pistols or rifles. I've tried a Mk23, USP, HK45, And their 7.62 and 5.56 offerings.

My impressions

The pistols seem top heavy and recoil is amplified, I HATE that mag release. I have big hands but it's too far away for my thumb, too close for my trigger finger so the only way I can get it reliably is with my offhand thumb but with a high and tight grip it pinches my index finger

The rifles are heavy, and the ergos are pretty meh.

Personally, Id rather carry a Glock or a 92fs, and I don't like either of those.

H&K ARE accurate and reliable. But I can get that with just about any decent handgun or AR rifle now-a-days.

Last edited:

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    I'm a fan. I carry a P30SK the majority of the year. Depending on the backstrap installed, their SKs can easily be the fat bottomed girls of the carry world.

P30SK.jpg

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    The H&K4 (in .380) on top. Older cousin, Mauser HSC ( .32acp ) on the bottom

On the hunt for the .22lr-.25acp-.32acp barrels/spring & mags

Attachments

• IMG_20230401_200441.jpg
      IMG_20230401_200441.jpg
      213.2 KB · Views: 81

gungate

NRA Patron Member
    Apr 5, 2012
    Damascus. MD
    Nice! The 1970 Volkspistole 3-rd busrt nice (the Z lacks the 3-round burst ability). Would enjoying seeing a VP 70 Z some day.

There are a couple transferrable VP70m's out there but not many. This was my first firearm ever.

VP70z
    1st polymer pistol (suck it, Glock!).
    Sidearm of the Colonial Marines (Aliens).
    Double-action only so it'll wear you out after a few mags.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    I am thinking of an H&K USC. Anyone have one? I want a carbine and it is between the USC and Kriss Vector.

USC_Left_Web.jpg

KV_G2_CRB_BK_PL.jpg
    I have the USC and it is fun to fool around with, but its not a good gun to put into service. Also not easy to accessorize. The cost is also a bit steep.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I like the older HK stuff.
    I still carry the USP45 on a regular basis. Sometimes the tactical or the USP compacts when the weather or cover garments allow it.

I do not like the newer offerings. Not a fan of the finger groves and Batman style texturing.

The USP is an awesome pistol. But a dated design. My older eyes require me to cheat with red dot sights. Milling the slide on the USP is somewhat unthinkable. So the USP slowly became a safe queen, replaced with the Walther pdp or glocks.

But, theyre up there with the legendary 1911s, 92FS, P226 etc.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I like the older HK stuff.
    I still carry the USP45 on a regular basis. Sometimes the tactical or the USP compacts when the weather or cover garments allow it.

I do not like the newer offerings. Not a fan of the finger groves and Batman style texturing.

The USP is an awesome pistol. But a dated design. My older eyes require me to cheat with red dot sights. Milling the slide on the USP is somewhat unthinkable. So the USP slowly became a safe queen, replaced with the Walther pdp or glocks.

But, theyre up there with the legendary 1911s, 92FS, P226 etc.
    CZ 75?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom