• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Now I know half of you are probably rolling your eyes, but oh well. I'm new to the forum at the suggestion of a coworker. I am looking specifically for an AK-style rifle, preferably in the 7.62x39mm variety. I saw one at Scotts and was hoping to go put money down today but I see that someone has already purchased it :-(

I have checked at all the places around Glen Burnie and nobody seems to have anything for less than around $2,000. Has anybody seen anything that is worth checking out? Thanks in advance. (Mods if this post is in the wrong category, then feel free to move it)

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    Now I know half of you are probably rolling your eyes, but oh well. I'm new to the forum at the suggestion of a coworker. I am looking specifically for an AK-style rifle, preferably in the 7.62x39mm variety. I saw one at Scotts and was hoping to go put money down today but I see that someone has already purchased it :-(

I have checked at all the places around Glen Burnie and nobody seems to have anything for less than around $2,000. Has anybody seen anything that is worth checking out? Thanks in advance. (Mods if this post is in the wrong category, then feel free to move it)

not rolling eyes at all.. Good luck finding one though.. going to be tough.

Out of curiosity.. why the AK style?

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    not rolling eyes at all.. Good luck finding one though.. going to be tough.

Out of curiosity.. why the AK style?

I knew someone would ask. The aesthetics, the reliability, the history, and the soviet ties. I am a huge fan of all things russian.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

There was one or two at Freestate last weekend. Not sure if they were consignment pieces or new ones.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    Don't get me wrong.. people like what they like...

For me it would be like someone asking if they knew where to get a 2WD automatic Jeep with a fixed hardtop.

-_- I would hardly equate an AK to a 2wd jeep. That's just blasphemy.

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    I knew someone would ask. The aesthetics, the reliability, the history, and the soviet ties. I am a huge fan of all things russian.

That's cool, like I said.. to each their own.

I'd look into a Tokarev pistol, or the Rusian PPS, or the PPD 40, or the Mozy nagand (spelling?)

but I'm a history buff and dislike many of the newer designs.

mrbunny

Da Bullet go Boom.
    Feb 4, 2013
    Dundalk.
    -_- I would hardly equate an AK to a 2wd jeep. That's just blasphemy.

not meant as a direct comparison, more one to elaborate on my personal views of the AK.

kinda like a conversation with some friends last night on blued vs Chromed weapons. I don't like Chrome, my buddy was talking about a .45 he has that he says is beautiful. I shrugged and said.. I just done like em. Nothing wrong with it.. just is what it is.

b00sh

Feb 7, 2013
    not meant as a direct comparison, more one to elaborate on my personal views of the AK.

kinda like a conversation with some friends last night on blued vs Chromed weapons. I don't like Chrome, my buddy was talking about a .45 he has that he says is beautiful. I shrugged and said.. I just done like em. Nothing wrong with it.. just is what it is.

I can agree on the chrome. BLECH. One of the nice trends I've noticed in motorcycles is a lot of people moving away from chrome, which is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom