• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Heard from nephew that this Salisbury crap was alot of hood stuff converging.

Incident at Centre with him busting a few for firearms stuff, an attempted carjack/robbery and MSP had stop and bail out/runner all in the same area around the same time.

Salisbury ain't Mayberry anymore.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I wonder what the sheriff's orders are to his LEO's if the mall requests an individual leave because they are armed and refuses to leave in violation of the sign? So in his mind the 2A trumps the mall owner's property rights?

Interesting

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    They have had that rule in their "Mall rules" sign for at least 6 years now. Same with the movie theater. Funny though, when I was a CCW holder, they never asked me to leave, maybe it was because they could not see it to tell me it was against the rules? If asked to leave, I would have.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    that would be my plan. It's a personal decision whether to obey the sign or not. Even in states where signs don't have the force of law, if you don't comply with an order to leave a property, a trespass charge can be brought against you.

So the sheriff thinks your right to carry trumps the owner's property rights?

wow.

As I said, very interesting perspective there.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Salisbury already had a shooting in that mall years ago. Natives didn't like one another.

Signs went up because Bubba bought a rifle at Dicks an then went to the food court. Thus, scarring the asshats that retired from the Western Shore :sad20:

As for Salisbury not being Mayberry. That ended as soon as ECI started releasing their tenants in Salisbury. For the services the cons needed.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I wonder what the sheriff's orders are to his LEO's if the mall requests an individual leave because they are armed and refuses to leave in violation of the sign? So in his mind the 2A trumps the mall owner's property rights?

Interesting

Property rights are limited when the property is open to the public.
    You could not put up a sign that said "no whites" or "no heterosexuals" for instance.

So is there a difference between "no skateboards" and "no guns"?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    But discrimination based on race is illegal. Racial groups are protected class. Discrimination based on race is illegal. Banning guns and skateboards is not.

Restaurants won't serve you with no shoes or no shirt. Is the restaurant discriminating? Yes, but not based on race, so legal

Last edited:

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Living or working in Salisbury SHOULD be an automatic "good and substantial reason" for a carry permit. It is consistently ranked as one of the most dangerous cities in the US. And for good reason: thugs arrested in Baltimore and elsewhere are sent to the prison just south of there, but released at the gate when the term is complete. Essentially, MD is practicing a catch and release program, with the release part populating the lower Shore with the worst of the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom