• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I've been a member of mdshooters for about a year, but this is my first posting.

Since Maryland is a blue state, I believe that most Democrat politicians feel they are free to ignore gun owners since their only real challenge is in the primary. If we want to survive, we need to change that. Here is a copy of a letter I just sent to all Senators and Delegates.

---
    Dear XXX,

I am a newly registered Democrat, having previously been a registered Republican for many years. I am writing you today on the issue of gun control. Maryland already has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, and I would strongly oppose any new laws which infringe on my right to protect myself and my family. In the general and primary elections, I will support candidates for office that respect the civil right of self defense. If you are undecided on the issue of gun control, I ask you to keep an open mind during the upcoming debate.

Thank you for your time.

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick
    That is evil genius. FWIW a vote as a Republican really doesn't matter in this state anyways.

I've been a member of mdshooters for about a year, but this is my first posting.

Since Maryland is a blue state, I believe that most Democrat politicians feel they are free to ignore gun owners since their only real challenge is in the primary. If we want to survive, we need to change that. Here is a copy of a letter I just sent to all Senators and Delegates.

---
    Dear XXX,

I am a newly registered Democrat, having previously been a registered Republican for many years. I am writing you today on the issue of gun control. Maryland already has some of the most restrictive gun control laws in the country, and I would strongly oppose any new laws which infringe on my right to protect myself and my family. In the general and primary elections, I will support candidates for office that respect the civil right of self defense. If you are undecided on the issue of gun control, I ask you to keep an open mind during the upcoming debate.

Thank you for your time.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I posted a thread about doing this a while back.

It may well be our best strategy, in this one-party state.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    It's us registered Dem gun owners that can have the most affect..... our elected "leaders" don't give two craps about Republicans or their opinions. But a pro-gun Democrat holds some sway. Insurrection from within!

Good idea dude!

win296

Jun 15, 2012
    Baltimore
    I think you can do it on line. If not I bet at the MVA. We could really,really stick it to them. I'm just not sure I could sleep at night knowing I'm a DEM! Id be waiting for Pres.Reagan to haunt me.

I am proud to say that President Reagan was the first President I ever voter for in 1984. But this is survival.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I changed to Damocrat many years ago just so I could vote against the worst liberals in the primary elections. You can still vote for whoever you really want in the general election. They also waste their money asking me for donations.

Blacksmith101

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Been doing this for years, and in my missives to the general assembly make note of being a registered Democrat. Telling them you're a recent convert might just tip your hand.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Put the fear of voters in them. If you are a registered independent change to register as Democrat so you can vote against them in the primaries. If you are registered Republican think about doing the same thing. I am neither Democrat nor Republican I AM A CONSERVATIVE and I will register and vote any way I can to further the conservative cause.

They don't like it when the "party Faithful" don't like what they are doing unhappy party members rock the boat.

Blacksmith101

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom