• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    The Republican Party has been subverted, too. Look at Boner. John Kennedy today would be considered far right.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    With all these folks going to the dark side, Owemalley just might say, "hey look, since I introduced the new gun legislation, x many people have switched to democrat. That proves they love and agree with what I am proposing."

Just saying.....

Ya, that's all good until he starts losing in primaries to more conservative opponents. While they might never be full on conservatives opponents, they could be considerably less agenda driven than MOM and his lackey's.

M

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Did it, by Gum!

I am now a Registered member of the Evil Party! The Party of Old Hickory: of Rum, Romanism, and Rebellion!

Dang, why do I have this sudden urge to go out and rig an election?

PvtHike

Jul 24, 2012
    I did it. Now I just need to keep humming the James Bond theme to myself to make me feel better.

Auckland

Get On My Horse
    Apr 6, 2008
    The Dena
    Just because you register dem does not make you one. I've been independent since 18. It has done me no good in this state. It even keeps me from voting in the primary's. I can't wait until I get a letter or phone call from the party. I'll be happy to tell them I did it just to vote against them.

Dec 31, 2012
    If it helps, try thinking about becoming a "Blue Dog" Democrat - the "sounds great, how are we gonna pay for it" wing of the party. I was represented by a Blue Dog for years growing up in TN, and honestly, his positions made more sense than the Republican challenger's a lot of the time.

Blue Dogs are generally fiscally conservative classical liberals - in favor of human and civil rights (including 2A), skeptical of handouts (but pragmatically acknowledging that some form of safety net probably ought to exist), and tending towards social moderation by recognizing both the virtues of the traditional family and social structures but also the fact that we don't live in a perfect world and sometimes other people's decisions make more of an impact on your situation than your own do (such as the single mom whose husband left her and the baby for the office secretary).

I'm registered unaffiliated, and I've been sorely tempted to change registration to Democrat just to support the Blue Dogs, even though it's almost more of a wasted vote than voting R a lot of times.

Blue Dog's are unfortunately rare. I'd like there to be a party of BD instead of multiple parties of BS. Until then I keep the unaffiliated tag.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    I am proud to say that President Reagan was the first President I ever voter for in 1984. But this is survival.

Well, geez! Just how many Presidents did you vote for in 1984? ;)

Blue Dog's are unfortunately rare. I'd like there to be a party of BD instead of multiple parties of BS. Until then I keep the unaffiliated tag.

I think it'd be fantastic if the USA and Maryland used a "proportional representation" system instead of a "winner-take-all" system. That is, each electoral area (Maryland as a whole for the Congress, regions for the GA) votes for whatever parties they like, and the percentages are used to determine how many representatives they get. This would remove the stranglehold that the two sour parties have.

For instance, say Maryland's House election came down 50% Orange, 37% Green, and 13% Blue. That would mean the delegation would be composed of four Orange Representatives, three Green, and one Blue. No gerrymandering, no shutting out third parties, and less one-party rule.

EDIT: I always make it a point to tell Democratic GA members that I am a (genuine) Democrat, and I point out that gun control is no solution at all, and definitely not the kind of progressive solution that will really make a difference. I doubt many of the C.H.A.O.S. operatives could bring themselves to go so far as endorsing liberal answers.
    JOBEc.gif

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    When writing and e-mailing the Democratic politicians I always mention I am a registered Democrat and I vote in every election. I just don't mention that I never vote for them.

bobnieder

S&W Fan
    May 1, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    When my parents moved to Maryland from Pittsburgh, PA back in 1948-1954 (we were back and forth until they bought a home in West Severna Park), one of the first things they did was to register as Democrats -- "So we could vote against the crooks twice". Unfortunately, my Mom bought into the whole liberal Democratic agenda, but my Dad remained a conservative his whole life. It looks like it is time for me to take a page out of my Dad's book, and change "official" party affiliation, although I admit, my skin crawls at the thought.

So, for you lurking folks, be on notice, there's one more (two if my wife joins me -- and I think she will) vote against any anti-2A candidate on the Democratic primary ballot. (That will make any temporary squeamishness worth it!)

Dec 31, 2012
    Unfortunately the problem with this idea is that there is simply not the numbers to do it. I've heard the plan floated many times before in different circles and always the result is the same, a few dozen convert and nothing changes. You'd have to take this idea statewide to make an impact. The few of us are not enough. If you're serious about this then you need to talk your big R friends into doing the same. Inertia of the idea is key. Get enough people past the tipping point and it will roll on it's own.
    If you are on other boards suggest the idea whether they be pro gun boards or not.

I've rethought my position and will give up my unaffiliated status despite there not being any 'blue dogs' to speak of.

To those who just can't bring themselves to change, well, continue being minions of the rigid two party system.

Republicans are red.
    Democrats are blue.
    Neither one of them
    gives a **** about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads