• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    3 months and counting, Nothing yet. Applied in Totawa 7/12

Check your money order, you did keep the receipt, right? If it’s cashed, it’s at the court.

Passaic county is usually pretty good. The biggest hold up is usually out of state mental health. Especially if it’s from NY City.

Aug 22, 2022
    NYC
    Check your money order, you did keep the receipt, right? If it’s cashed, it’s at the court.

Passaic county is usually pretty good. The biggest hold up is usually out of state mental health. Especially if it’s from NY City.
    I did keep the receipt and have been tracking it, still uncashed. I have read somewhere that it goes to a Trenton court since its out of state, I don't really know. When I dropped off the application the officer said if the mental health check was extensively delayed that would forward the application without it. He also said that references would not be contacted, which I found odd.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I did keep the receipt and have been tracking it, still uncashed. I have read somewhere that it goes to a Trenton court since its out of state, I don't really know. When I dropped off the application the officer said if the mental health check was extensively delayed that would forward the application without it. He also said that references would not be contacted, which I found odd.

It still goes to the county where the state police barracks is. Money order not cashed means the court hasn’t processed it yet.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    After reading through this entire thread, one thing I’ve figured out is that I just won’t go to New Jersey.

Less time, money, and effort to simply avoid it. :D

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    After reading through this entire thread, one thing I’ve figured out is that I just won’t go to New Jersey.

Less time, money, and effort to simply avoid it. :D
    You pretty much won't be able to carry here anyway, even with a permit.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    Looks like clandestine may be picking up his permit soon. I saw some issued in Salem with the same hearing date as his.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Looks like clandestine may be picking up his permit soon. I saw some issued in Salem with the same hearing date as his.

At this point it should be mailed. This process is beyond compare. I guess picking up in person, the Clandestines’ can get sworn in as police auxiliary officers. Otherwise mail the permit!!

Sent from an undisclosed location.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    At this point it should be mailed. This process is beyond compare. I guess picking up in person, the Clandestines’ can get sworn in as police auxiliary officers. Otherwise mail the permit!!

Most other states would only require 1 trip, either to drop off the paperwork or pickup the permit.

This NJ process deserves a lawsuit.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

It should be but it isn’t. They really don’t care about nonresidents in the first place and residents just have a small walk or drive to the station or court and the state treats us like sh*T anyway.

But with the new bill in the legislature you’re actually going to get an e-permit via email instead. You won’t be able to actually carry anywhere but you’ll have a wonderful opportunity to hand over your phone to law enforcement when you get pulled over.

But if you think this is bad, try NYC. I went through that process as a resident years ago. NYPD license division sat on my app for almost a year.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I was shocked at how primitive the permit is. Looks like it’s printed in MS Paint by a 7 year old. I’m very happy to have it, though.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    My local county court has basically halted all permit processing pending the new law, A4769. A few people have called and the court has told them that. Really frustrating.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I suspect they won't sit on them "forever" just a really long time. The new legislation puts the approval back to the police chief and not the courts anymore. The courts can't wait to get rid of that responsibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom