• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gyokusai

Jan 11, 2013
    Annapolis
    The purpose of chrome guns is to make the blued ones easier for us to buy.
    Can I get my next motorcycle powdercoated grey?

As for the OP, look at the Mosin–Nagant, and put in for the C&R FFL.

Eyes of the beholder. That said, with so many black/blued guns in a collection, seeing a chrome toy is a nice change of scenery every once in a while. ;)

chappy444

Feb 15, 2013
    Fallston gun and pawn on RT 1 in harford county had two or three on the shelf a few weeks ago. they were consignments and the guy wanted $1700 each for them. i didn't even bother looking at them so i couldn't tell you much about them other than they had wood stocks... maybe it will help someone

m4strmind

Nov 14, 2006
    not rolling eyes at all.

i would recomend waiting a year or so.

i bought an wasr about 4-5 years ago for about $450. 1600-2k sounds rediculous.

around the same time a buddy of mine picked up a sks for $200. a sks is a great gun as well and shoots the same ammo.

i personally dont think prices will stay this high.

if they do go back down im prob going to buy a few spairs myself.

of course if you do wait you run the risk of a ban of some sort that would make the specific features you want unavailable.

is it worth 2k for a pistol grip? i think not.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    Get an sks

:thumbsup: This is about as AK style as you can get for under $500.

If you really must have an AK-47, checkout the WASR-10. You might be able to find one under $1,500.

Good luck in your quest and post a pic when you buy it. :)

4095fanatic

Paramagic
    Dec 3, 2010
    Welcome aboard... I second the SKS suggestion. Prices have gone up a wee bit from a few years ago, but not by much comparatively speaking. A good condition SKS can be found easily for $500, maybe a bit less if you shop around... AK's I've seen have been priced at least double what they're worth, easily a grand or more for a firearm which several years ago cost $400-600.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    I just wanted to give everyone an update (if you care). I was able to pick up a Century Arms WASR 10/63 on consignment at a local shop. While it was not my first choice, it had never been fired and did not have a lot of the problems that I've read about. I recently fired it for the first time over the weekend and even without adjusting the sights it seems to be fairly accurate as well. Thanks for all the information, guys!

vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    I just wanted to give everyone an update (if you care). I was able to pick up a Century Arms WASR 10/63 on consignment at a local shop. While it was not my first choice, it had never been fired and did not have a lot of the problems that I've read about. I recently fired it for the first time over the weekend and even without adjusting the sights it seems to be fairly accurate as well. Thanks for all the information, guys!

Nice! You'll love your AK. I have had a Romanian SAR for over 10 years now. Everytime I get out to shoot it, I get all giddy :D

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Here she is. Not the prettiest gal on the street, but she's mine.

Attachments

• 20130426_171436.jpg
      20130426_171436.jpg
      96.7 KB · Views: 126

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Congrats!

How much did she set you back and what are the details?

And to think, I was going to suggest a SIG 556R, which are currently cheaper than some Arsenal AK's!!!

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Congrats!

How much did she set you back and what are the details?

And to think, I was going to suggest a SIG 556R, which are currently cheaper than some Arsenal AK's!!!

LOL about double what I saw it for at the gun show on Saturday. It's a Century Arms Romanian WASR 10/63. Sights weren't canted, everything was straight. Had the Tapco trigger in there so no trigger slap or anything. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom