• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Hello,

Found this forum last night on the web and signed up this morning. I currently live on the eastern shore near Denton. I have been here for about 13 years and before that I was in Pasadena MD.

Haven't been as active in firearms as I would like to be but trying to get back into the swing of things. I have been quite busy with two very active teenage daughters and now one of them has shown some interest in hunting and shooting so that is my green light to move full speed ahead. She currently has a Daisy BB gun and I bought her some targets and a pellet trap to play with for Christmas and looking to get her a nice starter 22 rifle. Any suggestions for a 12 year old girl?

I have been a NRA member since the mid 90's

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Welcome! If she's an average sized 12 YO she should be able to handle an adult sized rifle (my 11 YO girl does). Ruger and Marlin both make affordable, reliable .22s. Can't go wrong with either. I prefer my Marlin 795 to the Ruger 10/22 but the later has a much bigger following and more aftermarket parts.

If you want a fun-looking .22 that costs a bit more, check out the S&W M&P 15-22.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Marlin model 60. You can run over to Dover or up to Middletown Walmart, $207 cash and carry for a stainless model.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Hidey Ho from SMIBville. If you want to start with a single shot( beginners have a tendency to dance around muzzle sweeping everyone after a good shot) the Rossi matched pair with. 22/20ga can be had for about $100. The 10-22 with an adjustable stock(aftermarket) can grow with them and their capabilities. I also like the S&W 22a for beginner handgun shooters. Well settle in with some sweet lemonade(official beverage) and enjoy the show.

Last edited:

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Thanks for all the info. I am actually going to run up to Dover here in a bit to look around. Will a Walmart in Delaware sell a 22 to a MD resident?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Thanks for all the info. I am actually going to run up to Dover here in a bit to look around. Will a Walmart in Delaware sell a 22 to a MD resident?

Absolutely, take your MD state drivers license. 100% cash (or credit) and carry.

Walmart go hit pretty hard before Christmas on the lower end guns, might want to call ahead to inquire about stock.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][FONT=&quot] info![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]HOW to APPLY for a MARYLAND Carry Permit[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MDS Logo Gear[/FONT][/FONT]

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Hey Guys thanks again for all the "Welcome's"

Just got home from my little shopping spree and ended up pretty lucky today. After messing around in Dover and not seeing to much I went to Salisbury and stopped in Gander Mountain. That place was crazy like a zoo. After coming out of the bathroom and walking towards the counter I saw an employee walking buy with tactical looking weapon and placed it on display and said this is the last one to the other employee working. I went over and looked at it and it was a Sig Sauer SCM chambered in 5.56. I then grabbed a number and I was # 27 and looked up at the number board and it said # 8. I thought I had no chance in hell in even getting a look at it but when lucky # 27 was finally called it was all mine and the rest is now history. Payed a little over 1100 for it in today's market I don't think that was bad at all.

Gander considers it a Regulated firearm so I have to do the paperwork and wait. I talked to another FFL from MD and he said that I should have been able to buy it unregulated...

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Hey neighbor!
    I probably live within 10 minutes of you.

Walmart in Seaford is your friend for long guns and ammo. Not always the best selection, but close to you and no tax.
    You also might want to look up Mike Little at Midcounty for AK's, AR's, transfers, etc. He's pretty much in your backyard.

Dec 29, 2012
    Columbia
    If you have 2 daughters, you might want to get a ruger 10/22 and a marlin, maybe even a marlin that's a lever action. The only .22 I have is a ruger 10/22, but I here nothing but good things about marlins. Plus lever actions are fun. But yea, my 10/22 is pretty fun, not that complicated to maintain, and I've never had any problems.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Howdy.

www.marylandshallissue.org

roady

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2012
    Eastern Shore
    Just left Seaford Wal-Mart and they had the S&W 15-22 but wouldn't sell it to me because I am from MD and it was an AR looking rifle..... That really stinks and the price was 447.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom