• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zatoichi

Nov 12, 2014
    Hello

I've been lurking for a few months & decided to join. I'm currently in NH but will be moving to Annapolis next year for work. Am a big fan of .22LR handguns & rifles--but due to the ammo shortage have been forced to center fire guns. I'm also a big fan of Eugene Stoner's evil, black rifle in all it's known iterations.

I'm hopeful to gain knowledge here that will avoid "inviting the Man into my life" by inadvertently bringing naughty firearms--legal in NH--but not so in MD....on first glance, MD seems like New Jersey (sans the annoying accent) re: firearms.

Thanks for having me.:D

Jim Sr

R.I.P.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Annapolis MD
    Hello

I've been lurking for a few months & decided to join. I'm currently in NH but will be moving to Annapolis next year for work. Am a big fan of .22LR handguns & rifles--but due to the ammo shortage have been forced to center fire guns. I'm also a big fan of Eugene Stoner's evil, black rifle in all it's known iterations.

I'm hopeful to gain knowledge here that will avoid "inviting the Man into my life" by inadvertently bringing naughty firearms--legal in NH--but not so in MD....on first glance, MD seems like New Jersey (sans the annoying accent) re: firearms.

Thanks for having me.:D

Where in Annapolis?

Jim Sr - Annapolis :D :beer:

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    Welcome!

Check out Anne Arundel Fish and Game as a potential range! You are also welcome to check out all the clubs at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore too!

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!

Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Welcome to the forum from neighboring Crownsville.

Anne Arundel Fish and Game is probably your closest gun range and has a reputation as a pretty decent club

Glenbrook and Stoney Creek aren't that far away either. Stoney Creek has ranges to 200 yds open to all members plus Tuesday night Trap (open to the public)

AGC is always good, too

DelMarVa is great for L-o-o-n-n-g-g range shooting and Sporting Clays

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 156

Zatoichi

Nov 12, 2014
    All handguns must be registered = NJ, also a permit to buy is required....isn't MD the same.

I'll be working at a hospital in Annaoplis. Not sure where I'm living yet.

Sorry--I just got done making my Hbar AR. Green Mountain 1/8. Buy local!

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Welcome to the forum. All AR's and Ak's for that matter, you owned before Oct 2013 are legal to bring to the Peoples Republic. There is a big hole in my knowledge about other 'bad guns' like the Uzi and if they were banned prior to 2013 so best ask before you bring any of those.

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    But no handguns.

Drat!

You can bring them, but you are supposed to register them. If you want to buy more you will need a handgun license HQL, unless you are military or ex-mil or a cop. We just elected the first republican governor since Spiro Agnew so the chance of confiscation in the next 4 years is nil.

If you are military this isn't your permanent residence and you won't have to register.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom