• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Gorsuch is a Supreme Court Justice. A lower court cannot override if he gets to issue an injunction.

I'm talking about several of Trump's EOs which were "vetoed" within hours by obscure judges out in the boondocks. The dems can override a President, but the Republicans can only issue statements, call hearings, and perhaps file some papers in some court somewhere which may or not be ruled on in five or eight years.

I'm suggesting this blatant tyranny should be struck down within hours, if not sooner, and it shouldn't require a Supreme Court Justice to do it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The news media is trying to portray the NM governor trying to move the debate about "gun violence"

If she wants to govern that way, she needs to rob banks in order to have budgetary/financial discussions.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Chatting with a friend who lives in ABQ. She (the gov) doesn’t seem to be willing to back down. She assured us that if every governor did this, it would “slow down the violence.”

He says she’s plainly an idiot and it’s not selling well with anyone he knows.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    And then there’s this. The day after her majesty’s order went into effect. Ha! This isn’t far from where I work but it happened in part of the area that this is supposed to help. I doubt they will learn anything from this failed experiment.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    at less one sheriff and the APD have issued statements to the effect that they are NOT going to enforce this.

both said that the gov said the state level would enforce. And their officers were not to bother unless something else was involved.

letters quoted on the FPC Twitter page

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    She's a raving looney. She has to authority to govern by decree. The sheriffs should flat out say that, rther than make timid statements about not enforcing the decree.

They should arrest her.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    That I have a problem with. Prisons should not be run by for-profit businesses.

They should also reform people. I think if people, particularly younger offenders, were sentenced to a trade or degree and their record expunged after completion we would cut recidivism tremendously.
    Keep the trades out of this. Put them in the medical. I'm not taking on their liability!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Maybe it is time to repeal the 19th amendment. It seems to have brought about the destruction of the country.
    Some of the ones that altered the course of our history, perhaps not for the better:

17th, providing for direct election of senators, is what made the big cities able to overrule the rest of the country,. Formerly the US senators were selected by the individual state legislatures, which were more representative of the entire state. This is why NY, for example, is saddled with the likes of Schumer, and lets NYC rule the entire state.

16th, establishing the federal income tax, provides a huge tranche of cash to be divvied up by the incorruptible denizens of the Swamp, and feeds the metastasizing carcinoma of a Government no longer subservient to those who pay for it.

12th, which allows the POTUS and VP to be elected on the same ticket instead of the VP being the candidate who came in 2nd, denies us the pleasure of having Trump as VP for Biden (assuming a fair election) or Hillary as Trump's VP. Would make for much more interesting politics in DC, and certainly make for a far more inefficient government, which would benefit the nation, if not the political party system.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I would argue that Reynolds v. Sims is the more of the cause of your issue than the 17th amendment.

In your example, the Democrats have a veto proof majority in the NY Senate so there is no reason to think they'd elect a Republican to represent the minority party.

Reynolds v Sims eliminated the idea that legislative districts could be things like counties or could be based on anything other than population.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Once the lights came on, the Left started to scatter like cockroaches.

The Associated Press noted that D.A. Bregman stood against the ban on Saturday, explaining that he will not enforce it: ““As an officer of the court, I cannot and will not enforce something that is clearly unconstitutional.”

He added, “This office will continue to focus on criminals of any age that use guns in the commission of a crime.”

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Even CA rep Ted Leiu and David Hogg are calling her out
    What's their end game though?

You know they secretly have thought about doing this.

Did she do it too soon? Didn't use big enough bait?

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    What's their end game though?
    They know this is a glaring, clumsy, high visibility over-reach that will blow back on both the 2A topic specifically and the left's wider longing to dispense with the constitution generally. They have correctly surmised that video of her posturing on this will be back to haunt the Ds during the upcoming election season, and that if they're not seen trying to talk her back down from the ledge, they'll be seen as endorsing it - which undermines all of their pretenses of "we're just here for the common sense stuff" theater. As the left so reliably does, she overplayed her hand and they know it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom