• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo

I love that site, what must have been a few MDS members have posted about my business on there. :thumbsup:

Dottrio, LLC - Public Adjusters - Insurance Appraisers
    Laurel, MD, United States
    Review(s):

by Anonymous
    Business is hosting a recreational shooting event for clients. Strong supporter of Gun Rights.

by Anonymous
    This business supports the Second Amendment.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    "According to the Centre at Salisbury, "possession of any weapon, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of the shopping center's policy."

Right but according to the county sheriff, people still have the right to CCW on private property that is generally open to the public so who wins? :shrug:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Boy I'd like to see his cite for that opinion. restaurants can prohibit service to folks for no shirt or shoes. what's the difference?

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Boy I'd like to see his cite for that opinion. restaurants can prohibit service to folks for no shirt or shoes. what's the difference?

You don't have a constitutional right to wear a shirt and shoes :innocent0

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    "According to the Centre at Salisbury, "possession of any weapon, whether concealed or displayed openly, is in violation of the shopping center's policy."

Who really loses sleep at night from violating some idiotic company's policy? If I had a CC permit, I doubt it'd even be worth the trip back to the car to stow my piece if that stupid sign caught my eye on the way in. If some mall security guard DID notice my CC weapon, I wasn't doing a very good job of concealing it and would politely leave when asked to do so.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    It's their easily ignored policy.

Kinda hard to not see a shirtless/shoeless person.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Who really loses sleep at night from violating some idiotic company's policy? If I had a CC permit, I doubt it'd even be worth the trip back to the car to stow my piece if that stupid sign caught my eye on the way in. If some mall security guard DID notice my CC weapon, I wasn't doing a very good job of concealing it and would politely leave when asked to do so.

100% agreed. Your policy vs. My family's safety while I give you my hard earned $$$$. Easy choice, in my book my family's safety trumps your silly policy and if I was asked to leave I would gladly do so and take my hard earned money elsewhere. If you really want me to respect your private property rights don't run a business that allows the general public to walk in.

Just my .02

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Without boring everyone with a lot of departmentally specific details, I'll say that sometimes it does apply and sometimes it doesn't. The biggest answer seems to be that if someone lawfully in charge of private property tells you to leave, you pretty much have to leave unless you're there in an official capacity with the proper paperwork.

So it sounds like MD doesn't have a rule on the books, which means you can ignore the sign, but if you are asked in person it is your responsibility to leave or be charged with trespassing? As I understand it that is how it's treated in Texas if they have a "no guns" sign that doesn't meet the 30.06 specifications.

On a side note, I love the irony how the law number for a firearm works out to be "thirty aught six."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom