• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Even Gary Slider doesn't know.

In all honesty I have seen more Gunbuster signs in TN than I have in MD. The only one I have seen around here was a BB&T Bank branch in the same office building of an attorney we use by Columbia Mall.

Ironically I occasionally do business with the BB&T in Elkridge and the last time I was in there they were not posted. Manager's discretion perhaps.....

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I guess they saw the writing on the wall with Hogans election :)

Does the 'Centre' sell anything that is worth putting up with a mall and the 'mall people' for ?

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    i honestly cannot remember last time i was at the center

(its called center at salisbury btw, the mall was torn down :) )

Yes, I know. It was just easier to type Mall. They can call it what they want. It's still a mall.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Right but according to the county sheriff, people still have the right to CCW on private property that is generally open to the public so who wins? :shrug:

Mike Lewis keep it up. Great to have him as a sheriff in Wicomico County. State's Attorney is a gun guy also.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Not working out to well right now. Mall is on lock down. Natives are acting up.

Here:
    http://sbynews.blogspot.com/2015/01/major-issue-at-mall-in-salisbury.html

Wicomico First Alert
    Yesterday at 5:03pm · Edited ·
    *Police Alert*
    UPDATE: 8:57 pm | Police still on location. Still an active scene, but situation appears to be under control.
    UPDATE: We have received reports that several businesses around the mall are going on lockdown, this includes Applebee's.
    UPDATE: Centre at Salisbury is now on lockdown. K9 on scene. Peppers spray deployed.
    UPDATE: Police requesting EMS to the scene. Salisbury PD, Maryland State Police, Sheriff's Office on location.
    UPDATE: "Bean squad" to the scene. Officers may deploy beanbag guns.
    UPDATE: Fire department requested.
    UPDATE: This has spread to multiple locations outside the mall. AVOID the mall!
    UPDATE: Now reports of people jumping on and vandalizing cars near Dick's.
    UPDATE: More police units responding.
    UPDATE: Groups of people are now located at Longhorne, Olive Garden, Hallmark, Regal, and Dick's.
    UPDATE: Cars have collided in front of Macy's.

Centre at Salisbury

30-40 people causing a disturbance between Sears and Boscovs.
    People throwing things at security guards.
    Police units running lights. Responding priority.
    217 Likes · 389 Comments

One report said the cops were chasing someone who had an open warrant. I wonder what got the crowd all jacked up? Besides their hatred of cops. :sad20:

md123

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    I just can't believe that people are stupid enough to find comfort in a plastic sticker.

So lunatics like this one are going to see the sign and turn around with their bag of guns when they see the sticker? :banghead:

co.jpg

Did anyone ever get a count of the number of disarmed military, police or competitive shooters in that Colorado movie theater? There must have been at least a few. Especially given the movie (Batman Dark Knight IIRC).

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    "According to the Centre at Salisbury, "possession of any weapon, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of the shopping center's policy."

I love the fact that someone feels safer with that sign being posted. Can you imagine some psycho waking up and deciding to shoot up Salisbury mall, getting all ready with his high caliber assault rifle and high capacity clips, and when he gets to the door he sees the sign. I'm sure he'll just say "Aw, man!", turn around go back to his mom's basement.

Without boring everyone with a lot of departmentally specific details, I'll say that sometimes it does apply and sometimes it doesn't. The biggest answer seems to be that if someone lawfully in charge of private property tells you to leave, you pretty much have to leave unless you're there in an official capacity with the proper paperwork.

I am not aware of anything in Maryland law that would say otherwise. My understanding is that they can ask you to leave. If you do not, you are trespassing.

The 2A restrains the govt, not private property owners. Your 2A rights stop at the Mall entrance.

It's like MDS. It's privately owned, therefore they make the rules.

THIS.

This is a VERY important point and one that turns a lot of 2A advocates into hypocrites. If we are going to ask that people recognize 2A Rights, we need to be aware of the rest of the Constitution. On private property, their house, their rules. If you don't respect that, you are ignoring another natural right because you erroneously feel that the 2A trumps everything.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The Founding Fathers considered private property rights to be as important as the RKBA. To whit the 5th amendment:

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
    To a lesser extent the 9th and 10A address it as well. Can't be for one and not the others, unless as Teratos pointed out, being a hypocrite is something you can embrace. I don't think most of us here can abide that.

Last edited:

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    The nut rob that gunned down people in Aurora CO pased up on three much closer movie theaters and hit the only one with prominent " No Guns Allowed" sign.

If someone puts up a sign like that as I saw when living in Maine with a CCW, law or no law I will honor it. Of course I also won't do business the said "Victim Enablement Zone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom